“Pleasant experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #2 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Clifton, New Jersey
“Pleasant experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife, daughter and I stayed at this Holiday Inn on I-75 on August 16-18, 2013.
The atmosphere was enjoyable, the front desk clerk was accommodating and the complimentary
buffet breakfast was very delightful and offered a varied assortment of items each day and the entire stay at this hotel was comfortable.

This was a leisure trip to visit my son who works in Tampa and definitely worth the trip.
Yes, I would stay at this Holiday Inn again.

Room Tip: the rear of the hotel was more quiet and away from traffic
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear TG,

We enjoyed having you stay, and it will be an honor to serve your family again!

Wishing you Happy & Safe travels,

383 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Larbert, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This hotel is a little out of the way, but that means its quiet. Our room was spotless and cleaned every day. The breakfast was self-service so no problem picking what you wanted, they even had an electric pancake maker. The pool is small but more than adequate and well stocked with clean towels. But by far the best thing about this hotel is the staff, every one we encountered was friendly, helpful and couldn't do enough to help! More expensive hotels could learn a lot from the staff here. Can't commend them high enough! This is what customer service should be like!

Room Tip: As the hotel is off the main road, there is little outside noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear June,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We have a great location and I am very lucky to have such a loving team of people serving our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The property itself was above average for a HIE. It was under remodel, but the staff and crew did a great job of hiding it. There was no inconvenience and the property was very clean.

The big story here, though is the people.

I checked in late and was warmly greeted by the front desk clerk. While at breakfast the first morning, I was approached by the General Manager who asked about my stay and was genuinely concerned about his staff's service. Every employee I met was friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make me feel welcomed. They offered a drink upon check-in (beer or water) and ice cream in the evenings.

Great property, but the people and service made all the difference. Great job!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your compliments on our people, and the hospitality you received. Our goal has always been to provide fresh & inviting accommodations, but to earn your return trip with our service.

Thanks again, for staying with us! I am happy that we hit the mark and look forward to serving you again.

Munich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express twice this year. We wanted to visit Busch Gardens and searched thru Tripadvisor. Many other accommodations might be closer and we have stayed at several but, none match up to this hotel. While other hotels are either dirty or in a really bad neighborhood, I highly recommend staying at this Holiday Inn Express.

This hotel is sparkly clean and has unlimited amenities in the room. At the check-in you are welcomed by absolutely friendly staff and complimentary beer or water as well as free ice cream in the evening. The rooms are simply immaculate and match up to and exceed most other hotels which even have a five star rating.

We had two different rooms during our stay. One time a regular 2 queen bed standard room which was great. The other time we had a 2 room suite since we had 3 kids with us. The suite even has a jacuzzi, large living room area. Each room is equipped with their own LED TVs. A really nice feature is an overview of all the channels by channel and alphabetically which makes watching your favorite channel so much easier than at any other hotel. The beds are so comfortable with different types of pillows hard and soft.

During both stays we had a perfect and very quite room, a beautiful pool to relax in the afternoon and in the evening there are literally hundreds of places to eat nearby. The area is absolutely safe and the drive to Busch Gardens is a mere 12-14 minutes.

It is absolutely worth it and we will continue to stay at this lovely hotel. The Manager, George, was there in the morning and greeted the guests during breakfast and got their feedback if everything was ok during their stay. The breakfast buffet let me tell you.... I can't think of anything that is missing. It has everything from french toast, pancakes, eggs, omelet, bacon, sweet donuts and pastries, whole wheat breads, juices, milk, water, coffee and on and on and on. A perfect way to start the day. Other hotels who charge $15-$30 for their breakfast do not have to offer what this great place has.

Best regards and many compliments to all the staff. Keep up this fantastic standard. This hotel definitely deserves 10 out of 10 points.

We will be back for sure!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. If you come with a family, take a 2 bedroom suite. Wow, so fantastic and ro...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Spoily,

Thanks for the awesome compliments! You pick up on so many of the details that we put thought into, like the channel guide, and the range of breakfast choices.

I am especially glad that you were able to experience the three room suite - it works great because the families can have space (and individual TV choices) without renting additional rooms.

Thanks again for the praise for our team and beloved hotel - we look forward to serving you again in the future.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Good location right off i-75, right near restaurants, right near local offices. Very comfortable, the staff always makes you feel right at home, very comfortable rooms, nice breakfast setup, and a refreshing pool to top it off. And don't forget the complimentary ice cream from 8 to 10! Best comfort and value in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for the compliments you have shared about the hotel and the great points you make about the area, as it relates to getting work done (restaurants, proximity to I75 offices). We especially like that you don't let the work get in the way of a trip to the pool!

We look forward to having you back soon so you can experience all of the great room upgrades that are happening in September.

Happy Travels!
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I didn't believe the other guest post about free beer on the first night until I was there checking in and the clerk offered two choices of beer or water. They also have free ice cream sandwiches from 8 to 10pm for guests. The facility is very clean and modern, recently remodeled. The staff was very helpful and courteous. I had an excellent relaxing weekend vacationing there. There is a huge new 20 movie theater steps away and sushi restaurant next door and all the big name stores and restaurants within walking distance. I love Tampa Bay and this is one hotel worth staying at if you are planning to vacation in Tampa.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
georgeathisuites, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear KL,

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your compliments to the staff and the tips about all of the great restaurants & stores that you can walk to. We are lucky to be in such a great location.

Come see us again soon - Busch Gardens' Howl O'Scream is just around the corner and you'll get to see all of the great new furniture!

Thanks again - it was a pleasure serving you!

Villa Hills, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed here for five nights while moving my daughter and family to the Tampa area. I was not only looking for a great place for this stay, but for future visits as well. George and his staff did not disappoint. Every staff member I met was friendly, courteous and helpful. When I brought in the grandchildren during my stay, they went out of their way to make them feel welcome as well. The hotel is undergoing a renovation but no construction is obvious. However, the new lobby and breakfast area are great. The complimentary breakfast served each morning varied from day to day and included a good variety. Even though I was not in a suite, they met my request to add a refrigerator to my room. The hotel is very clean and conveniently located off the main highway, with easy access to numerous stores and restaurants. I would encourage anyone to stay at this hotel if you are in the area. I already have my next visit booked!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Colts Fan,

Thanks for your compliments and thanks for choosing our happy hotel! We love being the New Tampa welcome committee when people relocate.

We look forward to serving your family on future visits.

George Sandona, General Manager

Address: 8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
#2 Family Hotel in Tampa
#2 Romantic Hotel in Tampa
#2 On the Beach Hotel in Tampa
#2 Spa Hotel in Tampa
#16 Business Hotel in Tampa
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites New Tampa i-75 Bruce b. Downs
Holiday Inn Express Tampa
Holiday Inn Tampa

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.