“The Best Stay Yet.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Central Florida
“The Best Stay Yet.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

Just returned home from our third stay this year. The Hotel is always clean and the staff is very helpful. The rooms are very comfortable and well appointed. The Bell Staff are the best. Very prompt and courteous and check in and check out is a breeze. Room service is good and the new menu is a welcome change. Thanks for a great stay. The slots seem a little better, but may just be lady luck.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

We have visited the casino several times, but this was our first stay. Read a lot of "outdated" reviews, but went anyway. We were very impressed. The room was modern, large, clean, etc.... And as for the food... You can't beat Council Oak. Service, quality and preperation is outstanding... This was our second meal at this restaurant and if it could be, it was better than the first. Yes, it is pricy and if you can't afford it go to the food court. The odds on the video poker is way under what we are use to, but where are you going to go... This is the only game in town. We did manage to stay-and-play for two days and leave with money. (Not as much as when we came.).. All-in-all, I would reccomend the casino and Council Oak for a good time and great food....

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

Can't say enough about the quality of the room. We actually stayed there several years ago but there is no option here for that long ago...

The room was amazing. The bed had down comforter and tons of pillows. Terrific tv/entertainment set-up and a bathroom to die for with sliding opaque green glass slider wall!

My hubby just returned from Tampa yesterday, after spending a week there, on a poker vacation with a friend. They stayed elsewhere, but spent over 12 hours/day in the new poker room which is the main purpose for this review.

I was hoping to plan a joint trip back to the Hard Rock later this year, with my hubby, but we will pick another resort now that hubby is back to report on their new poker room:

1. the room is beyond cold. can you say "ice cold?"!! He drove around to 8 stores, hoping to find a sweatshirt or even long underwear, but all the winter merchandise had been removed from the stores already to make room for summer clothing. So he froze for 7 days in that poker room .They admit there is a problem....My hubby has no problem with cool poker rooms; that is the norm but he said this was just horribly cold. He wore a light windbreaker but it gave no warmth at all. I hate freezing poker rooms, so we wont' be returning.

2. no free drinks - this is due to lack of competition, so be forewarned. A beer will cost you $4.50 while you are gambling anywhere in this casino. Total rip off and unheard of everywhere else. We play all over the country & not big drinkers, but toss us a bone for all we are spending!

3. too much is cut from the pots

4. after 7 days of playing for 12 hrs/day minimum, all the boy got was a coupon for the buffet.

Maybe all the above is a sign of the times, but I prefer to go elsewhere to gamble as just not the way to treat your customers at a casino. But look out, Hard Rock! Your governor is trying to push a bill through that will bring much-needed competition to the state of Florida. You will be providing complimentary drinks to your gambling patrons one day soon, hopefully.

If you want a nice room, and don't drink, and play slots - go for it! But bring your long underwear as whole casino is very cold...but the poker room is a freezer!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Tampa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

First time at this Hotel and the experience was surprisingly unsatisfactory. As I drove up to the Valet area so I can check in took Aprox. 5 minutes to acknowledge my presence. Once done I walked to the check in counter and notice a line with only two clerks at the counters for guests. I also noticed that the check in counter can accommodate 4 clerks two on the left and two on the right. I waited for aprox. 12 minutes before I was helped and an additional 15 minutes to find out that they have given my room to a player from the casino. Keep in mind it was reserved and paid for in advanced. I asked the hard question. " Why was my room given to someone else?" It was answered with "The room types are not guaranteed at any time". Remember room types do change the price of the daily rate so this response that was given to me was not at all believable. So to you consumers out there I guess you can reserve and make a full payment on a room and it does not make a difference. I did get a $100.00 discount on my daily rate for 3 days saving me $300.00. However, I was given a double vice a single king and it is a fun and romantic stay for my wife and I. My expectations for this Hotel was to have fun and relax while doing it. I cannot say that I am at all happy or content. I was promised that by tomorrow I would be moved into my previously reserved room. However, I have already experienced that nothing is guaranteed with this Hotel. I will keep you all informed of the outcome . Till then please be more aware of reviews, read them and use them towards your advantage... I should have!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

I spent 2 nights here in March. The room was great. Comfy, modern, CLEAN. I was very happy with the room and the coffee maker in the room. Every employee i spoke to was very helpful. The casino was very clean. The pool area was very nice. The casino was fun and i won a few good bonus rounds on the slots. The table minimums were $25.00 or up but it was a friday night when i was checking the tables out. Poker room was good. I did have one "bad" meal at The Green Room restaurant. When at the pool, the waitress did forget me totally one time and took forever to get me a cup of ice when i asked for it another time. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
austin, tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

The hotel staff was lacking and seemed annoyed by our presence and desire to check in. Unable to reach the concierge desk and was put on hold by the front desk for over 5 minutes.The rooms are lovely. The restaurant food was horrible and again the staff ignored us, we had to approach them to request a table.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
SHRTampa, Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, February 18, 2011
Hello, Thank you for writing us. We are so sorry to hear about your experience with our hotel staff and food and beverage staff. We'd love to hear from you further so we can take corrective action. Please contact us at tahrsocialmedia@seminolehardrock.com
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

First of all, I read these reviews and they seem to be way off base. Everyone complaining they didn't win the jackpot. Everyone complaining the service is horrible. It's funny how blowing money you shouldn't be wasting causes the Casino/Hotel to be a dump or trash or tight. Derrr, it's a casino. What would you expect? Win some, lose some, that's why it's called GAMBLING. If you go to try and win money to pay your bills, then you really have no business stepping inside a casino. As far as all the smoke..again, it's a casino, not an art gallery. The numerous times I have stayed at the hotel and played in the casino have always been fun. It's entertainment, not charity. Service is always great. Perhaps those that complain should stop trying to get free stuff after blowing your rent money. The staff deals with whiny people all day, and if you show some respect, you'd probably get some respect. Freeloaders should just go to the local soup kitchen and stop trying to solve all your problems by gambling. If you can't afford it, don't go. Rooms are clean, staff is friendly, never a problem. Perhaps I went knowing it's a casino and not a charity.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa? Share your experiences!