Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save up to 25%
Ranked #3 of 158 hotels in Tampa
“What a great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I've been a Priority Club Member for at least
40 years, I have never stayed in a better place.
The staff are the friendliest people I have ever met, the property is well kept, and the rooms are spotless.
Every trip to Tampa will be here!!!

• Stayed April 2013

356 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We (3 adults/2 children) stayed here over Spring Break. We had a great time in Tampa. It is not far from Busch Gardens or Clearwater. We had a presidential suite (2 bedrooms and pull out couch). The only downfall was it had only one bathroom. That was partly our fault because we just assumed it had two bathrooms. But, other than that it was a great place to stay!

The boys enjoyed the pool at night...it's heated and lovely! The breakfast was nice and changed a bit from day to day. The workout room was well stocked (just make sure you turn the air conditioner down when you start or you might sweat a ton like I did)! The staff was friendly and were all very helpful. If you need anything just let them know and they will get it!

I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and stay there again!

Room Tip: We had a presidential suite, but could hear the traffic on the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My son chose this hotel based on feedback seen on Tripadvisor. We stayed for 3 nights and couldn't have asked for a better experience. This hotel is in a perfect location, close to Busch Gardens, George Steinbrenner Field and other area attractions without it being in the middle of Tampa chaos. Restaurants and a movie theater within walking distance. The hotel staff are very friendly and accomodating - the hotel itself is clean and comfortable. The breakfast each morning was an added bonus. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Albertville Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

The front desk staff was extremely nice and helpful. The housekeeping staff did a good job overall, but did not do an adequate job of vaccuming and dusting. The Wifi was so weak that we had to use our own hot spot. We asked for a quiet room location but was given a room overlooking the swimming pool. The breakfast overall was good except they keep putting stale biscuits out nearly every morning. They must cook them once a week. I probably would not stay there again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Moore405,

Thanks for staying with us and thanks for your great feedback! I am sorry that the Wifi was moving slowly, but please know that my staff is here 24/7 to resolve issues on the spot.

You have given us some areas that we can further improve and we sincerely thank you!

-George Sandona, General Manager
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My son and I just returned from 4 nights in Tampa watching winter baseball. I chose this hotel because it was central to the baseball parks and it received great reviews on trip advisor. It was very obvious to me that each and every staff member truly cared about making our stay complete. I have to say that Judy at the front desk was so helpful. Her cheerful and helpful attitude was very much appreciated. What hotel offers a complimentay drink at check-Inn? To go down for a very complete all-included breakfast at 8:30am and then return 45 minutes later to a totally cleaned up, madeup room was quite impressive. This is a hotel that pays attention to details; Truly hospitable. It was a refreshing reminder about what customer service really means!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sleepy Hollow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel through Busch Gardens...as we were planning on visiting the park...so we were on their site. We stayed four days...three nights....and had a 14 day pass to Busch Gardens. Our room had a king-sized bed...and was extremely comfortable.
This was a wonderful hotel. We were greeted at the check in desk...and offered a beverage..water, beer, or something else. I have NEVER had this happen before. Each and every one of the desk staff were polite and efficient!
Our room was wonderful....the breakfast area was top-notch...and the people who staff the breakfast area work really hard to keep the area clean...and all food fully stocked. Of all the places that we stayed on this recent Florida trip...this Holiday Inn had the best breakfast!
At 8:00 pm....they would roll out a freezer with ice cream novelties. This was a real treat...especially after coming back from all the walking at Busch Gardens!
We met the manager in the breakfast area. He stopped by and asked us how our experience was. In addition, he had posted a "letter" in the elevators stating that they wanted their guests experience to be a 10...and to please contact him if we had any concerns. In other words...they wanted to make your experience the best it could be...while you were there....we never had to contact him for anything...as our total experience was just perfect!
There were a variety of restaurants close to the hotel...and it was convenient to hop on the road and drive to Busch Gardens (no shuttle from this hotel...as it is a little far)
I noticed a "vase" of umbrellas by the door...for guests to use, if necessary...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
silver spring
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is an update to a review from one year ago.

There's lots of great things about this hotel and a few little problems, none of which should keep you from staying here if you get a good price or the hotel is convenient to where you want to be.

Among the great things: super friendly staff who greet you warmly when you check in and look up to say hello every time you walk by (this is an improvement from last year). A free beer or bottle of water when you check in. Free ice cream in the lobby every evening. A pretty good breakfast (if you stick with the cold stuff) and a free newspaper. Free wifi. And the hotel is clean and quite. In particular, this is one of the few hotels where you don't hear doors slamming up and down the hallways. Somehow, they've managed to quiet their doors.

On the small list of things to improve: bathroom cups and coffee cups in the room weren't replenished after being used. No fresh fruit one morning at breakfast. Various kinds of "eggs" that didn't taste like eggs. Or like anything. A toaster that took 5 minutes to make a piece of toast (long lines and folks who gave up). Slow wifi that often dropped the connection.

And one thing that Holiday Inn itself cannot fix. Although the location is convenient to lots of area attractions, it is annoying to get to. The left hand turn from Bruce B Downs Blvd can take several light cycles and as long as ten minutes. Add to this the timing of the light coming off of 275 south and just getting into the hotel can take 10-15 minutes longer than you expect.

Overall, nice place to stay if you need to stay in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
"Dear Dr. King,

Thanks so much for the great feedback! We are always in the process of reviewing our operations for areas of improvement. Your honest comments drive our desire to make your next stay "great".

We will be reviewing your "short list" , and your compliments, at our weekly Continuous Improvement Meeting. Also, I have shared your comments on the signal timing with the City of Tampa. I'll bet they care just as much as I do, about the impressions they leave on our travelers.

We look forward to serving you again in the future!

-George Sandona, General Manager"

Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites New Tampa i-75 Bruce b. Downs
Holiday Inn Express Tampa
Holiday Inn Tampa
Tampa Holiday Inn
Address: 8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
#1 Family Hotel in Tampa
#17 Business Hotel in Tampa
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Venere, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.