“Great Hotel Along I-75” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #2 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Fayetteville, Georgia
“Great Hotel Along I-75”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We were passing through and getting kind of tired, so we pulled off I-75 and found this Holiday Inn Express. I knew it was highly rated, so we decided to give it a try. The hotel was great. We had a nice and clean room. Beds were comfortable, and we enjoyed the breakfast a lot. Location was great. Right off the interstate, and close to a few restaurants. I will begin to look for more of these holiday inn expresses on my future trips.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Salem, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Location: quiet, away the busy highway; Starbucks and a movie theater are within walking distance; Flatwoods Park and Lettuce Lake offer walking trails nearby. Friendly desk staff gave us directions to parks and to a Vietnamese restaurant. The room was fine, with a comfortable bed and wi-fi. Breakfast was OK, though fresh fruit was in short supply. At check-in, we were offered bottled beer, and ice cream bars were available each afternoon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back (not parking lot).
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear CascadeSalem,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Holiday Inn is a great place to stay, good service and good food in nearby restaurants. Went to the pier to catch a cruise and parked at a Premier Parking location on Brush street. Do not park at any of the Premier Parking location. An employee ran over our luggage in another car and destroyed the contents inside and they refused to pay for the damaged items. We contacted the Corporate office and they ignored our calls and cheated us out of the payment for the items they damaged. All the items inside were destroyed and they would ignore our phone calls and not pay for the damaged items. These people are dishonest and will not pay for items they damage. Stay away from Premier Parking Locations, they are dishonest people. Contact me by message if you want more information.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Don,

Thanks for your compliments about our hotel and location. We do offer the ability to avoid the terminal parking by leaving your car at the hotel (free). We'll assist you in scheduling a private car to the port. It's a few dollars more than terminal parking, but the service and peace of mind are probably worth it, considering your experience with their parking.

Thank you for staying with us - we look forward to serving you again in the future.

-George
Newcastle, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed for two nights and have to say I was underwhelmed, given all the gushing positive reviews for this hotel on tripadvisor. Sure, the gimmicks (free drink at checkin and a free ice cream on an evening) were pleasant enough, but the rest was just mediocre.

On arriving at the hotel, I was greeted by a sign saying ‘back soon’, and a five minute wait before anyone showed up to check me in. When I needed to go back to reception later that night, the same sign was displayed (though the wait wasn’t too long) – perhaps the hotel needs more than one member of staff on the front desk as leaving the front desk unmanned didn’t seem to be a rare occurrence.

The room itself was actually pretty drab, nothing wrong but certainly nothing special. Unlike every other hotel I’ve stayed in on this trip, there was no fridge or microwave in the room, and there was no proper hanging closet (just an open space with a rail next to the bathroom). More surprising for a hotel that claims to cater for business travellers, there was no in-room safe and even at reception there was no safety deposit box that was large enough to hold a laptop. I was left with no option but to put the laptop in the manager’s office, without the satisfaction of knowing it was under lock and key. Had this been a work trip, I would have been stuck as there’s a requirement for work laptops to be on your person or locked in a safe, so if your company has similar rules, I’d stay elsewhere. Similarly the superfast broadband was not so super – the first night the wifi did not work at all and the wired connection was slow – though the second night both were fine, so may have just been a temporary blip.

I didn’t get a lot of sleep here because, although the bed was very comfortable, my room was sufficiently close to the lift to hear the surprisingly loud and irritating ‘ding dong’ every time anyone pressed the lift call bell, or the lift arrived, at whatever time of the night or morning. Goodness knows what it must have been like in the ground floor room opposite the lift!

Breakfast was good but there was no fresh fruit on either day. The availability of coffee in the lobby is good and most of the staff were attentive and courteous. The exception was housekeeping who failed to provide any fresh face towels, or any fresh soap (though the front desk responded quickly and politely when I went down to ask for some). I’d suggest more training of housekeeping staff was required since on the second morning, I was disturbed by two members of housekeeping talking very loudly outside my door.

Overall, an adequate but not outstanding experience.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the lifts!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Friend,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your candid feedback. Each and every point you made will be addressed in this week's continuous improvement cycle and a few have already been resolved.

We love guests who challenge us to grow! By way of example, refrigerators and microwaves are already built into our suites. As a result of feedback like yours, we are purchasing new furniture to accommodate them in our standard rooms very soon. In the mean time they are usually available upon request.

I am sorry that I didn't meet you while you at the property, but would love to hear from you directly so that I can better respond to concerns like the elevator ping. I need to know the precise room am I will sleep in the room myself, if that's what it takes to ensure a restful night for my guests. My email address is george@hisuitestampa.com and I look forward to any additional suggestions you may think of.!

Thanks again for staying with us!

George Sandona, General Manager
Hernando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We live in small town Florida and sometimes go to Tampa to enjoy dining and shopping. Not familiar with this particular area, the staff couldn't do enough to help us find interesting things to do and places to dine. Rooms are comfortable. Nice gardens and pool. Even welcome beverage upon arrival; choice of water or beer. Ice cream in the lobby at night. One caution though. The hotel is about to undergo a 1 million dollar renovation; so call before booking in the next 6 months.

Room Tip: Ask for something overlooking the pool and where you won't hear elevator noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
georgeathisuites, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Peri,

Thanks for the great compliments regarding the service and the additional free amenities. In reference to the renovation, we want to make sure that every guest knows that they can count on us to make their stay great.

**Our guests will never be assigned to a floor where work is underway.
**Our pool and fitness room are complete and will always be in service.
**Our great free breakfast will be served in a beautiful banquet room.
**Wifi upgrades & our 100+ Channel TV package are complete.

I look forward to the opportunity to make every vacation and every business stay as enjoyable during this process, as it would be any other time.

George Sandona, General Manager
washington, michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Comfortable bed. Excellent service. Really know how to take care of the guest to make us feel special. Really enjoyed our stay. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. Lots of restaurants nearby and mall. So you will find what you need in the area

• Stayed April 2013
Lake City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Let me start by saying that I travel 100 nights per year and have been for the past ten years. I stay at Marriotts, Hiltons, Sheratons and Boutique Hotels. I have never seen a hotel's employees always bringing their A game. I was so impressed by this that I am writing my first hotel review ever! Every employee I came into contact with was OUTSTANDING! Every employee I saw would smile and acknowledge me each time they saw me. Wanda from housekeeping asked me how my day was while I was in the elevator with her. In every hotel that I normally stay, the housekeepers won't look at me, let alone engage in pleasant conversation. Every desk clerk was great and never seemed bothered to answer my questions. I have to give extra recognition to Mark. He took care of scanning that I needed completed all while registering other customers, answering the phones and answering questions of others. He remained calm, professional and concerned with each customer's request. Breakfast was better than what I have had at other Holiday Inn Express' or Hampton Inn. Nicole was OUTSTANDING! Oh and, George, the manager, was at breakfast talking to the customers asking for feedback on each person's stay. I've NEVER seen this. The room is what you would expect at Holiday Inn Express. Nothing more, nothing less.
I was in town visiting family. When I return to Tampa again, this is where I will be staying.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Address: 8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
#1 Family Hotel in Tampa
#3 Romantic Hotel in Tampa
#10 Business Hotel in Tampa
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, AAA Travel Services, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites New Tampa i-75 Bruce b. Downs
Holiday Inn Express Tampa
Holiday Inn Tampa

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.