“Last Minute--Well Worth It” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 159 hotels in Tampa
“Last Minute--Well Worth It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We got stuck in FL twice due to storms in NY and decided to drive home on a Sunday night because we had no choice. Drove 2 hours from Ft Meyers until the tiredness took over around 1 a.m. Went on the smartphone and picked this hotel thanks to TA. It was modern, clean, very nice. My only gripe is that I booked it with a AAA discount, they never asked for my card, and of course I paid the full rate (didn't check my bill closely until I was in the car). The free breakfast was just ok.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Darlene,

Thanks for your kind review. I am glad that you found us and enjoyed your brief stay. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel with your AAA card on hand, and I will be happy to take care of the rate differential for you.

Wishing you spring weather soon!

374 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed here because of reviews and convenient position to north of Tampa, and very pleased we did so. The hotel is great - spacious clean rooms, well equipped, good location and easy to find. The staff are really friendly and helpful, and we particularly liked all the extra - a drink to take to your room, ice-cream in the lobby. The breakfast was really good, much better than the hot food offerings in similar hotels, tasty and hot. The other offerings are also good - nice muffins, fruit as well as plain breads, etc Strongly recommend - a model of how hotels should be!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Honored Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We love it when we are able to provide a great stay to folks who've travelled all the way "across the pond" to visit Tampa. Thanks also, for your compliments about the free breakfast buffet - I will be sure to share them with the pantry team.

We wish you more happy travels look forward to serving you again on your next trip.

-George Sandona, General Manager
Denver, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express North Tampa is by far the best of the brand. If IHG was looking to build their brand and image around a model this is the location to select. For the last two years, I have traveled to this location and held meetings within the conference areas. I would have groups of 6 through 16, and at no time did I have a complaint or issue. From check in to check out, you will be taken care of with kid gloves. George the GM, offers his personal cell phone number to all guests, and requests calls if there is ever an issue. A true pleasure to work with George and his entire staff. My business travel has ended; however, I will go back for vacations. The team makes you feel like family, so make yourself at home and enjoy!! There is even a putting green!!

Room Tip: Any room is a good choice.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear Matt,

Your compliments and recommendation are sincerely appreciated. It is a pleasure to provide a successful training environment. Our team takes pride making the trainees feel like family.

We will miss your arrivals for business, but will be honored to serve your family for your trips to Florida.

Wishing you success in your new position,
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I booked this hotel because of the reviews on this site and was so glad that I did. It's not the nearest to Busch Gardens but it's an easy journey, close to the Interstate and it's definitely the best!

The levels of service are everything that has been said. In addition the hotel is immaculate and the rooms spacious with comfortable beds.

The breakfast is self serve and fairly basic but when we had a couple of requests, they were dealt with immediately and when my husband was allergic to an item on the menu, we were brought an alternative immediately.

A lot of the facilities are available in other hotels but the difference here is that you don't have to ask for anything - it is all offered or provided.

When we arrived early for check in just to drop off our cases, we were given a room. We were told all about the services on offer, we were given a local map, we were offered complimentary water, drinks and ice cream, we were advised about a discount at the local restaurant and given the WiFi password as a matter of course.

If you need a hotel for holidays or business, stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Practical,

It is always great to hear from travellers who appreciate so many of the unnoticed details in our service and amenities. I am very proud of the team that served you so well.

Thank you very much for finding our hotel and for taking the time to recommend us to others.
We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Wishing you more Happy Travels!

Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Picked this place for a 2 night stay while visiting Bush Gardens and could confirm all the kudos given on TA, the place seems to be new, very clean, I mean really clean with no smells of anything on the room. Very comfortable beds, modern and well maintained bathroom, nice furniture and a 44in TV with plenty of HD channels, including some that usually you don't get for free on other more expensive places. Service was very professional and on point, no complaints. There's lots of restaurant options around, groceries stores, pharmacies, etc...very convenient and only 15 min away from Bush Gardens and 20 min from Tampa downtown. I'd definitely stay there again. I've stayed in other larger and more luxurious HiE overseas, however for US standards this one is on my top list.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear LB,

Thank you so much for the great compliments! I am always glad when the attention we have put in to room design, cleanliness & amenities is noticed by you, our guest.

It is an honor to be compared with your other favorite hotels, and to be your favorite Express in the US!

Our team is happy that we made your grade.

SWFL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Recommend this specific hotel to others. It is conviently located just off I-75 yet not close enough to hear traffic. We were greater at front desk with a smile and were offered a beverage (beer or water) and was told about the 8pm-10pm free ice cream and breakfast hours in the morning. Our room felt a tad musty when we arrived however once the air began it was perfectly fine. Room was very clean and bed was extremely comfortable. We had a partial view of the pool in room #427, King Size bed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cait,

Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travellers. We work hard to be the best at serving teams, and I am glad it shows. I invite you to return with the kids for a Busch Gardens weekend sometime soon. We have great package offers!

I hope the team is having a winning season and will be with us again for the next tournament.

Happy Travels!

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We, a group of 50 individuals, were housed, rented meeting room space, and got catering from this wonderful hotel. The staff was great and helpful, they catered to the groups needs, etc. I truly recommend speeding time here, not only do they have great accommodations (i.e. the rooms, shuttles available, meeting space, food) but the staff is wonderful and ready to help. Our group often has large meeting all over the nation and thus far this has been one of the best experiences.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Nadia,

Thank you for pointing out all the great things about our Meetings & Events services. Our hard-working team often gets overlooked for the great service they provide to meeting professionals and organizations.

I am glad that we had to opprtunity to impress your group and invite you to come back for another meeting, or for some rest & relaxation.

Thanks again for staying, and meeting, with us!

Kind Regards,
George Sandona, General Manager

Address: 8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
#1 Family Hotel in Tampa
#2 Romantic Hotel in Tampa
#18 Business Hotel in Tampa
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites New Tampa i-75 Bruce b. Downs
Holiday Inn Express Tampa
Holiday Inn Tampa

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.