“Worth going off the beaten path!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palmer House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tampa
Palmer House Bed and Breakfast
You added Palmer House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
2221 Hinton Ranch Rd, Lithia, Tampa, FL 33547   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Tampa B&B and Inns
Tallahassee, Florida
“Worth going off the beaten path!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

If you want a quiet spot in the woods where you hear frogs at night from a covered Jacuzzi, this is your spot. With a couple on-site who handles everything themselves, we called at 4 pm spontaneously on a road trip for an 8pm arrival. After a long day, the owner greeted us efficiently and quickly checked us in. We picked up dinner on the way, ate it outside on our private patio porch in large rocking chairs, then jumped in the Jacuzzi (and again in the morning after blueberry waffles, amazing coffee, and juice). This is a ways inland from Tampa amid some small farms. It is a little like a mini-estate. The bathrooms are atypically large -- and ours had a stand-in shower and clawfoot tub --- the hot water and pressure are great. The in-room kitchenette counter is wonderful, as is the refrigerator. The couple mentioned they are about to renovate again . . . can't imagine how amazing it will be, because it's already wonderful. The "main house" is where the kitchen and service parlor is for meals, and well as the owners' private residence. An attached wing off the side of the house has the B&B rooms. If you want elbow room and a little of the country, this is perfect. There is a large screened-in pool as well that looked inviting.

Room Tip: The owners will help you select the best room based on your needs or preferences.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

What a relaxing Get-Away! It is so peaceful that I had difficulty believing that I was still so close to civilization. The house and rooms are beautifully decorated and cared for, with so many little extra touches that you can see the thought put into making the stay special. Gail and Bob are outstanding hosts! They truly love taking care of their guests and are very good at it. I can't believe I'm saying it, but I'm actually looking for reasons to have a meeting so I can stay with them again!

Room Tip: I've stayed here 3 times and have either stayed in or seen all of the rooms. There isn't a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Spent our 20th Anniv, here!!!We had a wonderful stay,out in the country,,The owners are super nice!,,upon arrival, Gail,informed us of an upgrade to our room,,,,was fantastic,,,breakfast in the am was really good too!!!,,,,for our Dinner we went by a suggestion as well to The Cellar,,,had a great meal,,,,,Am looking forward to staying again Thanks so much,,,Frank and Teena,.....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The Suite Memories room at the Palmer House is larger than a studio apartment I lived in for a year. Technically, it is rural (you'll see horse and cow pastures as you approach the House) but it's a quick and easy to get food, fuel or whatever else you may need. All bathroom and kitchenette fixtures and appliances are modern and up-to-date. Suite Memories has a separate entrance. Due to our schedule and the time of year, we weren't able to take advantage of the other amenities that the property offers (pool, hot tub, relaxing in Adirondack chairs on the porch). Gail clearly loves taking care of her guests. We appreciated her assembling a breakfast basket for us since we could not take advantage of her home-cooked breakfast in the dining room on checkout day.

Room Tip: If you want to be close to the pool, spa and parking, then this is the room to choose.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed at the Palmer House for one night to attend a meeting at Ellel Ministries. The experience and the accommodations exceeded my expectations and Gail's attentiveness and service were like balm. I recommend the Palmer House to the seasoned traveler with high standards and to the rest of you who would like to know how to set the standard!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I give this B&B 5/5 for everything. I stayed here for 5 nights while I attended a teaching week at Ellel Ministries. Gail is just the loveliest, very welcoming and accommodating and always checked if I had everything I needed in my room, the Spring Gardens room was delightful, breakfast was delicious, the property is beautiful and serene. I loved it! I felt so spoilt my whole time there, I'd go back in a heartbeat. Thanks Gail!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

Our daughter had her baby 5 weeks early. Her fiance mother and stepfather came from California suddenly. The nearest Hotels in the area where we live are at least 20 minutes away. I remembered that there was a BnB near our home. Called up the Innkeeper Gail and she was able to accommodate them on such a short notice. They were extremely please with the entire concept. The breakfast was great they said and the grounds were beautiful. They went in the Hot tub one evening and there room was spectacular. It is a great place to stay if you are in the Tampa/Brandon/Plant City area. We would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Look at the web site to view the photos of the rooms.The rooms themes very.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family