Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #2 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great HIE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

For business, I stay at Holiday Inn Expresses primarily as that's what my company is willing to shell out for us. Most of them are almost identical as far as decor and amenities. While the decor at this hotel is pretty standard, I was taken by the kindness of their front desk staff. It isn't something I seek out, but it is nice to be greeted very professionally as a platinum member.

This hotel offers little extras that really make a difference in my opinion. For example, the fitness center, in addition to the standard cardio machines, also has dumbbells and a flat bench. The pool area is also much nicer and larger than what you see at most HIEs. And although I haven't indulged, I hear that the free ice cream in the evenings is great. It is conveniently located to I-75 and lots of places to eat. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

384 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Blaine, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed one night in a king executive suite. We had a problem at check in because we had upgraded our room on the HI Express website. The upgrade didn't show on the hotel computer. I had the email confirmation on my phone so we got it worked out. Hannah who works the front desk went out of her way to help us. We had one other housekeeping issue in our room, but it was taken care of immediately. The manager did something really nice for us because of our troubles. I heard someone say that this location is due a complete renovation soon. They also mentioned that they will add a small shop at the lobby. This hotel ranks number one because of the staff. If you want a nice and quiet place to relax then stay here. One other thing I want to mention. We saw another Tampa Police Officer in the lobby with his marked patrol car out front.We are always glad to see them there. I would say this strongly deters car burglaries and other crimes near the hotel. We have never felt unsafe and the hotel is in a great location.

• Stayed February 2013
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This particular Holiday Inn Express goes above and beyond anything that we anticipated in our frequent travels to the New Tampa area, and we will never stay anywhere else. The customer service is stellar and the rooms and facility are immaculate-and you cannot beat the location. We are grateful to the special GM and entire staff for taking the time to care about the guests' experience. We highly recommend this hotel for any of your travel needs.
Enjoy your stay-from the time that you receive your complimentary beverage at check-in, to having a yummy breakfast that is included as well, to the smiles from the exemplary and efficient staff as you check-out. You will not be disappointed...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I recently traveled to Tampa for personal business. Three other downtown hotels were suggested for location and convenience to our meetings, but we decided to stay at this hotel because of other traveler's reviews. The customer service was excellent, and each employee wore a smile and made an effort to ensure we had everything we needed for a great stay. Convenient location to major freeways, variety of dining choices nearby, and a comfortable night's sleep make this our choice for future visits. We were not disappointed! ps The ice cream treat in the evening tops off the day perfectly!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

To say the least this hotel was clean, with nice rooms and the best customer service that I have ever gotten. The whole staff was just too nice Jennifer, Hannah, the two girls that setup breakfast and the General Manager George were just lovely. These are just the names I remember but everyone was nice. The free breakfast was quite good, too.

Room Tip: We stayed in an executive suite and it was very nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently arrived from a long weekend at this hotel. I was greated by the warth and friendliness of Hanna and the manager (forgot name but she had beautiful blue eyes). The entire staff including the lovely breakfast staff ladies were so accomidating and willing to go the extra mile for us. I was told that one girl had just started that same day. You couldn't even tell. The lovely maintenance gentleman said goodmonring to us every time he would see us. This is not usually seen in hotels anymore. The suite was spotless. Ample towels and toiletries were provided. The room was very comfortable as well. Large and spacious. Great location directly off I-75. Safe family neighborhood abut 8 miles from Busch Gardens. We had complementary coffee all day, water on arrival, and ice cream at night. There are several restaurants with-in walking distance. The movies is next door and a great mall with nightly entertainment just down the street. The breakfast is a big step above a complementary continental breakfast. Each day it changes. We were visited my the genteral manager (Gorge). So lovely. He spoke a very long time with him. Makes you feel right at home. I will only stay at this hotle when I come to Tampa. I know when you read these reviews at staff meeting you cheer for eachother when your name is mentioned. So, go ahead and cheer for all of you. Great job!

Room Tip: Breakfast changes every day. Mall down the street has nightly activities.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We selected this hotel due to its convenient proximity to I-75, the brand and the high rating by TripAdvisor. Based upon the ratings, we came expecting a very good stay. We were pleasantly surprised in many respects.

The property is just off Bruce Downs Blvd which runs directly into I-75. Despite the proximity to major roads, the neighborhood is quiet. It is bordered by a residential area and nature reserve. Numerous retail shops, drug stores, restaurants and movie theater are within walking distance with no need to get on the Boulevard during your stay. The property itself was very quiet. We did not hear anything during the night.

The hotel was in excellent condition and seemed to be almost newly constructed. Our room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. The bed's mattress was quite comfortable and comparable to ours at home. The free breakfast buffet had a wide range of choices including scrambled eggs and sausage. A free newspaper is provided, too.

Our excellent experience started at check-in where Hannah greeted us in a very friendly way as we entered and offered us either a beer or cold bottled water. We asked her for recommendations for dinner which she made. Upon our return from dinner, she recognized us quickly coming in the door and asked how our meal was. Based upon our experience with the rest of the staff that we interacted with, it is evident that they are focused on satisfying there customers in a way that is beyond the norm.

If this is not enough to provide a great recommendation, we have more. We realized after checking out and at our next stop, that we had left our tablet behind. The housekeeping staff had found it a turned it into the office. Before we could call, we already had a phone message at home from Hannah letting us know that it had been found and was in their office. She offered to mail it to us, but we preferred to pick it up on our return through Tampa so we could thank the staff, which we did.

We were fortunate to having stayed with people of high character, superior service and sincere customer appreciation. We will certainly stay with them again if we have an opportunity!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Address: 8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
#2 Romantic Hotel in Tampa
#2 Family Hotel in Tampa
#16 Business Hotel in Tampa
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites New Tampa i-75 Bruce b. Downs
Holiday Inn Express Tampa
Holiday Inn Tampa

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.