“A Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #1 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Sleepy Hollow
“A Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel through Busch Gardens...as we were planning on visiting the park...so we were on their site. We stayed four days...three nights....and had a 14 day pass to Busch Gardens. Our room had a king-sized bed...and was extremely comfortable.
This was a wonderful hotel. We were greeted at the check in desk...and offered a beverage..water, beer, or something else. I have NEVER had this happen before. Each and every one of the desk staff were polite and efficient!
Our room was wonderful....the breakfast area was top-notch...and the people who staff the breakfast area work really hard to keep the area clean...and all food fully stocked. Of all the places that we stayed on this recent Florida trip...this Holiday Inn had the best breakfast!
At 8:00 pm....they would roll out a freezer with ice cream novelties. This was a real treat...especially after coming back from all the walking at Busch Gardens!
We met the manager in the breakfast area. He stopped by and asked us how our experience was. In addition, he had posted a "letter" in the elevators stating that they wanted their guests experience to be a 10...and to please contact him if we had any concerns. In other words...they wanted to make your experience the best it could be...while you were there....we never had to contact him for anything...as our total experience was just perfect!
There were a variety of restaurants close to the hotel...and it was convenient to hop on the road and drive to Busch Gardens (no shuttle from this hotel...as it is a little far)
I noticed a "vase" of umbrellas by the door...for guests to use, if necessary...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
silver spring
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is an update to a review from one year ago.

There's lots of great things about this hotel and a few little problems, none of which should keep you from staying here if you get a good price or the hotel is convenient to where you want to be.

Among the great things: super friendly staff who greet you warmly when you check in and look up to say hello every time you walk by (this is an improvement from last year). A free beer or bottle of water when you check in. Free ice cream in the lobby every evening. A pretty good breakfast (if you stick with the cold stuff) and a free newspaper. Free wifi. And the hotel is clean and quite. In particular, this is one of the few hotels where you don't hear doors slamming up and down the hallways. Somehow, they've managed to quiet their doors.

On the small list of things to improve: bathroom cups and coffee cups in the room weren't replenished after being used. No fresh fruit one morning at breakfast. Various kinds of "eggs" that didn't taste like eggs. Or like anything. A toaster that took 5 minutes to make a piece of toast (long lines and folks who gave up). Slow wifi that often dropped the connection.

And one thing that Holiday Inn itself cannot fix. Although the location is convenient to lots of area attractions, it is annoying to get to. The left hand turn from Bruce B Downs Blvd can take several light cycles and as long as ten minutes. Add to this the timing of the light coming off of 275 south and just getting into the hotel can take 10-15 minutes longer than you expect.

Overall, nice place to stay if you need to stay in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
"Dear Dr. King,

Thanks so much for the great feedback! We are always in the process of reviewing our operations for areas of improvement. Your honest comments drive our desire to make your next stay "great".

We will be reviewing your "short list" , and your compliments, at our weekly Continuous Improvement Meeting. Also, I have shared your comments on the signal timing with the City of Tampa. I'll bet they care just as much as I do, about the impressions they leave on our travelers.

We look forward to serving you again in the future!

-George Sandona, General Manager"
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I went there with my family for spring break, we had a 2 Queen Suite. It was perfect for us. Many restaurants in the area! The hotel is very quiet. Busch Gardens is close by. Ask the hotel for discount tickets.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed at other hotels where there is a smokey or musty odor, but with this one not a smell. The garbage cans are very clean and also the carpet. The only thing was not so good is the washing machine and dryer on the third floor. Usually my skin would itch soon as I go on the beds. But this one was so clean. The breakfast was great. The pancake maker was not bad at all. The temperature was very good too, as there was a few cold days. Definitely stay there again. Everything is close by. The staff very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool. We were happy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Wausau, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I just returned from a 7 night stay at this HI with my sister and niece. This was the perfect hotel for 3 women traveling alone. Very quiet and safe location. Anything you needed was a short distance away. Movie theater across the street, restaurants, grocery store, etc..

We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite..... Enough room for 3 women and all their belongings. Hotel was spotless. Beds were comfortable, pool area was quiet and very nice. The best service I have seen at any hotel we have stayed in...especially Judy at the front desk. I had many questions regarding directions and places to visit.. she always took the time to answer..even printed out directions for me. The GM came around and asked how we were enjoying our stay..he was truly interested in our comments.

The included breakfast was by far the best I have ever eaten at a hotel... The eggs were wonderful...as were the warm cinnamon rolls. Some of the furniture could be replaced.. it was showing signs of wear. They will be doing a major renovation this spring.

The location is perfect if you want to stay on the northeast side of Tampa.. We felt very safe in that area of Tampa. 15 mins to Hard Rock Casino..depending on trafic... approx 40 mins to airport..which was not a bad drive at all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The front desk greeted us and offered a beverage at check-in just like they advertised. Ice Cream Social is just serve yourself pre-packaged ice cream treats, but for free who's complaining. Breakfast was good ... they promote a pancake maker vs a waffle maker. Not bad, but think I'd prefer the waffles. Everything about our stay was very good except the wi-fi. It was bad at best. Location of the hotel is good, easy to get to off the expressway and a major road. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear SB,

Thanks for the compliments! I am sorry that our WiFI wasn't meeting your needs during your stay. If you ever experience this again in our hotel, please call the desk and we will reset your access point. Our system is FIOS, so normal operation renders excellent service throughout the hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed the room, the ice cream and the hospitality. We look forward to serving you again!

-George Sandona, General Manager
Horley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Was a little sceptical when booking as part of a package as HIE in UK aren't the best in some countries. What a pleasant surprise this place was.
Pros:
Friendly and welcoming staff
Inclusive buffet breakfast and free ice cream at night
Good sized pool, heated in winter
Free wi-fi
Large and comfortable rooms
Short drive to Busch
Restaurants close by
Generally quiet location, with good parking
Cons:
Got lost on way from Tampa airport (driver error - not really fault of hotel!)
Err... nothing else.

Would I stay there again .... absolutely.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Address: 8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
#1 Family Hotel in Tampa
#2 Romantic Hotel in Tampa
#10 Business Hotel in Tampa
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, AAA Travel Services, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites New Tampa i-75 Bruce b. Downs
Holiday Inn Express Tampa
Holiday Inn Tampa

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.