“Trip advisor comes thru again with this clean affordable safe place.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North

Save Saved
You added Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North to your Saves list
Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11714 Morris Bridge Road, Tampa, FL 33617 (Formerly Shoney's Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #43 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Saskatoon,SK Canada
“Trip advisor comes thru again with this clean affordable safe place.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

Its everything the reviews claim it to be. Its just off a busy street but no noise. The rooms were re-furbished a few years ago except the cable was a bit fuzzy and the TV in our room totally sucked and needed to be replaced. The pool was ice cold. The bath room had old fixtures but was servicable. Thats the only bad stuff I could find to fault it.

It was located about 10 min away from the fair grounds and 10 min from busch gardens amusement park. There is an IHOP in the parking lot. Free wifi. The breakfast included DIY fresh waffles, and the usual continental stuff. It was better than average. There were only seats inside for 4 tables but outside there were several more on the sunny side of the building.

The big bonus for me was the beds. They were the best I had on out two week budget motel tour of Fl. Very comfy and linnens were great. This is what you go to a motel for and this one hit a home run in this dept.

The room was clean. So clean in fact that they had shampooed the carpet sometime during the day. The heavy airfreshener they used was still prevalent in the room. Carpet was still a bit damp and red dye from carpet transferred into my white sox, but I'd rather know they care about making it tip top clean than have a ratty rug that turns them black. You could smell the clean in this place and my sox laundered up just fine.

Staff and Mgt really care about this place and it shows. I just wish they could find it in themselves to crank the heat up 10 degrees in the pool.

I paid $59.99 + tax. I got what I paid for. Nothing more, nothing less. I would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
TampaDhanu, Owner at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, March 30, 2011
All my colleagues at the Hotel join me to thank you for the feed back. If I know the room number, I would certainly attend to TV to make sure the next guest do not have to go through what you had to. I apologize for the inconvenience. We did change the carpet in many rooms on the first floor. Second floor is next. After 4 years of wait the business has been little better for last 30-40 days & if this trend continues, the raising of pool temparature will be definitely on the cards. Our pool is certainly really beautiful & you & your family will be able to enjoy in the coming season. In fact, I see for last 10 days, lot guests enjoying the pool. We look forward to yur next trip to our facility soon.

336 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Sebring, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

We were so glad we checked out Tripadvisor and found this Ramada!! Calling direct to hotel is the way to go, they'll work with you on price as well as any online sites. Be sure to say hello to Archie so he can treat you like a rock star!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
All my colleagues at the Hotel join me to thank you for the feed back. I want to admit, & I am proud of it, I am very blessed with all my colleagues who are geared up to make every guest's stay enjoyable. Every one has their own unique style but the goal is same; to make every guest come back to stay with us. Feed back from you & many other guests is very rewarding & let me tell you, Archie was very delighted to read your feed back. We look forward for many more visits from you to Tampa & to us.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

Had a great stay for 9 nights. Needed handicap accessible room, which Orbitz did not specify. They changed the room and gave us a fold up bed free of charge. Handicap bathroom and shower was especially nice. Staff very accommodating. 94 year old father, 12 year old son, and me.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
All my colleagues at the Hotel join me to thank you for the feed back. I am in business to make money. But many a times I hear to my heart to do something that brings more help & joy to others. Simultaneously, I do cost benefit analysis to see that my loss of revenue is less significant than the benefit that facility brings to the guest, then that's a win win situation. I certainly look forward for your next trip to our facility & request you to book directly with the Hotel; the toll free number being 866 780 6100.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

The rooms in this hotel are one of the cleanest I've ever seen and smelled. As soon as I open the door to the room, I'm hit with the familiar aroma distinctive to this hotel. It's location is also superb. It is conveniently located right off the I-75 exit and has an IHOP on it's property. It's forest-like setting adds to the coziness of this small hotel.

• Stayed January 2011
I want to use this medium to let all my colleagues at the Hotel know, how much proud I am to have them in Ramada, Tampa team. Each one of them has something to offer for the common good of the Hotel. They make the difference. I am really blessed. All the great reviews received from the guests are for their hard work. I am going to share yours' & other guests' feed back to let them know that they are certainly doing a wonderful job. And yes, we want to be your Hotel of choice in Tampa.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

I just finished a 2-week stay at the Ramada located on the lovely Hillsborough River. I come to Tampa for 2 weeks every winter and would stay nowhere else but here. The rooms are large and beautifully appointed and contain refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. The room rate includes a continental breakfast complete with the local newspaper an USA Today. There's also a fitness room that I use to work off the breakfasts. To top it off, the staff are unfailingly warm and helpful, and it has become for me a home away from home. I'm already looking forward to next year.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
gwendysuethurman, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
Thank you for choosing the Ramada Tampa, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forwad to serving you again in the future. Thank you for your comments.
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

I was looking for a hotel near Busch Gardens ans saw in the reviews that many were bad. This was an excellent hotel. Beds are very comfortable, with a bunch of pillows. Room was in the back and very quiet. Felt like a safe area. The breakfast is excellent--unlimited OJ, bagels, etc. Great value. Convenient to the freeway.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
All my colleagues join me to thank you for the feed back. Though very close to Interstate I-75, we are very much away from the main road traffic in a country like peaceful surroundings with IHOP 24/7 next door. The renovation is constant at Ramada taking place in different phases. We certainly look forward to your frequent future visits to Tampa & us.
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

Thanks to Tripadvisor, I found this great value for money hotel in Tampa. Friendly, helpful staff, free continental breakfast, free wireless internet, great clean room, plenty of parking space available, swimming pool, and close to Tampa University where I needed to be.

No own restaurant, but an IHOP on site, so you won't even have to travel if you need a bite to eat.

Really, there weren't any downsides to my stay, so I will happily come here again!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Tripadvisor like J. D. Power & associates are a great trustworthy source of information for educated Travellers who decide their Hotel booking based on the guest satisfaction ratings. My guests like you have kept me in business by their candid reviews. All my colleagues at Ramada join me to thank you for the feed back. We will look forward for your next trip to Tampa & us soon.

Been to Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North? Share your experiences!