“Pleasant and Clean Roadside Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North

Save Saved
You added Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North to your Saves list
Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11714 Morris Bridge Road, Tampa, FL 33617 (Formerly Shoney's Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #43 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Atlanta, Georgia
“Pleasant and Clean Roadside Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Like most of the other reviewers here, I thought that my recent stay at the Ramada Inn Tampa was very satisfactory.

There are plenty of things I liked about this motor lodge. It was fairly clean and the room was well-appointed for an inexpensive place. Although it is located just off an interstate exit and very accessible, it was nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood in a grove of oak trees. That was very enjoyable.

Having said all of that, this is definitely a two star property. It is of an older design and has exterior corridors and relatively small rooms (although plenty big enough for me).

Truckers were another small issue. I stayed two nights and was annoyed by idling semi trucks in the parking lot adjacent to my room from time to time during both evenings. The hotel management should encourage truckers to park away from the hotel buildings out of consideration for other hotel guests. Again, this was just a problem for parts of the evenings I stayed there--not an all night long sort of thing.

It seems that many people judge an inexpensive hotel on the quality its free breakfast these days. I find this gimmicky and a curious standard to judge by-- but as long as we are on that subject, I must say that I was not impressed with the breakfast. The breakfast area is small (three tables in the office) and I did not find the breakfast selections to be on par with a Holiday Inn Express or a Hampton Inn. Plain bagels, fruit, toast, and a waffle iron are really not that big of a deal.

Still, for the rate I paid in Florida's high tourist season ($67 per night), I saved $50-$60 per night when compared to those other hotel brands. That buys a lot of palatial breakfasts at the IHOP next door to the Ramada!

They did have a very nice pool area, but the pool needed skimming during the time that I stayed there (there were a good number of leaves at the bottom of the pool). In all fairness, the pool is out in the open and close by to many oak trees--lovely setting, but inherently hard to maintain.

On the issue of the staff, others here have raved about how nice they are. My interactions with them were just OK. Civil and professional, but not the most friendly I've ever encountered in a hotel.The wireless internet was free, but I had trouble with it since the connection speeds in my building of the hotel weren't the greatest.

Others have mentioned chain restaurants nearby, but there are also some good independent ones, like Bangkok Jazz (Thai), Cafe Don Jose (Spanish and Cuban), and Antonio's Pasta Grille (Italian). All are worth a look, depending on your price range.

Would I stay at the Ramada Inn Tampa again? Absolutely. I look forward to staying here again and will expect a clean room, clean shower, comfortable mattress,in-room refrigerator and microwave, and an excellent nightly rate. The negatives are generally few and worth putting up with.

Overall, the Ramada Inn Tampa is a great value.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back of the hotel or near the pool for the most pleasant setting.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
TampaDhanu, Owner at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing Ramada Inn, Tampa North for your lodging needs. All guests who were kind to write reviews have done a favor to me by encouraging other guests to stay & affording us an opportunity to correct ourselves where needed. Your review too will help us get some more business & of course more reviews. I am counting on your future business too with friends & family. Once again thank you for your business as also the review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Madison, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was very happy with the Ramada Inn, Tampa. The room was clean, quiet and nicely furnished. The free continental breakfast of coffee, tea, juice, bagels, fruit, toast and freshly baked waffles was very good. The staff was very helpful. The hotel is not quite in the center of things, but no more than 10 minutes from most attractions nonetheless. There is an IHOP pancake house on site across the parking lot, and many major restaurant chains just 5 minutes down the road.

Room Tip: All of the rooms seemed nice to me.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Ramada Inn, Tampa North for your lodging needs. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us & we can look forward to your future trips to Tampa & to us. All my colleagues take pride in their job & hence most guests have really good stay & they tend to visit us with friends & families. Thank you once again for your business & all my colleagues join me to thank you for the review.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and was conveniently located for Busch Gardens and seemed to be in a better area than some other hotels we drove past nearer the theme park. The iHop located in the carpark was convenient if you didn't want to drive to find somewhere to eat. The hotel breakfast had a good selection and the staff worked hard to keep it fully stocked. The pool was nice and the staff friendly. The room was comfortable and clean. I would chose this hotel again.

Room Tip: We had a room near the pool whoch was nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Foreign Guest,
Thank you for choosing Ramada Inn, Tampa North for your lodging needs. We have our share of tourists from different Countries & we are glad to receive their reviews. Reviews keep us abreast of the needs of guests from different parts of the world. Once again thank you for your business asn all my colleagues join me to tahnk you for the feed back.
Middleboro, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I was very impressed with the quality of this hotel for the price we paid. The front desk staff and maintenance people were very friendly and accomodating. The hotel was close to Busch Gardens. I would DEFINITELY stay at this hotel if I go to Tampa again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
TampaDhanu, Owner at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Ramada Inn, Tampa North for your lodging needs. All my colleagues join me to thank you for the feed back. Every team member at the Ramada is determined to provide excellent service to ensure every guest had a comfortable stay. I am glad that you had a good & comfortable stay & that we can count on your future business. Generous reviews from guests like you proves a shot in the arm for the motivation of all of us at Ramada. We will certainly look forward to your future visits to Tampa & to us. Thank you.
WELLINGTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The rooms appear to be have been recently renovated. Very clean and upgraded furnishings. It was a bit small for 4 people but served the purpose for an overnight visit. Definitely will stay again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Ramada Inn, Tampa North for your lodging needs. In Hotel Industry renovation is a perpetual factor; more so when you are a franchisee. This keeps us in line with competition & may many a times give us an edge over others. But it is all worth it, when we get a generous reviews from the guest acknowledging good & comfortable stay. All my colleagues join me to thank you for the review. We will look forward to your future business. Once again, thank you for staying with us as also for the review.

Been to Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North? Share your experiences!