“comfort, location, value - has it all” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 159 hotels in Tampa
New York
“comfort, location, value - has it all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Good location right off i-75, right near restaurants, right near local offices. Very comfortable, the staff always makes you feel right at home, very comfortable rooms, nice breakfast setup, and a refreshing pool to top it off. And don't forget the complimentary ice cream from 8 to 10! Best comfort and value in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for the compliments you have shared about the hotel and the great points you make about the area, as it relates to getting work done (restaurants, proximity to I75 offices). We especially like that you don't let the work get in the way of a trip to the pool!

We look forward to having you back soon so you can experience all of the great room upgrades that are happening in September.

Happy Travels!

375 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I didn't believe the other guest post about free beer on the first night until I was there checking in and the clerk offered two choices of beer or water. They also have free ice cream sandwiches from 8 to 10pm for guests. The facility is very clean and modern, recently remodeled. The staff was very helpful and courteous. I had an excellent relaxing weekend vacationing there. There is a huge new 20 movie theater steps away and sushi restaurant next door and all the big name stores and restaurants within walking distance. I love Tampa Bay and this is one hotel worth staying at if you are planning to vacation in Tampa.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
georgeathisuites, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear KL,

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your compliments to the staff and the tips about all of the great restaurants & stores that you can walk to. We are lucky to be in such a great location.

Come see us again soon - Busch Gardens' Howl O'Scream is just around the corner and you'll get to see all of the great new furniture!

Thanks again - it was a pleasure serving you!

-George Sandona, General Manager
Villa Hills, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed here for five nights while moving my daughter and family to the Tampa area. I was not only looking for a great place for this stay, but for future visits as well. George and his staff did not disappoint. Every staff member I met was friendly, courteous and helpful. When I brought in the grandchildren during my stay, they went out of their way to make them feel welcome as well. The hotel is undergoing a renovation but no construction is obvious. However, the new lobby and breakfast area are great. The complimentary breakfast served each morning varied from day to day and included a good variety. Even though I was not in a suite, they met my request to add a refrigerator to my room. The hotel is very clean and conveniently located off the main highway, with easy access to numerous stores and restaurants. I would encourage anyone to stay at this hotel if you are in the area. I already have my next visit booked!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Colts Fan,

Thanks for your compliments and thanks for choosing our happy hotel! We love being the New Tampa welcome committee when people relocate.

We look forward to serving your family on future visits.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights at the end of our holiday for a visit to Busch Gardens.
From the moment we arrived we were made to feel extremely welcome. The staff were so helpful and accommodating. The welcome beer was a blessing after an 8 hour drive from Florida Keys.
The free hotel wifi was good and also the free use of the hotel computers along with a printer.
The reception staff were always on hand if needed, especially when we needed driving directions anywhere in Tampa.
Breakfast was good and a pleasant surprise that it was included as we thought we only had a room only board.
On our last night we wanted somewhere nice to eat and we were recommended a restaurant by Judy who also gave us a discount voucher. The food was glorious!!
We had a lovely stay but the only problem was it wasn't long enough.
If you want somewhere to stay where you feel comfortable and safe this is where it should be.
Thank you so much Holiday Inn, Tampa for a truly wonderful experience. Especially to Judy and the wonderful reception staff we were welcomed by when we arrived at approx 7pm on 21/08/2013. (Sorry, didn't get their names)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Daisy,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers. I can tell you that when we are able to make your trip better, our team is having as much fun as you are.

We look forward to see you again soon!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel was excellent, we stayed one night while visiting Busch Gardens and had a wonderful experience. The room was very spacious, clean and really well kept, you can see the staff actually cares about their guests and want to provide excellent customer service. This was my first time staying at this hotel and I will definitely be back. At check-in they offer you a beverage and the breakfast was delicious. The bed was very comfortable and we had a good night's sleep. Our room didn't had a mini fridge or microwave but we asked for some water in the lobby and they always gave us free cold bottled water. After all the reviews I checked, the staff and the hotel did not disappoint, definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Mailet,

Thank you for the compliments and praise for our team. Your kind words and recommendation are sincerely appreciated.

We look forward to serving your family again soon.

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed here one night while visiting the MOSI museum. This has been our fourth or fifth stay at this hotel. Friendly staff and always clean. I recommend this hotel if visiting Busch Gardens. It's in a nice area of town with plenty of restaurant choices. We alway enjoy the free beverage (beer) at check in! The rooms are nice and comfortable and come with a coffee/tea maker, hair dryer, firm AND soft pillows labeled a comfy bed and tons of channels on the flat screen t.v. I also have to comment that the toilet paper is cottonelle which is my favorite and the toiletries are bath and bodyworks. We will always stay here on our Tampa trips. 2 Adults and 2 Boys Ages 4 and 7

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Kate,

We are thrilled to be your favorite! You mentioned so many of the items that are the result of prior guests feedback (like more cable channels). Stay tuned, though, because we have even more upgrades on the way this year.

We hope to see the whole family again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I have stated this holiday in several times. no other Holiday Inn Express compares to this one. I made a cross country trip to share with my family and stayed at several other Holiday Inns because of the service I have received here. I was a little disappointed but not all of them where is amazing as this one. the staff definitely makes the difference. the other hotels were OK in service but that did not compare in the way you felt welcome at this hotel. as far as I'm concerned this is the number one Holiday Inn in the country

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Kaln,

Thanks for naming us #1 in your book! My team works hard to be the best at creating an environment that folks will want to return to, and your loyalty is a testament to their success.

We appreciate you every time you return!

George Sandona, General Manager

Address: 8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
#1 Family Hotel in Tampa
#2 Romantic Hotel in Tampa
#18 Business Hotel in Tampa
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites New Tampa i-75 Bruce b. Downs
Holiday Inn Express Tampa
Holiday Inn Tampa

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.