Can't say enough about the quality of the room. We actually stayed there several years ago but there is no option here for that long ago...
The room was amazing. The bed had down comforter and tons of pillows. Terrific tv/entertainment set-up and a bathroom to die for with sliding opaque green glass slider wall!
My hubby just returned from Tampa yesterday, after spending a week there, on a poker vacation with a friend. They stayed elsewhere, but spent over 12 hours/day in the new poker room which is the main purpose for this review.
I was hoping to plan a joint trip back to the Hard Rock later this year, with my hubby, but we will pick another resort now that hubby is back to report on their new poker room:
1. the room is beyond cold. can you say "ice cold?"!! He drove around to 8 stores, hoping to find a sweatshirt or even long underwear, but all the winter merchandise had been removed from the stores already to make room for summer clothing. So he froze for 7 days in that poker room .They admit there is a problem....My hubby has no problem with cool poker rooms; that is the norm but he said this was just horribly cold. He wore a light windbreaker but it gave no warmth at all. I hate freezing poker rooms, so we wont' be returning.
2. no free drinks - this is due to lack of competition, so be forewarned. A beer will cost you $4.50 while you are gambling anywhere in this casino. Total rip off and unheard of everywhere else. We play all over the country & not big drinkers, but toss us a bone for all we are spending!
3. too much is cut from the pots
4. after 7 days of playing for 12 hrs/day minimum, all the boy got was a coupon for the buffet.
Maybe all the above is a sign of the times, but I prefer to go elsewhere to gamble as just not the way to treat your customers at a casino. But look out, Hard Rock! Your governor is trying to push a bill through that will bring much-needed competition to the state of Florida. You will be providing complimentary drinks to your gambling patrons one day soon, hopefully.
If you want a nice room, and don't drink, and play slots - go for it! But bring your long underwear as whole casino is very cold...but the poker room is a freezer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seminole Hard Rock's 250-luxury room hotel has earned its prestigious Four Diamond rating for five years in a row. Garage parking is free and valet parking is also available. We welcome reviews about the hotel experience, but we do have a casino and amenity specific page so be sure to leave your review on the right page so we can best respond to your comments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Tampa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel And Casino Tampa
- Seminole Hard Rock Tampa
- Hard Rock Hotel Tampa
- Hard Rock Tampa