“It's clean, comfortable, and safe” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North

You added Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North to your Saves list
Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11714 Morris Bridge Road, Tampa, FL 33617 (Formerly Shoney's Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #48 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gainesville, Florida
“It's clean, comfortable, and safe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

I'd go there again in a minute. Negative online reviews of other hotels in the area had me really concerned, but I decided to trust the many positive reviews for the Ramada for me, my wife, and three year old. Staff was courteous and efficient. The room was sparkling clean, with none of the weird smell funk covered with spray that seems to haunt many hotels. The bed, with comforter encased in top and bottom sheet was fresh and luxuriant. While the lobby is small, dated, and plain (doubling as the breakfast area--though there is attractive outside seating as well in a little courtyard), it was serviceable, efficient, and well kept. The breakfast had the standard two waffle machines, and a nice assortment of bagels, croissants, yogurts, juice, good coffee, and other items, all nicely presented and fresh. My daughter wanted to swim before we went to Busch Gardens, and we were a bit disappointed when we realized the pool is closed until 9 am, but promptly at 2 minutes before 9, a nice young staffer came along and unlocked the pool and checked the area.

For a budget rate, this is a great hotel. Not swanky, but in terms of good management, it puts other hotels in its class to shame and provides a really nice experience. And the location is kind of cool too. Though it's near 75 and East Fowler, it's buffered by a nice service road and large mature trees. I didn't look around much beyond the IHOP next door, but my wife took a walk and reported a nice apartment complex next door with attractive ponds--even if they're only retention ponds.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
TampaDhanu, Owner at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, March 30, 2011
I am sorry to reaching out to the guests who gave rave reviews about Ramada Inn, Tampa. All my colleagues at the Hotel join me to thank you for the feed back. It's the feed back like this keeps all of us at Ramada geared to continue to perform well & we love it too. We recently started installing safes in the room. Carpets in about 40 rooms on the second floor is likely to be changed in May-June, 2011. Simultaneously, we are working on getting serta beds for the remaining 25-30 rooms. Next will be pull out couch in all the king bed rooms. With help of reviews from the guests we are proud to be in the first 10 of the 159 Hotels operating in Tampa Bay Area & we will strive to improve up on our standing. We want to be the Hotel of choice in Tampa for all the guests who visited us the first & only time. Your review will help us put in that path further.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
North Port, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

My family and I have been staying at this hotel for years, when we make trips to Busch Gardens and Adventure Island. The rooms are great, the staff are wonderful and it is close to so many things. The hotel is only about 5miles from Busch gardens and Adventure Island. What I love the best is the fact that it is right off the exit and not to far from Starbucks! I would highly recommend staying at this hotel!

Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

We have stayed at the Ramada before but they have come along way. The rooms have been remodeled and are very nice and clean. The staff was very freindly and helped with all our needs. The free breakfast was very good and well organized a great treat before our visit to Busch Gardens. I will be staying there again soon.

Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

On Planning our trip to Busch Gardens, we had many options to choose from with great reviews, but my son had recently traveled to Tenn and had stayed at the Ramada Inn there, when I mentioned to him, I had chosen a different hotel to stay in while in Tampa he highly recommend Ramada. We booked it! loved it! We were traveling with a 7 yr and 2 teenagers who were all quite happy with the accomodations: rooms were very clean, pleasant smelling
and the staff was quite friendly they offered free breakfast, but they had a Ihop in the porperty and well the children preferred Ihop. Will Stay there on our next visit! Recommend to all. Internet connection was good too.

Willemstad, Curacao
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

This hotel is very close to Bush Garden. The hotel is clean and the complimentary breakfast o.k. Would definitely recommend to stay. We had a great time in Tampa and Busch Garden

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
gwendysuethurman, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, July 26, 2010
Dear Valued Guest:

On behalf of the Ramada Tampa North, We would like to thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I want you to know that we take these reviews very seriously because ultimately, we understand that it is guest like you that keep us striving to do our very best by providing a friendly and helpful staff and clean rooms. Should you return to the area again, you can enjoy such local area attraction as Busch Gardens or MOSI both in close proximity to our hotel. Again Thank You for staying with us at Ramada Tampa North.
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

Actually we stayed at the Ramada Inn in Temple Terrace. That was not an option that we could choose. The pool was large and clean. The area was clean and well taken care of. The room smelled fresh. The staff was kind and friendly. When we expressed a need to the staff the manager was there to assist us immediately. The advertised price was what we paid. The free continental breakfast was a hit with my sons. My son is a student at University of South Florida. I'll be making many trips to Tampa over the next four years and I've found my home away from home

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Casselberry, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

I am so extremely impressed at how nice, clean, staff very friendly and efficient and a great free breakfast! I would reccommend this to everyone. I will most definitely stay there again. It is conveniently off the highway and was very impressed with the grounds. was quiet and so pleasant . Can not say enough good things about the place. Very good quality all the way around without the regular BIG price tag!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North? Share your experiences!