“Perfect for our trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North

Save Saved
You added Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North to your Saves list
Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11714 Morris Bridge Road, Tampa, FL 33617 (Formerly Shoney's Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #41 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Orlando, FL
“Perfect for our trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

This hotel was perfect for our trip! Only ten minutes from Busch Gardens. For a budget hotel, this Ramada did a five-star job of attention to detail. The towels were fluffy and clean, the continental breakfast was well maintained and had plenty of options, and the pool was clean and inviting. Yes, I did notice rusty hinges and peeling paint, but the stuff that mattered to us, like a sparkling clean tub and clean sheets and carpeting was all top notch! We will definitely be back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was right by the pool and was still quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
allan0115, General Manager at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for Writing a Review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. The entire staff was very pleased to read that you stay was Very Satisfactory. As General Manager, I take pride on the team which provides Excellent Customer Service and High Levels of Quality.

We are also in the process of minor touch ups in the rooms as you mentioned regarding your room, some rusty hinges, paint issues. This is now part of our Preventive Maintenance Program.

If you are in the Busch Gardens area again in the near future we would look forward for your next visit with us.

Allan Keller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Pueblo West, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Had a very nice stay at this motel. We do not typically stay at 2* motels, but stayed here based on the tripadvisor reviews, and it's location. We were visiting the USF campus, and it is only about 3 miles from there. It is an older motel, but very clean and well-maintained. 2 story brick, outside entrances, large glass front window. Very comfortable beds...better than any other 2* hotel that we have stayed at. Typical continental breakfast with a waffle maker. Small area for breakfast seating, but there is a nice outdoor patio adjoining it. Breakfast ended at 10 and checkout was at 12. Nice outdoor pool area. IHOP restaurant next door. Only negative was that the Wi-Fi connection was very poor. Couldn't keep a connection for more than 10 minutes without resetting it. The office was unable to do anything about it. They said that the connection was fine in the office and that they typically do not get complaints about the Wi-Fi. Our room #104 was very near the office. Great place to stay if you do not require internet.

Room Tip: This is a 2 story motel without an elevator.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
allan0115, General Manager at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking time to complete a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Ramada Hotel Temple Terrace. The entire Staff is pleased to hear that your stay was Very Good and I do apologize for the internet issues you encountered. That is something we have been working on to upgrade the internet.

We hope that you revisit our hotel in the future and have better results for the internet.

Milton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Convenient location. Comfortable beds. Minimal breakfast, IHOP shares parking lot. Pool clean, but cold. Typical motel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

allan0115, General Manager at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear Yolanda,

Thank you for completing a review on Trip Advisor regarding your most recent stay with us. I am glad you hear that your stay was enjoyable with the exception of the A/C issue and the Roach you saw in the room. We have recently purchased some new air conditioners and will be replacing the units not working properly. I apologize about your room not being fixed before you checked in. Also, we have contacted our Exterminator Ecolab regarding the insects in the room. Not to make any excuses but this season has been an issue for many establishments for insects and I hope it ends soon.

If you have any suggestions or comments please email me at allan@ramadatampa.com or call me at 813-985-8525.

Senoia, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

The motel was booked by my employer and let me say I was NOT happy about it. I don't like motels, and if I was paying I would have gladly spent the extra money to stay in a real hotel. That being said....as far as motels go, this Ramada is very well kept.

The rooms are very clean, and exactly what you'd expect in a motel. The bed was uncomfortable - I'm not sure what the problem was, but it had no "give". I think it had passed its prime. But it was clean, with lots and lots of pillows (I, thankfully, brought my own from home, so I can't comment on the comfort level). The couch in the room was also clean, but very uncomfortable to sit on - very saggy. The bathroom facilities were adequate, the shower was great - nice water pressure and great shower head. Fridge and microwave were appreciated.

The pool area is probably the nicest feature. It was very clean and well kept.

Breakfast is included and is your typical fare...cereal, milk, waffles, fruit. Seemed nice. There is a patio area off the main lobby, also nice. The fitness room, oddly enough, smelled like cigarettes - not sure how many fitness buffs smoke while working out, but apparently someone does.

The cleaning and maintenance staff were always out and about cleaning and maintaining - I actually saw the maintenance guy taking apart outdoor lights to clean inside of them... big thumbs up.

So, while I don't like motels, I guess as far as motels go this would be a good one. If you like motels, I'd say book it.

Room Tip: The east side of the motel faces a quiet apartment complex, while the west side faces an iHop and th...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
allan0115, General Manager at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our facility. I understand that you would prefer more of a hotel rather than a motel. I am glad that your overall stay was satisfactory. The entire staff strives to maintain Excellent Customer Service while Maintaining the highest level of quality. We have made many improvements over the last few years knowing that this motel is an older property. I am glad you did take the time to write a lengthy review which gives us a chance to address other issues.

If you do have any questions or suggestions please feel to contact me directly by email at allan@ramadatampa.com.

Allan Keller

Been to Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North? Share your experiences!