“Overall Good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North

Save Saved
You added Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North to your Saves list
Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11714 Morris Bridge Road, Tampa, FL 33617 (Formerly Shoney's Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #42 of 159 hotels in Tampa

328 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Northampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This hotel (motel) was excellent value with courteous, friendly staff.

The rooms were typical motel rooms and were clean, modern and well maintained with flat screen TV.

Breakfast was included and got the day off to a good start. Wifi was only available in reception.

Apart from an IHOP on site, you would need to drive to a restaurant or bar.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
TampaDhanu, Owner at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Ramada Inn, Tampa North for your lodging needs. All my colleagues join me to thank you for the review. I am blessed with a team of colleagues wherein each one is determined to make sure every guest had a good stay. Generous reviews from most guests proves a shot in the arm & keeps us going with more enthusiasm to carry out our mission. Once again, thank you for your business as also the review & we look forward to your future visits to Tampa & to us with family & friends.
Davenport, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This location is finishing up a re-hab, the "new" rooms are beautiful! (I know not all rooms are done yet, they're waiting for more mattresses and TV's, but all the rooms we saw walking around were re-done and beautiful). Large LG flat-screen TV's, the bedding was lovely, everything was clean and well-maintained. LOVE the new linens, like sleeping on a cloud due to a wonderful mattress pad, if bed seems too soft for your taste that could probably be removed but we thought they were amazing. Three big fluffy pillows on each bed,the new comforters are really soft and the perfect weight, lots of towels, (think we had 4 bath, 5 hand and 4 washcloths when we arrived and there were only 2 of us). AC maintained perfect temp. for us (which is a miracle, I'm usually adjusting 20 times a day in a hotel.) Even the toiletries were really nice, their scent is "Sugared Citrus" and it was heavenly. Small bathroom but clean, beautiful marble slab floor with matching sink outside it, new adjustable spray showerheads. Room had 4cup coffee maker, microwave, fridge, blow dryer, iron & board and small digital safe. The plug strips were also helpful in these days of traveling with so many electronics, had one between beds and one by fridge/dresser. Only complaint (if I were to call it one) is the fridge was so small front to back couldn't even fit med. container w/leftovers into it (had cooler so didn't matter much to us) and only way to fit 2liter bottle was to lay it down on bottom. Nice breakfast, way beyond "continental" - muffins, danish, bagels, make-yourself Belgium waffles, cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruits, coffee, juices and a nice little patio to eat outside if you want. The staff was very friendly, quick to replenish breakfast bar or address any questions or concerns (esp. Archie). The pool deck is beautiful too, grass and shrubs in the corners, really well lit at night. Didn't go in 'cause water still too chilly, but will say it was crystal clean and still nice to just sit by Hotel's off by itself except for IHOP next door so pretty peaceful, but every restaurant you could imagine is short drive up the road to the right. Really pleasant stay. Very convenient to Fair grounds, Busch Gardens or Hard Rock Casino, 10 minutes from any of them.

Room Tip: We stayed in 155, everything along that side was definitely rehabbed already
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
TampaDhanu, Owner at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Ramada Inn, Tampa North for your lodging needs. All my colleagues join me to thank you for your very generous review. Each person at the Ramada is geared to msake sure every guest had a pleasant stay & they continue to patronize our facility every time they are in Tampa. You have described our facility at such a length bringing out all the pluses & of course Fridge size, if I had tried I would have missed something. It is indeed heartening to note that our guests give attention to detail & help us improve, where needed. I am very grateful for your review & look forward to your future visits with friends & family.
Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We had this hotel booked and guarenteed reserved with our credit card on Feb 2nd as we would be coming in on a flight after 6pm. However our flight was delayed and we arrived at the Inn at 10pm and they had given our room away! Not familiar with the area and headed on a cruise ship the next day we really didn't want to have to look for another hotel at this time of the night. The help at the desk was more concerned with chit chatting with each other then helping us. And flipintly told me, well it's a first come first serve basis! Interesting that my confirmation on the room didn't say that! They did get us a different room however it was a smoking room and was horrible! Besides being so smokey you couldn't stand it. The bed smelled like dirty socks. I was shocked at how dirty the room was! The bathroom floor was beyond discusting! I don't think that any corners in that room had been cleaned for months probably years! We are a midwest couple and not super picky other than I am allergic to smoke. We checked out ASAP the next morning. My advice is look for somewhere else to stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Ramada Inn, Tampa North for your lodging needs. First of all, I am sorry for the experience you have had at the check in. I have started probing the matter further. But I request your help. What was the date of your check in & what room you finally got instead of the one you would have liked. From the review I see the room was booked on February 2nd 2013.
The above information if you share with me will help me decide the person/s working that evening for the night shift. As a rule, we have only one person per shift. May be they were going through the shift change. Nonetheless, it does not justify chit chating when guest is waiting to be checked in. Once again, while I thank you for your business, I apologize for the inconvenience. My email address is dan@ramadatampa.com if you feel like conveying the information to me.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Like most of the other reviewers here, I thought that my recent stay at the Ramada Inn Tampa was very satisfactory.

There are plenty of things I liked about this motor lodge. It was fairly clean and the room was well-appointed for an inexpensive place. Although it is located just off an interstate exit and very accessible, it was nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood in a grove of oak trees. That was very enjoyable.

Having said all of that, this is definitely a two star property. It is of an older design and has exterior corridors and relatively small rooms (although plenty big enough for me).

Truckers were another small issue. I stayed two nights and was annoyed by idling semi trucks in the parking lot adjacent to my room from time to time during both evenings. The hotel management should encourage truckers to park away from the hotel buildings out of consideration for other hotel guests. Again, this was just a problem for parts of the evenings I stayed there--not an all night long sort of thing.

It seems that many people judge an inexpensive hotel on the quality its free breakfast these days. I find this gimmicky and a curious standard to judge by-- but as long as we are on that subject, I must say that I was not impressed with the breakfast. The breakfast area is small (three tables in the office) and I did not find the breakfast selections to be on par with a Holiday Inn Express or a Hampton Inn. Plain bagels, fruit, toast, and a waffle iron are really not that big of a deal.

Still, for the rate I paid in Florida's high tourist season ($67 per night), I saved $50-$60 per night when compared to those other hotel brands. That buys a lot of palatial breakfasts at the IHOP next door to the Ramada!

They did have a very nice pool area, but the pool needed skimming during the time that I stayed there (there were a good number of leaves at the bottom of the pool). In all fairness, the pool is out in the open and close by to many oak trees--lovely setting, but inherently hard to maintain.

On the issue of the staff, others here have raved about how nice they are. My interactions with them were just OK. Civil and professional, but not the most friendly I've ever encountered in a hotel.The wireless internet was free, but I had trouble with it since the connection speeds in my building of the hotel weren't the greatest.

Others have mentioned chain restaurants nearby, but there are also some good independent ones, like Bangkok Jazz (Thai), Cafe Don Jose (Spanish and Cuban), and Antonio's Pasta Grille (Italian). All are worth a look, depending on your price range.

Would I stay at the Ramada Inn Tampa again? Absolutely. I look forward to staying here again and will expect a clean room, clean shower, comfortable mattress,in-room refrigerator and microwave, and an excellent nightly rate. The negatives are generally few and worth putting up with.

Overall, the Ramada Inn Tampa is a great value.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back of the hotel or near the pool for the most pleasant setting.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing Ramada Inn, Tampa North for your lodging needs. All guests who were kind to write reviews have done a favor to me by encouraging other guests to stay & affording us an opportunity to correct ourselves where needed. Your review too will help us get some more business & of course more reviews. I am counting on your future business too with friends & family. Once again thank you for your business as also the review.

Been to Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North? Share your experiences!