“Great casino hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
New York
“Great casino hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

The rooms at this Hard Rock are terrific. The are very large and comfortable with beds that have superb linens. The bathroom has a unique style with large double sinks and a sliding glass door that closes off the toilet and tub from the sink area. The downside is that the tub is quite large and does not have any grab bars if you need them. Super clean rooms. We always request a non-smoking floor room. The hotel is in the process of renovating the pool area and hopefully will be completed by Spring of 2012.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

My husband and I go here often as we live only 50 miles away. We don't always stay overnight, we have LOVED the rooms. They are modern and clean and have a cool selection of cd's to listen to! The security guard checks to make sure you have a room key before you are even allowed near the elevators.
We travel in our camper and have been to MANY casinos, probably 10-15 in the last six months alone, in various states. There is NO comparison to this one. Next to Las Vegas this is our favorite casino to go to. They have all of the best and newest machines - Tarzan, Sex and the City (bunches of them!), Betty Boop and Hangover. They have interactive ones where groups can sit and win bonuses together. They are always changing it up to keep interest going. There is lots of expansion going on too, they are always building new rooms and adding on.
join the player's club even if you don't live around Tampa or Orlando. They send you amazing freebies you get and that isn't even from your player points! We get free play, property credit, free nights every month in the hotel, free food in their amazing buffet! They have the BEST steakhouse I have ever been to, even in New York City. The french fries are to DIE for, I am not kidding. They have a Sushi restaurant and we love that too. It has fast service and you can sit right there and watch them make your sushi.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
SHRTampa, Public Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us, we so appreciate hearing you had a wonderful time! We look forward to host you again in the near future!
Central Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

We just returned from our 5th of 6th trip to Tampa this year and I must say it was really nice. Our room was clean and comfortable. The room service was very good and the food was well prepared and hot. Check in was prompt and we were in our room in no time.

We want to give special thanks to our bellman "Dustin". He is always very courteous and professional and goes that extra mile to make sure everything is just so. He is what we like to call a "keeper".

The slots were fun and there are plenty of them. Won a little, lost a little, but had a real good time. Thank you Hard Rock.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
SHRTampa, Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us! We're so happy to hear that you had a great time while you were here, that's what we strive for, excellent guest service each and every day! Hope to see you again soon.
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

My parents senior citizen parents traveled all the way from Kansas City to Orlando (where I live) so I could drive them over and let them "play" at the Hard Rock Casino in Tampa. There intention was to check in to the hotel once we got there... (I had checked room availability and gambled that there would be plenty when we arrived).
What was waiting for us was unbelievable. The traffic into the faciity was the worst I've ever seen....worse than L.A. traffic during rush hour! It took us 25 minutes just to get to the entrance of the parking garage. Then we spent another HOUR driving around the only open parking garage (along with about 75 other cars) trying to find a parking space. We were almost hit by other cars acting crazy at least 4 times! Once we gave up and got out of the garage, we headed in the direction of valet parking to let them deal with parking the car. We were told that valet parking was closed. When we found a security person walking along the side of the road, we asked him what was going on. His exact words were "I'm not allowed to talk about it. You just need to leave the area." Well, we left and I drove us to a gas station where I could get out of the car and call the hotel/casino and find out why we couldn't even get in. I was told by the a woman who identified herself as the front desk manager that they didn't know what was going on but would transfer me to security. Now, even more frustrated, I then talked to a gentlemen in the Security office. When I explained what I had been through with my family, he suggested that I just park in the South Garage (the very one I had said I was just in). When I explained AGAIN that this South Garage was full as well, I then suggested that he get some officers over there, shutdown any incoming traffic to that garage and start directing the traffic that is STUCK in there!
What a completely wasted trip! I can't tell you how upset I am as are my parents who just spent a great deal of money on the airfare as well as the car rental. We ended up checking in to a cheap motel not too far from the casino and decided to try to get in this morning. We were met with a mile-long back up of cars trying to get into the facility again. We didn't even try.
What a PR NIGHTMARE this is going to be for Hardrock. Of the 3 different people that I spoke to trying to get some answers, not ONE person apologized or offered to make up for any part of the wasted trip we must made!
I will be hard pressed to patronize this establishment in the future and will discourage others from going there as well.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dean, please know how very sorry we are to hear about your experience. We closed the North Garage temporarily Thursday evening for precautionary measures only during our construction of a new parking garage. Unfortunately, we experienced high volumes of traffic Although the garage was open for business as usual Friday, we can't express enough how very sorry we are to hear that your parents were in town and did not get a chance to experience the casino with you. Please contact us directly at tahrsocialmedia@seminolehardrock.com so we can better connect with you about this.
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

After reading several negative reviews, I was hesitant to spend 2 nights here. Check-in was a breeze and the non-smoking room was fresh, clean and roomy. The bathroom was large but quite a weird design.
The casino is beautiful and huge! I found the slot machines somewhat tight (yes, I lost) but I was not choking with the smoke as several reviews stated.
The Green Room food was quite good but I was totally disappointed with the Fresh Harvest Buffet. For the price ($22 with my Players card), the choice of food and quality was only fair. The food stations were all over the place so my plate was practically cold by the time I got back to my table. I do not recommend Fresh Harvest.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Hi there, thanks so much for writing us with your comments and experience that you had while here.
We're so sorry to hear that Fresh Harvest was not what you hoped for, but thank you for letting us know how we can improve. Hope to see you again soon!
Bradenton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

i was guaranteed a hotel room for smoking being in a casino i figured that would not be a problem. when i arrived could not get a smoking room. they were all taken. the desk clerk said she would try to accomadate me by giving me a room with a door to a balcony that i couyld smoke out of, which she did. the room was very nice the balcony didnt exist just a door that opened and bars across and that it. so i go down to start playing in the casino that is why i'm there and why anyone should go there. so i get on my first machine all alone and having a great time. when a man three seats down from me tells me this is non smoking. well of course its not its a casino and there are ash trays at every machine. by this time i'm tired of the smoking problem so i put out the cigarette and walk away. but now my whole experience has made me angry. i'm an older lady i do not drink i dont take drugs i rarely get to gamble and i feel that if i can have a cigarette without the world attacking me like a criminal that would be really nice. so to end this i want to tell all of you people out there i am not in your business when you get drunk and obnoxious and make my life miserable so please stay the heck out of mine. needless to say the restaurant was not very good in food and had a terri ble smell i did see cockroaches in the casino. but nonbe of that bothered me as much as the grumpy old clients, and a casino hotel out of smoking rooms.

Room Tip: if you are traveling with children this is not the place to go and if you are against smokers again...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
First, I want to take the time to personally apologize for you not getting the room you requested. I've forwarded your comments to the Director of Hotel Operations so he's aware. We do have a very small hotel compared to the volume of guests, but again, can't express enough our apologies for not being able to give you the room you requested. You are correct in that we do allow smoking here and the spaces where we don't allow smoking is in our Poker Room and our restaurants. Next time you visit us and you have difficulty finding a machine where you can enjoy what you like to do, please be sure to ask anyone in our slot department and they will be happy to direct you to a location where you can do that. Thanks again for your comments, we want to be better, and your comments allow us to see how we can do that!
Penrith, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

We knew this hotel would not be ideal for families when we booked it, but we got an excellent price and as we only wanted somewhere to eat and sleep before going to bush gardens we decided it would be fine. When we arrived we were quite alarmed at the number of cars and people going to the casino. There were long queue's to parking so we took the valet option which was $10. we had arrived on a "coupon day" so there were lots of people there. Once up to our room we were very happy, it was a lovely room. It had every thing you could need, was large and very clean and well decorated. Because of the large numbers down stairs we decided to have room service and the quality of food was very good. And not that over priced. Overall we were very happy with our stay and would go back again for the same reasons.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
SHRTampa, Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Hi there, thanks for telling us about your experience. We're so happy to hear you enjoyed yourself. You're right, our casino floor is 21 & up and our poker room is 18 & up, so it's not a place for children. However, there are several family-friendly entertainment options nearby! Hope to see you again soon.

Been to Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa? Share your experiences!