“Great hotel! Fun trip!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5223 N. Orient Rd, Tampa, FL 33610   |
Ranked #36 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Great hotel! Fun trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

To celebrate our anniversary, my boyfriend and I decided to book a trip to the Seminole Hard Rock Casino Tampa. We are Florida residents and avid gamblers. Our frequent trips to Las Vegas have become increasingly expensive as the cost of airplane fuel continues to rise. We decided to try the Seminole HR, because it's within driving distance. The hotel is beautiful and SAFE! There is a security guard that stands by the elevators and swipes room keys. Only those who are current hotel patrons may enter the elevators. I felt safe knowing that the only people who could come to my room were those staying at the hotel. The rooms were modern and comfortable. The shower and tub were excellent! The casino itself pales in comparison to Las Vegas, but it certainly quenched our gambling thirst. The drinks aren't free. The table minimums are high. And they can't offer craps or roulette. If you like slots, however, you're in heaven. We enjoy blackjack, and found several $10 tables (higher than our typical $5 or preferred $3 minimum, but still reasonable). After a four day stay, we left with money in our pockets and memories that won't be forgotten! Thanks Seminole Hard Rock Tampa for making our anniversary so special!

Room Tip: Ask for complimentary upgrades.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

This hotel has surprisingly nice rooms.
The only problem is, they don't have ENOUGH of them.
It's virtually impossible to get a room here on the weekends. Many locals book rooms here for the weekends so if you're planning a trip to the area, you're best advised to book WELL in advance.

Overall the hotel is very nice, excellent restaurants and service.
My understanding is that additional rooms are "in the works" to be added soon. This is desperately needed.

In the area, this is about it as far as nice hotels. There are many motels in the area but the neighborhood is not the greatest. I'd recommend the hotel to a family member if he or she needed to be at the actual casino for multiple days. If not required to be ON property, I'd recommend staying in Clearwater or even Orlando and driving for your "casino fix".

The pools are nice. Spa is adequate. Restaurants are fantastic.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
SHRTampa, Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Thanks so much for writing your opinions on the hotel. Hopefully in the near future we can build more rooms, as you're right, our four diamond 250 rooms go quickly! Have a wonderful day.
Valrico, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

I started to go to Hard Rock several years ago when they offered bingo and the bingo style slot machines. So much so that I was offered a free room every month. I took advantage of this offer for a few months until every time I attempted to book a room I was told there were none available. After several months of this, I quit going to the Hard Rock.

When they installed Vegas style slot machines, I started going back and soon was offered two free rooms a month as a Platinum Player's Club Member. But, every time I made a room reservation and asked for a King Smoking, I have yet to receive one. I am always given what I would consider to be the worst rooms in the building - 5th floor overlooking the roof. I was told this was because I was not an Elite Member and King rooms are reserved just for them!

I find this to be extremely poor customer service on their part. Everyone who comes into that
casino spends money. They are entitled to have a room (at least once) that they have actually asked for and reserved in advance. I understand that the more money you spend (lose) the more perks you will receive as a player, but unless you cater to ALL individuals in the casino you may not get the little guy back. His money is as good as the guy who spends big bucks.

Although Hard Rock is the only "casino" in this area, there are other casinos close by in other states where everyone in Florida can and do take their gambling money.

Great Falls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I love the Hard Rock franchise, but this is the first time I've stayed at a Hard Rock hotel. I made reservations well in advance, so we go a pretty good price. The staff were all very friendly, and provided great customer service. Our room was clean (loved the bathroom, gave me some great ideas for my own when I am ready to remodel) and we had a great view of the Tampa Skyline. We ate at the Cafe, I'm sure our waiter was in training, but he did fine and we were in no hurry. The drinks were expensive (we expected to pay more on our cruise, but not the case) but we were on vacation, so what the heck. The entertainment in the bar areas was fun. We are not gamblers, so not complaints on what we lost. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Georgia (USA)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Room was fantastic. My only problem was being charged for Valet parking when I was a hotel guest. Will NEVER pay to park again. I'll walk from the parking lot.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
The Woodlands, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

While visiting Tampa in June 2011 my family and I wanted to visit the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and eat at the buffet. We had trouble finding the buffet upstairs. The signs leading us to the buffet were minimal. We had to ask and were told the wrong direction twice. The casino was filled with cigarette smoke. We are not smokers. A better filtration system is needed to handle the amount of cigarette smoke. Once upstairs there was a line to enter the buffet. We started in the line at 8:30 pm. We were told by the hostess that it would be a 30 minute wait. An hour and a half later we were finally seated at our table. Why did we stay in the line, you ask? Well, after 30 minutes we thought it would be just a few minutes more. After an hour we figured we had put an hour into it so why leave at 9:30 pm to go elsewhere. We were seated at 10:00 pm and the signs said that they stop serving at 10:00 pm. They were out of the 2 soups at the seafood station and didn't replenish them even though their restaurant was FILLED TO CAPACITY WITH PEOPLE. The guy shucking fresh oysters couldn't keep up with the line of people waiting for them. The king crabs were "babies" and not filled with meat. Why not wait for bigger crabs. The salad buffet was a total mess. Gross, unclean, and empty by the time we got there. The steak buffet had pieces of what looked to be "leather" cooking on the grill. We were so disappointed. We have experienced wonderful buffets in Las Vegas and at Harrah's in New Orleans. I will never go to the buffet at the Seminole Hard Rock again, and I would not recommend it to anyone. They have been running this buffet for years and if you enter the line at 8:30 at night they should have known to tell you that the average wait is and hour+. Shame on them for wanting you only for the $27/person charge. And, shame on me if I ever go again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

I have been going here a couple of times a year for the past 5 years. Each time I go I swear I won't go back, but I there I was again. Check in and Valet were fine. Room was clean and always has everything I need. Security is good. The new Hard rock cafe for dinner had good service and as a solo traveler I find many times I get ignored. Not the case here, dinner was very pleasant.

The slot machines have gotten tighter each time I visit. I did not do as badly as I have done the past few trips, but only because my machines kept breaking down and in one case after a power surge I had to wait over an hour to get someone to come and reset my machine. This happened four times during my 24 hour stay. Nothing is more annoying than to sit a a machine and you cant play or cash out and move to another machine and be ignored by 20 employees. Supervisor would pass by and when I would flag them down they would say they would send someone and 20 minutes later not a soul except sympathetic cleaning crews that of course could not help... Their loss as the machines can easily eat $200 or more every hour or more think of all my money they lost.

I am sure I will be back, as it is close to home. I try to be optimistic that next time will be better.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
SHRTampa, Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Thank you for your response. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed the new Hard Rock Cafe while you were here visiting. We strive to provide prompt guest service and appreciate you sharing your frustrations with the response time on the slot floor. We will share your information with the slot management team so they are aware of the situation and can address.

Been to Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa? Share your experiences!