“read the fine print” 1 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5223 N. Orient Rd, Tampa, FL 33610   |
Ranked #37 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“read the fine print”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2004

When you receive the flyers in the mail, read the fine print at the bottom about for your entertainment only, thats about it, the "old" casino was fun, you had a chance to win something, or at least build up some credits and play awhile, everything is so tight now it;s a complete waste of money, and as much money as they take in your drinks ought to be FREE and on drawing nights at least give 500.00 every hour to at least 3 people, you make that much in 10 seconds......loosen those machines up, you will probably make MORE money if you do!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2004

Terrific place to stay. I took my son up to Hard Rock to attend a Rays game and we had a blast. The concierge made a great first impression with us by bringing to our room directions to the ballpark after I had casually mentioned we would be attending that night. The room was clean, had an awesome flat screen TV, and a CD sound system. The beds were by far the most comfortable of any I've encountered at a hotel. We loved the pool area with the music piped into the pool via the underwater speakers. The casino was limited with only slot machines and a poker room, but we didn't go for the gambling. Food was excellent at the sit down restaurant and food court. I highly recommend a stay here at the Hard Rock. Baby boomers you will love the rock memorobilia.

• Stayed August 2004
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2004

First off let me say that I am very impressed with the business premise and mesomorphysis of the ole' casino. The change that has taken place there is absolutely awe inspiring. But there are many kinks!
I recently stayed there for a Dave Mathews concert and they were not prepared... Food and beverages were not for sale!!! Ok, it was on sale, but damned if you could get a liason to gain access to it. There was no staff, and the people working were so overwhelmed that they had no time to deliver the kind of service that a name like "Hard Rock" should aim to deliver. It was to say the least, disapointing. Overpriced food and beverage is to be expected in any modern establishment, but you must provide a consistant experience that brings people back... For now this Casino is a monoply here in Tampa, but hopefully its success is not being ignored and competition is on the way....

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2004

My subject says it all...Not a good time. Just came back from vacation from New Orleans. They only have one casino but it is good. Loose slots, $10 blackjack tables (even on a Saturday night). Very friendly staff (and patrons). This casino, which is in my home town, is not a casino. I am not sure what it is. Maybe it is a joke that will be our next realty TV show titled, "Look at these suckers that think they are gambling".

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2004

Hard Rock couldn't be located in a worse area . . .

We were walking into the hotel and smelled the cigarette smoke from the garage area.

We checked in ok - hotel staff nice . . .

We checked out the casino. The slot machines were very confusing - paper money, and they had some kind of bingo going on with the slots that you couldn't get big payoffs.

No one mentioned the smoke - there are no designated none smoking areas - a smoker's paradise! Everyone had a butt, cigar or pipe hanging out their mouths - the crowd was as low life as I have ever seen! They are bussed in from mobile home parks! Some are tough looking men and woman and when they get drunk, they get out of control.

My husband played poker - the lines were very long to play.

I finally couldn't take anymore and went up to my room. The room was beautiful - very very nice, but I still smelled the smoke in there - I almost went home in the middle of the night.

The food in the Green Room was pretty good, and the crowd seemed to be more clean cut. I heard the Floyd's restaurant was very expensive and not good, so we didn't go.

I would NEVER go back to this place. It was not a fun experience for us!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2004

Made a reservation a month in advance, called to confirm two days prior to checking in and was told that I was confirmed with out a doubt, arrived at 5:00pm and was told they did not have room for me and sent me off to another hotel. Terrible customer service. DON'T TELL PEOPLE THEY ARE CONFIRMED IF THEY AREN'T.

Brunswick,Oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2004

The Hard Rock Hotel in Tampa was by far one of the BEST places I've ever stayed at. The Hotel was beautiful, clean and everyone was friendly and accomodating. The room - 2 queens- was plenty of room for 3 of us. Maid service twice daily and anything we needed extra was promptly delivered. The pool area was fantastic with free towels, lounge chairs, tables and even covered cabanas with a ceiling fan. It was never a problem getting a cocktail from the friendly young ladies serving. Felt very safe since security checked for room keys 24/7 at the elevator entrance. We did try our luck at the Casino- and did win a little- but gave it back- but it was something fun to do when not out soaking up the sun. Very easy to get to from the Tampa Airport and not far from Ybor City or other area attractions. Will definitely return without hesitation. Thank you Hard Rock for a great 5 days!!!

• Stayed July 2004

Been to Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa? Share your experiences!