“nicest room ever! AVOID POKER ROOM...read on!” 5 of 5 stars

Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5223 N. Orient Rd, Tampa, FL 33610   |
Ranked #35 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Connecticut
“nicest room ever! AVOID POKER ROOM...read on!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

Can't say enough about the quality of the room. We actually stayed there several years ago but there is no option here for that long ago...

The room was amazing. The bed had down comforter and tons of pillows. Terrific tv/entertainment set-up and a bathroom to die for with sliding opaque green glass slider wall!

My hubby just returned from Tampa yesterday, after spending a week there, on a poker vacation with a friend. They stayed elsewhere, but spent over 12 hours/day in the new poker room which is the main purpose for this review.

I was hoping to plan a joint trip back to the Hard Rock later this year, with my hubby, but we will pick another resort now that hubby is back to report on their new poker room:

1. the room is beyond cold. can you say "ice cold?"!! He drove around to 8 stores, hoping to find a sweatshirt or even long underwear, but all the winter merchandise had been removed from the stores already to make room for summer clothing. So he froze for 7 days in that poker room .They admit there is a problem....My hubby has no problem with cool poker rooms; that is the norm but he said this was just horribly cold. He wore a light windbreaker but it gave no warmth at all. I hate freezing poker rooms, so we wont' be returning.

2. no free drinks - this is due to lack of competition, so be forewarned. A beer will cost you $4.50 while you are gambling anywhere in this casino. Total rip off and unheard of everywhere else. We play all over the country & not big drinkers, but toss us a bone for all we are spending!

3. too much is cut from the pots

4. after 7 days of playing for 12 hrs/day minimum, all the boy got was a coupon for the buffet.

Maybe all the above is a sign of the times, but I prefer to go elsewhere to gamble as just not the way to treat your customers at a casino. But look out, Hard Rock! Your governor is trying to push a bill through that will bring much-needed competition to the state of Florida. You will be providing complimentary drinks to your gambling patrons one day soon, hopefully.

If you want a nice room, and don't drink, and play slots - go for it! But bring your long underwear as whole casino is very cold...but the poker room is a freezer!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

661 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Tampa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

First time at this Hotel and the experience was surprisingly unsatisfactory. As I drove up to the Valet area so I can check in took Aprox. 5 minutes to acknowledge my presence. Once done I walked to the check in counter and notice a line with only two clerks at the counters for guests. I also noticed that the check in counter can accommodate 4 clerks two on the left and two on the right. I waited for aprox. 12 minutes before I was helped and an additional 15 minutes to find out that they have given my room to a player from the casino. Keep in mind it was reserved and paid for in advanced. I asked the hard question. " Why was my room given to someone else?" It was answered with "The room types are not guaranteed at any time". Remember room types do change the price of the daily rate so this response that was given to me was not at all believable. So to you consumers out there I guess you can reserve and make a full payment on a room and it does not make a difference. I did get a $100.00 discount on my daily rate for 3 days saving me $300.00. However, I was given a double vice a single king and it is a fun and romantic stay for my wife and I. My expectations for this Hotel was to have fun and relax while doing it. I cannot say that I am at all happy or content. I was promised that by tomorrow I would be moved into my previously reserved room. However, I have already experienced that nothing is guaranteed with this Hotel. I will keep you all informed of the outcome . Till then please be more aware of reviews, read them and use them towards your advantage... I should have!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

I spent 2 nights here in March. The room was great. Comfy, modern, CLEAN. I was very happy with the room and the coffee maker in the room. Every employee i spoke to was very helpful. The casino was very clean. The pool area was very nice. The casino was fun and i won a few good bonus rounds on the slots. The table minimums were $25.00 or up but it was a friday night when i was checking the tables out. Poker room was good. I did have one "bad" meal at The Green Room restaurant. When at the pool, the waitress did forget me totally one time and took forever to get me a cup of ice when i asked for it another time. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
austin, tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

The hotel staff was lacking and seemed annoyed by our presence and desire to check in. Unable to reach the concierge desk and was put on hold by the front desk for over 5 minutes.The rooms are lovely. The restaurant food was horrible and again the staff ignored us, we had to approach them to request a table.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
SHRTampa, Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, February 18, 2011
Hello, Thank you for writing us. We are so sorry to hear about your experience with our hotel staff and food and beverage staff. We'd love to hear from you further so we can take corrective action. Please contact us at tahrsocialmedia@seminolehardrock.com
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

First of all, I read these reviews and they seem to be way off base. Everyone complaining they didn't win the jackpot. Everyone complaining the service is horrible. It's funny how blowing money you shouldn't be wasting causes the Casino/Hotel to be a dump or trash or tight. Derrr, it's a casino. What would you expect? Win some, lose some, that's why it's called GAMBLING. If you go to try and win money to pay your bills, then you really have no business stepping inside a casino. As far as all the smoke..again, it's a casino, not an art gallery. The numerous times I have stayed at the hotel and played in the casino have always been fun. It's entertainment, not charity. Service is always great. Perhaps those that complain should stop trying to get free stuff after blowing your rent money. The staff deals with whiny people all day, and if you show some respect, you'd probably get some respect. Freeloaders should just go to the local soup kitchen and stop trying to solve all your problems by gambling. If you can't afford it, don't go. Rooms are clean, staff is friendly, never a problem. Perhaps I went knowing it's a casino and not a charity.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

Nice room with great security and alot better payouts than biloxi or neworleans or anywhere in three state area

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Deleon Springs, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

First, let me say that we did not actually stay at the Hotel. We saved money and stayed across the street at the Comfort Suites (which was wonderful- free shuttle to and from the casino). There were 9 of us that went to celebrate 2 of the girls 30th birthdays. I was terrified from the other reviews. Not only was it Gasparilla Pirate Festival (huge parade/street party to draws a huge crowd) George Strait and Reba were also in concert. I just knew the place was going to be packed and miserable. We got there at 8:15 and it was busy, but no long lines for anything. We decided to eat at the newly opened Hard Rock Cafe. Wait was an hour... Which wound up being an hour and a half, but once we got seated service and food was great. They don't have pagers or buzzers so u have to hang out to listen for your name. Hopefully they will change that b/c who wants to stand around and wait with in ear shot with so much to see and do. Ok, so food was good. Lines for drinks got worse as the night went on. Up until 11 my rum and coke was $7. It was in a high ball glass and it was always very strong. After 11 the place transforms a little and the party started. Drinks go up, mine went from $7-$9. I was bummed but what can you do? The front bar turned into a 80's themed dance party. Average age was 40-50. Hard Rock Cafe turns into a full fledge night club, go-go dancers and all. DJ was good, it was fun. Age range there was younger. After midnight guys pay $5 cover. I have to say we had a good time. Two married couples and 3 single females- we all enjoyed it. The guys played Black Jack in the "hard rock girls black jack pit". My husband was up over $600 at one point. I should have taken his chips :/ he wound up losing it at 2:45 am. We left with $100 more than we came with. Our friends won $300 at the same Black Jack table. None of us are experienced gamblers, just went to the Hard Rock for a fun getaway. Mission accomplished. It's a clean place, people were friendly. Yes it smelled a little smokey but none of us are smokers and it didn't bother us at all.

• Stayed January 2011

Been to Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa? Share your experiences!