Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #2 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Wonderful Stay...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I just returned from a 7 night stay at this HI with my sister and niece. This was the perfect hotel for 3 women traveling alone. Very quiet and safe location. Anything you needed was a short distance away. Movie theater across the street, restaurants, grocery store, etc..

We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite..... Enough room for 3 women and all their belongings. Hotel was spotless. Beds were comfortable, pool area was quiet and very nice. The best service I have seen at any hotel we have stayed in...especially Judy at the front desk. I had many questions regarding directions and places to visit.. she always took the time to answer..even printed out directions for me. The GM came around and asked how we were enjoying our stay..he was truly interested in our comments.

The included breakfast was by far the best I have ever eaten at a hotel... The eggs were wonderful...as were the warm cinnamon rolls. Some of the furniture could be replaced.. it was showing signs of wear. They will be doing a major renovation this spring.

The location is perfect if you want to stay on the northeast side of Tampa.. We felt very safe in that area of Tampa. 15 mins to Hard Rock Casino..depending on trafic... approx 40 mins to airport..which was not a bad drive at all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

386 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The front desk greeted us and offered a beverage at check-in just like they advertised. Ice Cream Social is just serve yourself pre-packaged ice cream treats, but for free who's complaining. Breakfast was good ... they promote a pancake maker vs a waffle maker. Not bad, but think I'd prefer the waffles. Everything about our stay was very good except the wi-fi. It was bad at best. Location of the hotel is good, easy to get to off the expressway and a major road. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear SB,

Thanks for the compliments! I am sorry that our WiFI wasn't meeting your needs during your stay. If you ever experience this again in our hotel, please call the desk and we will reset your access point. Our system is FIOS, so normal operation renders excellent service throughout the hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed the room, the ice cream and the hospitality. We look forward to serving you again!

-George Sandona, General Manager
Horley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Was a little sceptical when booking as part of a package as HIE in UK aren't the best in some countries. What a pleasant surprise this place was.
Pros:
Friendly and welcoming staff
Inclusive buffet breakfast and free ice cream at night
Good sized pool, heated in winter
Free wi-fi
Large and comfortable rooms
Short drive to Busch
Restaurants close by
Generally quiet location, with good parking
Cons:
Got lost on way from Tampa airport (driver error - not really fault of hotel!)
Err... nothing else.

Would I stay there again .... absolutely.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
acebaby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was a wonderful hotel. We had a two queen room with a pullout sofa. The room was clean, updated and the beds were very comfortable. My son said the pullout sofa was not so comfortable but hey, it's a pullout sofa..what do you expect? This was a great place to stay before our cruise, it was only a few minutes from the port. The staff is very friendly and I was greeted cheerfully, and asked if I wanted something to drink while checking in. My hubby even forgot something in the room and they saved it and we picked it up after our cruise. They had breakfast but we did not wake up in time, so I cannot comment on that. There are also resturants near this hotel and a Walgreens so there is enough there for what you need.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
FLA.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked 3 rooms for me and friends last weekend and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The rooms were modern and very clean. the hot breakfast was very good.The location is close to I-75 and 10-15 minutes from downtown. Abundant of restaurants and stores in this residential area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jurbise, Hainaut, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great service, friendly staff, and the general manager even stopped by our table at breakfast to see how we liked our stay. The manager even stopped by to see how we enjoyed our stay and if there was anything we could suggest to make improvements. I would stay here again, and highly recommend to friends.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had misjudged how far from the city this hotel was and needed to relocate after our second day. The staff were so efficient and helpful. Although the booking couldn't be transferred, we had rebooked, checked out and were in our second hotel within the hour.
Excellent customer care and efficiency.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Address: 8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
#2 On the Beach Hotel in Tampa
#2 Romantic Hotel in Tampa
#2 Family Hotel in Tampa
#2 Spa Hotel in Tampa
#15 Business Hotel in Tampa
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites New Tampa i-75 Bruce b. Downs
Holiday Inn Express Tampa
Holiday Inn Tampa

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.