“Good Night's Sleep” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Gainesville, Florida
“Good Night's Sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Rooms are huge and bed was very comfortable. Nice "rock star" theme. A little noisy as I could hear people talking in the hallway and knocking on someone's door near our room. Front desk staff very nice. Accidently got charged over $20 for mini bar items and Margarita was very helpful with clearing that up and getting our room discounted since we "play" at the casino several times a year. Need more choices for grab and go breakfast. Overall a good value with our discount. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucy S, Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
We're so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your kind comments about Margarita, and we hope to see you again really soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I am a Florida resident and have been going to the Hard Rock Tampa casino since it opened. I wrote a review last year complaining about the changes in the comp system. Have not had a free room offer for two years....however, I called about getting a free night for my birthday, and was pleasantly surprised when I was accommodated. My husband and I were given an early check-in, and the room was very nice. OK.....that's it for any GOOD comments!!!

First problem at valet parking. I had called and was told it was $5 to use the valet parking (we usually self-park but there was a Biker's event in the garage). So we decided to use the valet even though this is the ONLY casino in the country that I have EVER paid to valet park! NEVER in Las Vegas, Mississippi, Foxwoods, etc., etc. Anyway - when we pulled up, we were told it was $10 to park (it's $5 if you're only coming in to gamble - $10 if you're staying at the hotel....HUH???) Upon checking in, I mentioned this to the reservation agent, and she said she was sure the fee would be comped upon check-out - her quote exactly - "If they're comping you a room, they'll comp the parking." OK.....

Now.....the new Players Club system.

The Seminole properties implemented a new "Player's Club" on July 1st. Previously, there were 3 levels - Gold, Platinum and Elite. I have been a Platinum member for the past 5 years. Now there are two levels - Platinum and Elite. Basically, ANYONE who has ever been to the casino (even just once) is a Platinum member. So I'm starting from scratch - have zero points. Points are now called "comp dollars" - not sure exactly the formula they use for earning them, but after playing for all of Sunday, Sunday night and early Monday morning, I had earned $39 - WOW! Went to the buffet for dinner - my husband and I showed our Players' Cards, and dinner discounted. However, when I asked to put the charge on our room, was told they can't discount the dinner if it's put on a room charge....again....HUH????

At checkout - computer system malfunctioned - was told the only person who could fix it was "not in yet"......Also, parking charge was on my bill. When I explained it was supposed to be taken care of, the agent called a "host" - who said he would not comp that charge. They took $39 off my bill (my "comp dollars" I earned) - 2 non-discounted buffet dinners, and a parking fee (plus TAX). So, now I'm back to zero balance. Also, you have to use your comp dollars within TWO MONTHS or you lose them - ridiculous!!

Needless to say, I was very unhappy. And believe me, I didn't see many happy players in the casino - actually, for a Sunday, there were very few people there at all. The casino is now too big, and the hotel is too small for such a casino. the pool area is average - nothing special - and the cleanliness of the casino area is awful - overflowing ashtrays, empty beer bottles.....

This is a longer review than I ever post, but it angers me that this casino treats the average player (me) so shabbily - The high rollers do NOT keep casinos in business - it's the players like me who go regularly and gamble a few hundred dollars who keep things going. Shame on the new CEO - whoever he/she is - re-think your comp program, your Player's Club - until then, I'll wait for the small neighborhood casinos to re-open......or fly to Beau Rivage in Biloxi more often (3 nights/airfare comped) where the casino knows how to treat loyal players.

Villa Rica, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was an excellent hotel stay and experience. The customer service in all areas was great from check in to check out. I was impressed by how clean and dust free the room was. The bed was extremely comfortable and the food in the food court was delicious and reasonably priced.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucy S, Front Office Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your time with us. Hope to see you soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are nice but not nice enough to justify the price. We paid close to 400 for one night. The food was good and wasn't overpriced. A drink at the casino was 14 for a cocktail and 5 for a beer. The lobby area is very smoky and even if you are not in the casino you should expect to smell like an ashtray when you leave. Very close to Ybor city.

• Stayed July 2013
We hope you stay with us again! If you are a player's club member you may be eligible for discounts in the Hotel, so always ask!
Leesburg, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We drove down to Tarpon Springs to check out the sponge docks & enjoy some Greek food. Then we got the idea of going to Seminole Hard Rock in Tampa to do some gambling and spend the night if a room was available. We self parked (plenty of parking). After walking through the property we turned around and left without inquiring on room availability. People were actually allowed to smoke in the gaming rooms and you could cut the smoke with a knife it was so thick. I have asthma and cannot be around cigarette & cigar smoke. I couldn't believe that any establishment still allowed smoking inside. What a disappointment. :/

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we drove up to the valet until 2 days later when we sadly drive away, our stay at this hotel was excellent. Front desk staff, housekeeping, restaurant servers ( green room especially, with all of the people they had to tolerate at 2 am) casino staff, even the security at the elevators, all were incredibly friendly and accommodating. The room was fresh and inviting . It was incredibly comfortable. In all honesty, there was only one thing I could complain about. Every time I moved in my bed it squeaked. Loudly. Just turning over would wake up my friend in the next bed. But the bed was very comfortable. I barely noticed the squeaking but she complained to me both nights. Lol. Still, it was a great time and I hope to return soon.

• Stayed May 2013
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Hotel public bathrooms are dirty and the stalls won't lock. Pool is tiny. Service at check in is bait and switch and don't expect them to be concerned. You have to exit the hotel to reach the club and wear two ugly wristbands. Won't be back.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa? Share your experiences!