We stayed at this hotel strictly based off the reviews on tripadvisor. Since then we have seen the few recent not so nice reviews. Here is my/our families opinion:
Is it a 5 start hotel? Is it the Four Season or even a Hyatt for that matter? Answer: No.
Is it a great value for the money and the level of service they give you = absolutely!
Is it far from Busch Gardens? About 5 miles away. We liked being just a little bit away in a more quiet and safer area then right next to BG. For some a positive but for others a negative.
One recent post stated: No closet, just hangers. THE NERVE of Holiday Inn Express for not putting a door on their little closet area. You made that poor family suffer having to look at their clothes every time they walked past them :-)
The beds could be a little softer and the pillows were OK.
We would stay at this hotel again if we visited Tampa to go to Busch Gardens and/or the MOSI Museum. The value of this hotel for our family of 4 (when you include the breakfast) was great and their level of service compared to a normal Holiday Inn Express is top notch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find out why New Tampa is the 'Place To Be' The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is closest in New Tampa to Busch Gardens and University of South Florida (USF). This beautiful Hotel & Suites is located in the pristine 'New Tampa' area of Tampa and is easy to get to at I-75 exit 270. The hotel is close to everything; yet it is nestled in a peaceful nature preserve area. New Tampa is exciting, clean, fresh and new with over 15 restaurants and 5 golf courses. From the hotel you can walk to the new 20 screen movie theater, restaurants and shopping.This Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is recognized as having one of the best guest service ratings of any hotel in the country. It features a heated outdoor pool with lushly landscaped grounds, free high-speed Internet access in all rooms, wireless access in public areas, a business center, fitness center and the hotel s own putting green. The 27 suites also include a wet bar and 47" TV's. Executive suites & presidential suites feature Jacuzzi tubs, glass enclosed showers and multiple TV sets. This is the closest Express in New Tampa to Busch Gardens, USF-University of South Florida, DTCC, T-Mobile, USAA, Verizon, Coca-Cola, Achieve Global, Washington Mutual, JLM Industries, Telecom Park, Hidden River, Highwoods Preserve, Museum of Science & Industry, Moffitt Cancer Center and more. Pets under 35lbs are allowed in a limited number of guest rooms with a $50 deep clean fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites New Tampa i-75 Bruce b. Downs
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa
- Holiday Inn Tampa