“Lots of room in Suite Memories” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palmer House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tampa
Palmer House Bed and Breakfast
You added Palmer House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
2221 Hinton Ranch Rd, Lithia, Tampa, FL 33547   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Tampa B&B and Inns
Lexington, Massachusetts
“Lots of room in Suite Memories”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The Suite Memories room at the Palmer House is larger than a studio apartment I lived in for a year. Technically, it is rural (you'll see horse and cow pastures as you approach the House) but it's a quick and easy to get food, fuel or whatever else you may need. All bathroom and kitchenette fixtures and appliances are modern and up-to-date. Suite Memories has a separate entrance. Due to our schedule and the time of year, we weren't able to take advantage of the other amenities that the property offers (pool, hot tub, relaxing in Adirondack chairs on the porch). Gail clearly loves taking care of her guests. We appreciated her assembling a breakfast basket for us since we could not take advantage of her home-cooked breakfast in the dining room on checkout day.

Room Tip: If you want to be close to the pool, spa and parking, then this is the room to choose.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed at the Palmer House for one night to attend a meeting at Ellel Ministries. The experience and the accommodations exceeded my expectations and Gail's attentiveness and service were like balm. I recommend the Palmer House to the seasoned traveler with high standards and to the rest of you who would like to know how to set the standard!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I give this B&B 5/5 for everything. I stayed here for 5 nights while I attended a teaching week at Ellel Ministries. Gail is just the loveliest, very welcoming and accommodating and always checked if I had everything I needed in my room, the Spring Gardens room was delightful, breakfast was delicious, the property is beautiful and serene. I loved it! I felt so spoilt my whole time there, I'd go back in a heartbeat. Thanks Gail!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

Our daughter had her baby 5 weeks early. Her fiance mother and stepfather came from California suddenly. The nearest Hotels in the area where we live are at least 20 minutes away. I remembered that there was a BnB near our home. Called up the Innkeeper Gail and she was able to accommodate them on such a short notice. They were extremely please with the entire concept. The breakfast was great they said and the grounds were beautiful. They went in the Hot tub one evening and there room was spectacular. It is a great place to stay if you are in the Tampa/Brandon/Plant City area. We would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Look at the web site to view the photos of the rooms.The rooms themes very.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Sun City Center, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

My husband and I went for our anniversary, and we like a country setting. We got more than we expected. It was beautiful, relaxing, clean and refreshing. We enjoyed the walk around the grounds, and the neighboring cows were a delight to watch. We stayed in the cabin room, from the picture we thought the decor was going to be too busy, but we were delighted with the accommodations. The bed was very comfortable and we enjoyed the popcorn and a movie. We also really enjoyed the swing under the big oak trees. Everything was in good taste, nothing offensive. They are a Christian family and do not compromise their values. We will go again and stay a couple of days so as to enjoy some horseback riding or maybe some canoeing.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

We purchased a gift certificate for 3 days and 2 nights at an auction, with plans to use the weekend to celebrate our 5th anniversary. When I called to book, the owner was very accommodating - UNTIL she found out we had a gift certificate. I was informed that the gift certificate was for 1 night only, and could only be used Monday through Thursday. NONE of that information was on the gift certificate, which was initialed by the owner, or in the auction information. She said she would give us Suite Romance on a Friday, but ONLY if it was not booked by someone else.

When we arrived, we were informed that we had been assigned to another room. In an effort to convince us to return, we were shown the other rooms - INCLUDING the one we had been promised!! I asked if it had been booked for the night, and was told no. When I explained that we had been promised the room, the woman helping us pretended not to know anything about it. The room we were assigned was obnoxious and ugly (DON'T book the Cabin!), and so we requested to move to Suite Romance. When we went to request the move, I saw our reservation slip, and there was NO MENTION of our anniversary, or of our promised room. THE OWNER LIED. She had no intention of giving us the room we wanted. We were eventually moved, and it ended up working out well because Suite Romance is MUCH bigger and nicer than Suite Memories, with direct access to the hot tub!

The place was pretty and it was quiet, but I could not believe that we were treated like second class citizens. The owner had NO IDEA how much we paid for the package, yet she treated us like budget guests. The staff we dealt with were very unprofessional, greeting us in night gowns in the evening, playing Wii every time we came in to the main house for something, and watching TV loudly during our "romantic" breakfast. When we left, I left the gift certificate in the room, even though it was undated and had not been collected upon check in. I did this because, even for free, we did not want to go back (though I did consider using it again another time to compensate for our trouble).

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Ocoee, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

My time at the Palmer House was wonderful. My husband and I stayed in "Suite Romance." The suite was large and beautifully decorated. It was clean and smelled great. It felt like home, only better. The bed was very soft. The claw foot tub was charming. The innkeepers, Bob and Gail Palmer were friendly and attentive. Gail made amazing breakfasts and served them with a smile. Gail was ready with suggestions for fun activities. The Palmer House is perfect for relaxation. I know my blood pressure went down. :)

• Liked — The bed was very comfortable.
  • Disliked — Heard my upstairs neighbors walking around.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Palmer House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!