“Great hotel greater staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs

IHG Orbitz.com
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save up to 25%
Ranked #3 of 158 hotels in Tampa
fl
“Great hotel greater staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed one night Nd was lucky to have Judy check us in. What a delight. Offered beer or water, told us about complimentary breakfast and ice cream in the afternoon and seemed very happy that we chose this hotel,
Entire staff friendly. Room very clean and comfortable and Ll of the hotel is very well maintained.
Will definitely stay there again when in the area.

356 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Wesley Chapel, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I love, love, love this Holiday Inn Express! Great Management, staff, accommodations, food, and the best service you could ever want. I stay here about 4 times a year (2-3 night stays) and I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else. Every one of the Management team and staff is friendly, helpful, and eager to please. My rooms are always clean and in good order. You owe yourself the pleasure of staying there. Currently, the hotel is undergoing a facelift, BUT you will not find it an inconvenience. The price is right, the location is good for me and I always look forward to a great experience there. Try it, you'll see what I mean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
chicago, il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

The family and I stayed here for three nights and it worked out very well. I asked if there was a fridge in our room and the lady at the front desk upgraded us to a mini-suite with fridge, micro, and extra sink. Very cool. All the staff were friendly and helpful. The only issue I had was the wifi was a bit slow. Overall it made our vacation to Busch gardens easy. Also decent places to eat around the corner: sushi, Thai, Italian, subway, panera, etc.

• Stayed July 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

First time we stayed here was in 2010..........a NICE two-night stay! We were pretty shocked and VERY happy when offered a nice cold FREE brew upon checking in.
This time we stayed July 8th and 9th.........another NICE two-night stay! At check-in, wife, her brother and myself were each given a nice cold brew. That was just plain TOTALLY COOL!! The room we got had a frig and microwave in it.......very nice! Very quiet at night and the FREE breakfast was GREAT! There was construction going on, but only a little noise in the AM for a short time.......nothing to complain about! Wasn't able to make it to the pool due to a t-storm and a LOT of people in the pool area the second day of our stay.
Would we recommend this hotel...........DEFINITELY!!

Room Tip: Rooms w/frig-microwave are very handy. Had that type of room for both of our stays.
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

It's not very often I travel and am anxious to return home to write a good hotel review, but this is one of the exceptions. I booked here for July 4th weekend. Shortly after completing the booking, I saw a review about construction at the hotel and got scared and wanted to cancel my booking. I called the hotel a couple of times and asked the staff about the construction, each time in detail they explained what stage it was at and assured me that my trip would be pleasant. I then called and left a message for the general manager, who called me and also took the time to give me the details of the construction in process. Well, when I got there I was like what construction?? They were doing some work on the first floor but you had to go and find it if you were curious enough, it was in no way a disturbance. The rooms are clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. The staff is superb and knowledgeable of their surroundings, the offer of a cool beverage as soon as you arrive, the free breakfast and evening ice cream social makes the trip worth talking about and keeps the kids happy. My family and I had a great !!! time here, next trip to Tampa will be spent right there.....thanks to George and his wonderful staff for a nice and pleasant trip.

Room Tip: I got a room on the 4th floor so did my brother and his family and it was great.
Ridgewood, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I used to live in Tampa Palms, so this is the hotel that I always use when I come back to Tampa to visit friends. It is off Bruce B. Downs so it is quiet, but there are plenty of restaurants nearby. Check-in was quick, I was told I was being given a complimentary fridge (I love having a fridge in my room) and we were given a room on the 1st floor so I didn't need to wait for elevators. The fridge was not in the room when we arrived but after a phone call to the front desk, it quickly arrived. When I wanted to use the fitness room and my key card didn't work, a visit to the front desk to let them know and they immediately got someone up to the fitness room to let me in and then fix the lock. I'll always return to this hotel when I visit New Tampa.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Me and my husband picked this hotel based off my TripAdvisor app. We had spent the day at Busch Gardens and needed a place to sleep before heading to Fort Lauderdale the next morning. When we arrived, Judy at the front desk (I think that was her name?) was AMAZINGLY welcoming. We were offered cold drinks and an efficient check-in process! Our room was spotless with a comfortable bed. We did not get to use the pool because it was horribly rainy out, but it looked really nice. When we were trying to decide where to eat dinner, Judy let us look through the huge book of restaurants at the front desk and gave her own suggestions too. We chose to eat at Wood Fired Pizza (it was great!). The next morning we slept in too late to get breakfast, but the other front desk lady recommended First Watch on our way out of town, another great pick. Thanks for the clean, quiet place to stay before we had to drive a few more hours the next morning!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites New Tampa i-75 Bruce b. Downs
Holiday Inn Express Tampa
Holiday Inn Tampa
Tampa Holiday Inn
Address: 8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
#1 Family Hotel in Tampa
#3 Luxury Hotel in Tampa
#3 Romantic Hotel in Tampa
#17 Business Hotel in Tampa
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Venere, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later
Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs to your Saves list