“Super Nice Quality/Cleanliness for the Price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North

You added Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North to your Saves list
Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11714 Morris Bridge Road, Tampa, FL 33617 (Formerly Shoney's Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #48 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Florida
“Super Nice Quality/Cleanliness for the Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

We have to travel to Tampa multiple times a year and have stayed in several nice motels in the $65 to $95 price range, all within a short distance of one another. We were not fully satisfied with the others and decided to book this Ramada....honestly, primarily because it was in the location we needed but the price was more reasonable than the others.

But after our first visit, we liked it so much that we keep coming back. It is a smaller, 2 story motel with parking near your door, which we prefer to a place with a lobby and elevator (seems like you're always forgetting something in the car!). It is surrounded by beautiful live oak trees with squirrels and birds and while it is just off I-75, you would never know it. There's even a lovely little county park/boat ramp about a block away that's a nice little walk. While it started out as a money-saving option, now we just plain LIKE IT BEST.

The staff is always super-pleasant, the pool area is clean (we haven't been in the pool as it's not warm enough yet, but we like to take the complimentary newspaper out and read by the pool) and pleasant with sun or shade as you prefer. There is an iHop right there so you don't have to even get back in the car to have a full meal if you're tired, and there's a nice little breakfast set-up at the motel if you want something lighter/free.

The best thing is the beds. They are really comfy and are the first motel beds I've ever been in with a nice plump comforter and plenty of cushy-soft pillows. The size of the room is just standard, and the bathroom facilities are nice, but basic. There is a fridge and microwave too.

Between the good price and the nice comfy beds, this is a keeper!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the motel
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
TampaDhanu, Owner at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
Dear Guest,
I thank you for choosing our facility for your lodging needs. All my colleagues at the Hotel are delighted to read your review & join me to thank you for the feed back. We have come a long way with 22 year old building & still within the first 10th of the 159 Hoetels (ahead of many new built & interior corridor facilities) on the Guest satisfaction survey. This is possible only because of my colleagues at the Hotel who work tireless to make this possible & my guests who gives us motivation to continue to do better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Faribault
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

I just came back from a trip for my 40th birthday. We flew into Tampa and were looking for an affordable place to sleep before driving to the Keys. After reading some reviews on TA about other hotels in the $59 price range we picked Ramada. Great choice! The hotel sparkled in its cleanliness, the staff were great, the free breafast was good, overall 5 stars at a 2 star price. I will never stay at any other hotel in Tampa but here.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our facility for your lodging needs. All my colleagues at the Hotel are delighted to read your review & join me to thank you for the feed back. They are the ones who made this possible for me & for the Hotel. We are very happy to be your hotel of choice for Tampa destination.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

Although I booked with Travelocity for a package deal; I called the hotel to check on my reservation. I also asked the manager to make special arrangements. Dan Amlani was eager to accomadate me. He was friendly and courtious and quite funny too! I have stayed at The Ramada Tampa last year with my husband and we are looking forward to going back in 10 days. Service is very important to me and this hotel does not disappoint! THANK YOU DAN : )

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
TampaDhanu, Owner at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, April 15, 2011
Dear Guest,
We appreciate you choosing our facility once again for your lodging needs. We also look forward to your many more future visits to Tampa & to us. At Ramada, you will notice lot of improvements compared to your last visit. I look forward to meeting you both during your stay with us & am confident you will have a comfortable stay with us. I really appreciate your feed back. Guests like you, have put us in the first 10 of the 159 Hotels operating in Tampa Bay Area on this web site.
Palm Bay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

I agree with all of the positive reviews on TripAdvisor for this hotel. I wanted an affordable, safe and clean hotel for a small vacation to Tampa, FL and this fit the bill. The reviews on this hotel are extremely accurate. This was the nicest smelling hotel room I have EVER been in. Hotel rooms world wide can learn from this place. Whatever they use, it is excellent. They actually polish the furniture too and it seems like they regularly clean the carpets. The bathrooms were great and well done. It rained some while we were there so the pool was a little too cold (not heated) for us to use but it was very nice. I highly recommend this hotel. We stayed 2 nights with tax for less than $135.

Room Tip: 2nd FL room overlooking pool
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
TampaDhanu, Owner at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, April 7, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our facility for your lodging needs. All my colleagues join me to thank you for the feed back. We have earned your business & we want to continue to be your hotel of choice in Tampa. I have been blessed with hard working colleagues & my guests reviews which put uswithin first tenth out of 159 Hotels operating in Tampa. Thank you once again for the business & the feed back.
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

We stayed here for one night in March after visiting Tampa for an NHL game. We checked in late (after the regular reception area was closed for the night). An employee, possibly manager seen there was a line up forming at the outside check in window and quickly ushered me inside for check in. He was extremely efficient and friendly at the same time. I had booked this room online the day before on the Ramada website and it was showing only rooms with two double beds but I figured since we were checking in late and leaving early for the price and previous TA ratings, what the heck, I'll book it. I mentioned to the man at reception that I would perfer a King sized bed, within minutes we were taking our suitcases up the stairs to our King Room! The room was a bit dated and there was a lot of noise outside the room, but the service and cleanliness outweighed these two concerns. They offer a good free breakfast...with a make your own waffle station! :) That's always a plus in my books!! Checkout was speedy and just as friendly!

Room Tip: Just ask!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We appreciate for choosing our facility for your lodging needs. All my colleagues join me to thank you for the feed back. In busy season, I do try to come to help the front desk, more particulary at night to take care of the guests standing outside by the window. This eases the burden on the front desk colleague & at the same time cuts waiting time for the guest. Moreocver, I enjoy meeting & interacting with people/guests. Many a times, depending on the availability of certain room types & the demand, we close the inventory to On line travel agents.
We also try to match the rate & are flexible to accommodate change of plans, if conveyed to the Hotel before 4pm. No fees charged. Period.
newjersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

Best feature was a very good value for the area. Room, itself, was average to slightly below average. Room was clean, but reeked of cleaning solution after maid service--had to turn on fan to get the smell out. All the channels on the TV did not work. Artwork had been taken of the wall and not replaced (Room #231). Would recommend, but with reservations

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
TampaDhanu, Owner at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, April 2, 2011
Dear Guest,
I thank you for choosing our facility for your lodging needs. All my colleagues join me to thank you for the feed back. Housekeeping staff has been appropriately advised to go easy on the freshener. Art work is removed to replace metal frame with a more decorative & safer frame. I wish we had a note at the front desk area to inform the guest about this. Now we have. Thank you once again for the feed back. We look forward to your next tripa to us.
Gainesville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

This hotel would be fine except for one thing, even with available non-smoking rooms they told me they will not accomodate priceline customers with that request. If Ramada does bot want to consider non-smokers on a room available basis then they should not be offering their rooms in the system. To be treated loke a 2nd class citizen in this manner negates all other aspects of the stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
TampaDhanu, Owner at Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North, responded to this review, March 30, 2011
Dear Guest,
There were many guests in last 30 days, had the wrong rooms booked through the on line Travel Agents. In a busier season, we manage the remaining inventory after excluding the rooms reserved through us & also the travel agents. When guest book at the Hotel, my colleagues read back to the guest the dates of stay, room type, number of adults, the rate & the cancellation policy. This will help us fix the error, if any, same time. Now the remaining rooms, we commit to other walking guests or guests who are booking the same day with us. Chances are we may not be left with the room that you actually want but the booking was an error. Once you come to stay with us, you are my guest. The source of booking at that point do not much matter. I want repeat business of each & every guest visited us once.

Been to Ramada Temple Terrace/Tampa North? Share your experiences!