“There's a reason this hotel is at the top of the rankings” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save up to 25%
Ranked #3 of 158 hotels in Tampa
Villa Hills, KY
“There's a reason this hotel is at the top of the rankings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed here for five nights while moving my daughter and family to the Tampa area. I was not only looking for a great place for this stay, but for future visits as well. George and his staff did not disappoint. Every staff member I met was friendly, courteous and helpful. When I brought in the grandchildren during my stay, they went out of their way to make them feel welcome as well. The hotel is undergoing a renovation but no construction is obvious. However, the new lobby and breakfast area are great. The complimentary breakfast served each morning varied from day to day and included a good variety. Even though I was not in a suite, they met my request to add a refrigerator to my room. The hotel is very clean and conveniently located off the main highway, with easy access to numerous stores and restaurants. I would encourage anyone to stay at this hotel if you are in the area. I already have my next visit booked!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Colts Fan,

Thanks for your compliments and thanks for choosing our happy hotel! We love being the New Tampa welcome committee when people relocate.

We look forward to serving your family on future visits.

355 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights at the end of our holiday for a visit to Busch Gardens.
From the moment we arrived we were made to feel extremely welcome. The staff were so helpful and accommodating. The welcome beer was a blessing after an 8 hour drive from Florida Keys.
The free hotel wifi was good and also the free use of the hotel computers along with a printer.
The reception staff were always on hand if needed, especially when we needed driving directions anywhere in Tampa.
Breakfast was good and a pleasant surprise that it was included as we thought we only had a room only board.
On our last night we wanted somewhere nice to eat and we were recommended a restaurant by Judy who also gave us a discount voucher. The food was glorious!!
We had a lovely stay but the only problem was it wasn't long enough.
If you want somewhere to stay where you feel comfortable and safe this is where it should be.
Thank you so much Holiday Inn, Tampa for a truly wonderful experience. Especially to Judy and the wonderful reception staff we were welcomed by when we arrived at approx 7pm on 21/08/2013. (Sorry, didn't get their names)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Daisy,

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers. I can tell you that when we are able to make your trip better, our team is having as much fun as you are.

We look forward to see you again soon!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel was excellent, we stayed one night while visiting Busch Gardens and had a wonderful experience. The room was very spacious, clean and really well kept, you can see the staff actually cares about their guests and want to provide excellent customer service. This was my first time staying at this hotel and I will definitely be back. At check-in they offer you a beverage and the breakfast was delicious. The bed was very comfortable and we had a good night's sleep. Our room didn't had a mini fridge or microwave but we asked for some water in the lobby and they always gave us free cold bottled water. After all the reviews I checked, the staff and the hotel did not disappoint, definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Mailet,

Thank you for the compliments and praise for our team. Your kind words and recommendation are sincerely appreciated.

We look forward to serving your family again soon.

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed here one night while visiting the MOSI museum. This has been our fourth or fifth stay at this hotel. Friendly staff and always clean. I recommend this hotel if visiting Busch Gardens. It's in a nice area of town with plenty of restaurant choices. We alway enjoy the free beverage (beer) at check in! The rooms are nice and comfortable and come with a coffee/tea maker, hair dryer, firm AND soft pillows labeled a comfy bed and tons of channels on the flat screen t.v. I also have to comment that the toilet paper is cottonelle which is my favorite and the toiletries are bath and bodyworks. We will always stay here on our Tampa trips. 2 Adults and 2 Boys Ages 4 and 7

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Kate,

We are thrilled to be your favorite! You mentioned so many of the items that are the result of prior guests feedback (like more cable channels). Stay tuned, though, because we have even more upgrades on the way this year.

We hope to see the whole family again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I have stated this holiday in several times. no other Holiday Inn Express compares to this one. I made a cross country trip to share with my family and stayed at several other Holiday Inns because of the service I have received here. I was a little disappointed but not all of them where is amazing as this one. the staff definitely makes the difference. the other hotels were OK in service but that did not compare in the way you felt welcome at this hotel. as far as I'm concerned this is the number one Holiday Inn in the country

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Kaln,

Thanks for naming us #1 in your book! My team works hard to be the best at creating an environment that folks will want to return to, and your loyalty is a testament to their success.

We appreciate you every time you return!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I booked two rooms for seven nights for my family who were in town from the UK. From the moment we met Annette P. to go over our plans we knew we were in good hands. Excellent staff that included, George, lois and others whose names (to my shame) escape me.
We used the newly decorated function rooms to easily seat 90 guest for a meet and greet on Friday night followed by a formal catered dinner on Saturday. The staff could not do enough for us with regards to setting up, supplying dance floor, coffee etc.
The breakfast did not get boring even after seven nights. There was enough variety to suit 4, 12, 18 and 30+ year olds.
Internet service was good and strong, which is important with all of the adults having two devices. Two good PC's near the lobby made connection and printing of flyers and programs a breeze. Also good and varied TV channels in the rooms. We booked early and were able to secure a fridge in the room.
What makes this review hard to write is that I am a diehard Hilton Honnors gold and HGVC Elite member.
I will certainly be spreading the word about the service that we received at this location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Michael,

Providing accommodations & banquet facilities for your family reunion has been an honor. I am very glad that our offerings, and attention to the details, were well received.

We sincerely appreciate your kind words and look forward to serving your family in the future!

fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed one night Nd was lucky to have Judy check us in. What a delight. Offered beer or water, told us about complimentary breakfast and ice cream in the afternoon and seemed very happy that we chose this hotel,
Entire staff friendly. Room very clean and comfortable and Ll of the hotel is very well maintained.
Will definitely stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites New Tampa i-75 Bruce b. Downs
Holiday Inn Express Tampa
Holiday Inn Tampa
Tampa Holiday Inn
Address: 8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
#1 Family Hotel in Tampa
#17 Business Hotel in Tampa
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.