“Best Hotel For A Busch Gardens Visit!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North

You added Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North to your Saves list
Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11714 Morris Bridge Road, Tampa, FL 33617 (Formerly Shoney's Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #41 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Best Hotel For A Busch Gardens Visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

Our family has yearly passes to Busch Gardens and we make several trips throughout the year from the east coast of Fla. to visit Tampa. Rather than drive back the same day we stay here after our park visit. Its extremely close to the Gardens,a 10 minute drive, but away from all the busyness and is nicely nestled in large beautiful Florida live oaks with a really nice residential subdivision along its back property and a horse training field along its side.The whole property is surrounded by a 6 foot red brick wall. Its a clean two story hotel with nice clean rooms,a pleasant and helpful staff, and a nice continental breakfast with a nicely walled outside patio just outside the door. Always a great enjoyable hotel experience that we look forward to!
We have always stayed there,and always will, every time we are in the Tampa area. A great value for sure! Highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
TampaDhanu, Owner at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Dear Guest,
First of all I thank you for choosing our facility for your lodging needs. I am delighted to know that we are your Hotel of choice for the Tampa destination. All my colleagues at the Hotel join me to thank you for the feed back. Reviews from the Guests (we consider as rewards) keep us motivated to continue to do better & with help of the reviews from the guests, we have come a long way in the guest satisfaction survey conducted by a very reputable website like tripadvisor. I am very blessed to have colleagues who are determined to make every guest stay comfortable & enjoyable. Once again thank you for your patronization for our facility.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Newmarket, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

We stayed here on a trip to Busch Gardens with our children and their grandparents.
We booked online in advance and got a discount..

We were greeted with friendly service on arrival and the check-in process was very simple and quick.

The rooms were very clean and well maintained if a little small, we used the pool facility which was kept nice and clean and the complimentary continental breakfast in the morning set us up for another day at the theme parks.
Parking was right outside our rooms

There is a good selection of restaurants nearby and an ihop (international house of pancakes) attached to the hotel.

Overall it's the perfect overnight stay if you are thinking of visiting Busch Gardens which is less than 5 minutes down the road and on the outskirts of the city it's ideal for avoiding the city traffic when you leave.

Room Tip: The back side is the quietest and near the pool
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
TampaDhanu, Owner at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our facility. We will always look forward for your frequent trips to Tampa & to us. All my colleagues at Ramada join me to thank you for the feed back. Ramada's biggest asset is all my colleagues. We all work togather to make every guests' stay comfortable & pleasant. We count on their repeat business besides business from their friends & families. We are determined to be your hotel of choice for Tampa destination. But for the reviews from guests like you, we wouldn't be commanding good ranking on Trip Advisor. Once again, thank you for your business & also the feed back.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

This is an older hotel and some things are starting to show their age, such as the lounge chairs by the pool but if you are looking for a clean, safe, inexpensive place to stay in a quiet location this is it! I stayed there for 6 nights from May 7-12, 2011. Every morning hotel provided complimentary newspapers both Tampa Tribune and USA Today which was a lovely surprise. Complimentary continental breakfast was more than most lodgings. There was fruit, cold or hot cereals, waffles you made yourself, danishes, coffee and tea, apple and orange juices, bagels, bread, muffins. There is complimentary HBO and ESPN and if you left your computer at home, there is a computer with internet access in the lobby. Pool is small but more than sufficient to cool down in and kept really clean. Rooms are dated, but very clean. Hotel itself is in a very quiet location. Although quite close to interstate, never heard the traffic once. Overall I was very happy with my choice. The only negative comment I have to make is I think they should be more dilligent about watching who is around their grounds. I got the feeling that local people would use the rooms as a place to solicit people interested in buying drugs. It wasn't overt but I noticed it. Although no one bothered me and overall I felt safe I think this should be looked into as it could chase people away and that would be a shame because it is such a great value and within 4 miles of Busch Gardens. Also, Publix grocery store is less than 5 miles down the street, University Mall is 10 miles away and every restaurant you can want is also within 5 miles down the street. There is an IHOP right across from the hotel as well. In order to use the phone in your room to make collect calls etc there is a $10 phone fee which they refund to you when you check out. Also had a mini fridge, microwave hair dryer and coffee maker in my room.

Room Tip: Ask for one pool side :)
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
We thank you for choosing our facility for your lodging needs. All my colleagues at Ramada join me to thank you for the feed back. The pool furniture is being restrapped & is half way complete, waiting for some suplies to finish the job. I go over with my colleagues on all aspects of the guests' feed back & discuss measures necessary to correct the situation, where necessary. We want to be your Hotel of choice for the Tampa destination. Once again, I thank you for your business as also the feed back.
Independence, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

The Ramada Inn at which we stayed was very clean, very quiet, very comfortable. What more could a traveler want?. The front desk both morning anf afternoon was extremely helpful.. HIGHLY recommend this motel

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
TampaDhanu, Owner at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Dear Guest,
I thank you for your business. All my colleagues who made your stay comfortable, join me to thank you for the review. We want to be your Hotel of choice for Tampa destination. Reviews from guests like you keeps us motivated to continue to do better. WE make it possible with relentless efforts of all my colleagues. Thank you once again for the business & the review.
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

horrible place from check in to check out!! I have stayed many places around the US & outside of the US & this place is horrific !! Didn't have us listed as even staying there, room key did not work, came back to hotel after a concert to find out someone else had been in our room & had been using our bed, etc. NOT TO MENTION....ALL....of our belongings were gone (purse, wallet, luggage, items in our fridge we brought were also taken). Front desk had NO idea what was going on & no manager was on site. FINALLY they realized they had moved our items into the room next door! Not to mention who ever moved our stuff went through all of it. No apology, owner/manager did not see anything wrong with what they did. Evidently, they had given our room to another person, who didnt want to move, so they moved us without us knowing. Our key still worked for the room they moved us from, and didnt work for the new room. Had to call the cops to make an incident report about who ever went through all of our credit cards. WHAT A MESS!! I would never have written this, believe me, I have better things to do, but that is how upset we were about this 'MOTEL"!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
TampaDhanu, Owner at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, May 7, 2011
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your business. One human error on a very busy day & a sincere effort on the part of every one concerned to avoid more complications can lead to this; I would not have ever imagined. Looks like our enthusiasm to rectify the matter boomranged. We were never happy what happened but feel the matter was dealt with high handedly. We learnt. Hope to see you again.
Palm Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

We were going to Bush Gardens, 3hr drive for us and I found a Gem! Excellent service and we knew we would be checking in late 9pm. She said there was hot coffee if we would like and we did. She asked to give her a call when we got to our room to let her know if everything was fine. We open the door an honestly, it was breath taking! So fresh, water pressure in the shower was great, the beds were so comfortable, room very clean. We wanted to share this with everyone that I learned about this site and had to join. The Breakfast was great. This is a Fantastic place to stay.

Room Tip: We chose the first floor, it was very Quiet!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
TampaDhanu, Owner at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, April 30, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our facility for your lodging needs. All my colleagues at the Hotel join me to thank you for your review/feed back. Every one working at this facility is geared to make every guests' experience great because that's what we are here for & we want their repeat business too. In fact, it is our enadeavor to be the Hotel of choice of all the guest who visited us once. Reviews like yours, you know, keeps us all motivated to continue to do better. Once again thank you for your business as also the feed back.
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

we booked another motel and we were very disappointed. then we went on line and read reviews about this Ramada Inn. We call and the people were very nice. So we booked it. To my surprise the place was very clean and everyone was very friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable and extremely clean. You will not find a better place to stay while in Tampa Florida. It was worth every penny and the price was reasonable. The add bonus was the very nice breakfast that is included in the price.
I would strongly recommend this motel to anyone. It is clean and children friendly. i had
a very pleasent stay. I'll go back very soon.

Room Tip: Just call and they will give you a discount.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
TampaDhanu, Owner at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
Dear Guest,
We appreciate you choosing us for your lodging needs. All my colleagues are delighted to read your review & join me to thank you for the same. It is our endeavor to retain every guests' business after their first stay with us. This leads to referral business through their friends & family besides potential guests who refer to diiferent websites before choosing the Hotel for their stay. We always learn from the reviews & try to do better to make sure we are able to reach out to the needs of the guests. Thank you once again for the business & review.

Been to Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North? Share your experiences!