“great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North

You added Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North to your Saves list
Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11714 Morris Bridge Road, Tampa, FL 33617 (Formerly Shoney's Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #42 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
OCALA
“great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

Very pleasant and helpful front desk staff.
We are in Tampa for trips to Moffitt cancer center, which is only 5 miles away, works out well.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
TampaDhanu, Owner at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, April 2, 2011
Dear Guest,
Sorry for the belated response. All my colleagues join me to thank you for the feed back. We apppreciate your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Fort Myers, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

I'm puzzled by all the glowing reviews of this hotel. I wonder if they were written by the staff or owners. There are positive aspects of this hotel: location, friendly staff, comfy beds, clean bathrooms, and nice breakfast selection. But the lack of adequate cleaning ruined it for me. The carpet was gross, my fiance spilled water on the floor and soaked it up with a towel, the towel was black! Also there were cobwebs in the corners and dust bunnies hanging from the ceiling above the bed. Despite the comfy bed, the dirt and dust ruined my sleep. There is a serious shortage of safe, clean hotels near Busch Gardens. While this one felt safe, it could be cleaner.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I am sorry to respond late. Appropriate steps are being taken to take care of cleaning aspect. Carpets were replaced in 35 rooms on the first floor. We are going replace 35-40 on the second floor soon. Your feed back is very important to us & all my colleagues join me to thank you for the feed back. Once again apologize for not so pleasant stay & hopefully you will have better experience with us at your next stay.
Altoona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

This is really in temple terrace, fl. its 3 min away from busch gardens and 5 min from USF campus. went to be close to where my son lives in tampa-10 min away.
Hotel staff very friendly. Ihop right in the parking lot. many stores and eateries close by. all within 20 min. beds are comfortable, tv channels are great. they dont clean every day , give you more towels, remove the dirty ones-they want you to hang up the used towels so you reuse them. that part I didnt like especially when its in the high 80's. So if you could put up with that then its a nice hotel to stay. Breakfast was waffles you make, donuts, danish, bagels, bread, 3 types of cold cereal, coffee and juice.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Sorry for delay in repsonding to your feed back. First of all I thank you for choosing our facility for your lodging needs. All my colleagues join me to thank you for the feed back. About the towel may be some one new in the housekeeping department gave a wrong version of going green. I do not want any guest to compromise & feel uncomfortable during their stay. I want every guest to give me repeat business from them, their friends & family. I am glad for your feed back & will make sure any signs or suggestion from the Hotel to that regard is not forth coming to any guest.
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

First, I'll say what's on everyone's mind right now...no problems with bed bugs! I have been overcome with bed bug fear recently (I'm from Philadelphia where bed bug infestations are becoming a problem) and thoroughly checked my room before bringing in my stuff (behind headboards, mattresses, sheets, pillows, desk chairs, base boards, etc) and did not find any evidence of bed bugs. This hotel pretty much exceeded my expectations for the price that I paid. I chose this hotel in the USF area due to all the positive reviews on Trip Advisor and I was not disappointed. The internet service was patchy but works if you have patience. The cards to enter my room were stubborn at times. It became annoying to swipe your card at least 5 times before it worked to enter your room. I had the front desk clerk give me new cards and continued to have the same problem. Other people around me did not seem to have a similar problem so it may have been a fluke with my room. Other than these few negatives, my experience was exceedingly positive. The room was very clean and updated. Staff was friendly, breakfast was good. There was a nice pool but I did not have a chance to utilize it. Water pressure in the shower was wonderful, I wish I was so lucky in my own house. Coffee maker and hair dryer in the room. Beds were comfortable with lots of pillows and comfy blankets. TV had about 100 channels including HBO which is very nice for a "budget" hotel. VERY quiet considering close proximity to highway. Overall, best deal I've found yet in the area, I'm disappointed that I did not know about this hotel last time I was in Tampa and I will be sure to stay here again next time I visit.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
I apologize for the delayed response. All my collegues join me to thank you for the feed back. We have a reputable company taking care of pest control. Your thourough examination of the room & resultant certificate goes a long way to give me little relief. But I am never going to be complacent about this new fear. About the key, I apologize. Many a times humidity holds little dirt on the reader of the lock & give difficulty in opening the door. Right now monthly cleaning of the lock is in place. We will be guided by the experience & change the frequency, as needed.
Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

We stayed at the ramada Inn on Fowler Avenue because it was close to busch gardens and we were very pleased with our choice of hotel. The rooms were very clean , the beds were very comfortable. The hotel staff were the most friendliest and helpful staff we have ever encountered at any hotel we've stayed in the past 4 years. The free breakfast was very good with lots of different food to choose from. I recommend anyone headed for Busch Gardens - Tampa, definitely stay here

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our facility for your lodging needs. I apologize for repsonding late. All my colleagues at the hotel are delighted to read your review & thank you for the same. By grace of God, I am blessed with good colleagues all around; at Front Desk, in Housekeeping & Maintenance. Running the show to the satisfaction of most guests is possible because of their determination & hard work.
Dunnellon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

Hotel was in an excellent location to tampa airport and tropicana field our two destinations. Rooms were good size and clean.one of the best night sleep I have had in a hotel. the king size pillows were fantastic wish I could purchase some. Internet access
was slow. but that is not the main reason I chose a hotel. over all my stay was quite comfortable. and priced right . Next time I'm in tampa I will stay there again

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our facility. All my colleagues join me to thank you for the feed back. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. About the pillow, we normally do not sell. But if any time any guest requested us, the rate would be $25.00 plus tax @7%. I had couple of guest bought from us in the past. About the internet, that concern is put to rest for last 4 months now. We put 4 more antennas & replaced with more receptive equipment. Even in this busy season, we hardly have any issues. We really look forward to your next trip to Tampa & to our facility. Once again thank you for the feed back.
Cape Coral
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

This was my first stay here at the RAMADA INN at Morris Bridge, Tampa, Fl. The hotel is very clean all around, their lobby, and the rooms. The rooms are adorable, it has the things you need and the way the room is decorated simple with good ideas. My friends room were a little bigger with a small sofa which is good for a couple. I enjoyed my stay that I decided to stay one more day. The staff are wonderful and very informative, friendly and helpful. The five people that made my stay comfortable and well taken care of were: Archie, Haydee, Dan Amlani and the two maintenance men. Say "Hi" , when you see them. My two day stay, each person would talked to me (which was short because I knew they were busy), smiled, joked around, waved at me or just said "Hello" when we passed by and they kept busy fixing, maintaining, supplying and taking care of the hotel. The hotel is close to the highway but you do not notice or hear the noise at all. I highly reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your business & I apologize for my delayed response. All my colleagues including Archie, Haydee (recently moved to Texas) & the maintenance staff join me to thank you for the feed back. We will continue to expect your visit to the Hotel whenever you are in Tampa.

Been to Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North? Share your experiences!