“Excellent Property and Staff, You Won't be Dissapointed!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #2 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Georgia
“Excellent Property and Staff, You Won't be Dissapointed!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

It's not very often I travel and am anxious to return home to write a good hotel review, but this is one of the exceptions. I booked here for July 4th weekend. Shortly after completing the booking, I saw a review about construction at the hotel and got scared and wanted to cancel my booking. I called the hotel a couple of times and asked the staff about the construction, each time in detail they explained what stage it was at and assured me that my trip would be pleasant. I then called and left a message for the general manager, who called me and also took the time to give me the details of the construction in process. Well, when I got there I was like what construction?? They were doing some work on the first floor but you had to go and find it if you were curious enough, it was in no way a disturbance. The rooms are clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. The staff is superb and knowledgeable of their surroundings, the offer of a cool beverage as soon as you arrive, the free breakfast and evening ice cream social makes the trip worth talking about and keeps the kids happy. My family and I had a great !!! time here, next trip to Tampa will be spent right there.....thanks to George and his wonderful staff for a nice and pleasant trip.

Room Tip: I got a room on the 4th floor so did my brother and his family and it was great.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Ridgewood, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I used to live in Tampa Palms, so this is the hotel that I always use when I come back to Tampa to visit friends. It is off Bruce B. Downs so it is quiet, but there are plenty of restaurants nearby. Check-in was quick, I was told I was being given a complimentary fridge (I love having a fridge in my room) and we were given a room on the 1st floor so I didn't need to wait for elevators. The fridge was not in the room when we arrived but after a phone call to the front desk, it quickly arrived. When I wanted to use the fitness room and my key card didn't work, a visit to the front desk to let them know and they immediately got someone up to the fitness room to let me in and then fix the lock. I'll always return to this hotel when I visit New Tampa.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Me and my husband picked this hotel based off my TripAdvisor app. We had spent the day at Busch Gardens and needed a place to sleep before heading to Fort Lauderdale the next morning. When we arrived, Judy at the front desk (I think that was her name?) was AMAZINGLY welcoming. We were offered cold drinks and an efficient check-in process! Our room was spotless with a comfortable bed. We did not get to use the pool because it was horribly rainy out, but it looked really nice. When we were trying to decide where to eat dinner, Judy let us look through the huge book of restaurants at the front desk and gave her own suggestions too. We chose to eat at Wood Fired Pizza (it was great!). The next morning we slept in too late to get breakfast, but the other front desk lady recommended First Watch on our way out of town, another great pick. Thanks for the clean, quiet place to stay before we had to drive a few more hours the next morning!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Auburn, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

This Hotel has a great friendly staff!
Willing to go above the usual. We had booked through Busch Gardens and they put us in a normal double room for a week, we told the manager we needed a fridge....And She up- graded us to a Suitte at no charge. WOW ,.it was very nice. The hot breakfast was good to head out for our Day full of energy.
Stay here if your headed to the Tampa Bay Area.

• Stayed July 2013
Lehigh Acres, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We got away for a little post baby get away! We enjoyed our stay here great staff. Good free breakfast and ice cream treats each night! My husband and I enjoyed a nice quiet lounge by the pool. We also enjoyed the nice comfy bed and catching up on our sleep!

• Stayed July 2013
Lutz, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I love staying here. George Sandona, the manager, is wonderful! He is so serious about making your stay enjoyable, he has his cell number posted in the elevators to call ANYTIME there is an issue. The staff are so kind and courteous and helpful. I am part of a quilting group that meets about 5 times a year for a 3-day weekend of sewing and friendship. We had tried several other hotels before this Holiday Inn Express and decided to keep coming back here. The beds are the best I have ever slept on, even better than my one at home! The breakfast is amazing every day. But the staff cannot be beat. I recommend this hotel for anyone, from singles to families!!

Room Tip: They are ALL good. The beds are amazing! The first floor on the east end is an entrance from the par...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This hotel is not bad but they are in full construction mode; the lobby is closed; the halls are a mess and while they are in the process of such a big job, they should have closed. I would simply select another option while this remodeling is being done.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear TW,

I am so sorry to hear that our remodeling was disruptive to your stay. We have worked very hard to limit guest exposure, but I understand that the lobby remodel was impossible to ignore during certain parts of the process.

I am happy to let you know that this phase will be complete by the end of the week and we will resume operations in a newly designed upscale environment in just a few more days. The process was challenging but I promise that the upgrades will be worth coming back for.

Please contact me directly if I can assist you with a special offer to return and see the final product on your next trip.

Wishing you happy & safe travels,
George Sandona, General Manager

Address: 8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
#1 Family Hotel in Tampa
#2 Romantic Hotel in Tampa
#10 Business Hotel in Tampa
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, AAA Travel Services, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites New Tampa i-75 Bruce b. Downs
Holiday Inn Express Tampa
Holiday Inn Tampa

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.