Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Central Florida
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2008

We stayed at this hotel strictly based off the reviews on tripadvisor. Since then we have seen the few recent not so nice reviews. Here is my/our families opinion:

Is it a 5 start hotel? Is it the Four Season or even a Hyatt for that matter? Answer: No.

Is it a great value for the money and the level of service they give you = absolutely!

Is it far from Busch Gardens? About 5 miles away. We liked being just a little bit away in a more quiet and safer area then right next to BG. For some a positive but for others a negative.

One recent post stated: No closet, just hangers. THE NERVE of Holiday Inn Express for not putting a door on their little closet area. You made that poor family suffer having to look at their clothes every time they walked past them :-)

The beds could be a little softer and the pillows were OK.

We would stay at this hotel again if we visited Tampa to go to Busch Gardens and/or the MOSI Museum. The value of this hotel for our family of 4 (when you include the breakfast) was great and their level of service compared to a normal Holiday Inn Express is top notch.

• Liked — Great Value
  • Disliked — Beds and pillows could be a little better
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family

371 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
New Haven CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2008

My girlfriend and I just spent for nights here. Breakfast every morning was fantastic. Wasn't exactly the same everyday which was nice. Fantastic Thai/sushi place next door ( called something like sukhothai) . Overall could not have asked for anything more. Hotwire package deal went off without a hitch. Also, free ice cream in lobby every night. Decent gym and pool which was small, outside, and heated. Great place to stay.

• Liked — free breakfast
  • Disliked — smallish pool but really not a gripe
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
california
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2008

I am writing about my experience with this hotel. I cannot believe that people will consider this the number 1 hotel in Tampa. There is NO WAY that this can be true! We stayed in various hotels in Tampa in the last year and this one was by far the WORSE experience of all.

The first time we stayed at Grand Hyatt Tampa, near the airport. Wonderful, wonderful hotel, we got a great deal during the summer time.

Next time we stayed at Hyatt Place next to Busch Gardens.

Then we had to come back again for a 3rd visit in Tampa. This time we checked the reviews on tripadvisor.com and decided that we will give a chance to this hotel, Holiday Inn Express. It was the worse decision we ever made traveling to Tampa. And let me tell you why. When we arrived, they gave us a room right away. The check-in was very easy and we went up to our room right away. But when we arrived in the room, we were in shock! This is the number 1 hotel in Tampa? This must be a joke! The ceiling had a stain of rain right above my bed. There was NO CLOSET in the room, just hangers! There were stains on the carpet and the worse part of all was the beds! We were very tired so we went to bed right away. I mean we were trying to go to bed, but the beds were so hard, we couldn’t even believe it. I mean, it was like sleeping on wood with some blankets on top of it! It was that bad and I am not exaggerating. If you don’t care to sleep in a bed that is hard as a rock, then I guess this is the number 1 hotel in Tampa. Then I was trying to put my clothes in the drawers and there were stains of some black mold in the drawers. It was just a nightmare.

Yes, it is true, they give you free water when you arrive, yes they do have breakfast in the morning – but nothing to die for: bacon, bagels, cinnamon rolls, and eggs. Wrong, this hotel is not close to Bush Gardens, the Hyatt Place is. Go to mapquest.com in check it out for yourself. And about safety: the hotel is not locking the doors during the night. Other hotels are locking the front door during the night, but not this one. I don’t think that this hotel is very safe. And no ice: we had to go 2 floors down for ice; it was no ice machine on our floor. The TV that we had in the room looked like an old outdated 1980’s television. The room felt very small, we had no space to move around at all. Overall, it was a horrible experience and we will never stay there again. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else!

We came to the conclusion that we have to switch hotels. So we switched hotels right away and we went to the Hilton Homewood Suites in Brandon. It was like going from hell to heaven and I am not exaggerating at all.

Thanks for taking the time to read this review and I hope that I can help some people not to go through what we went through at this horrible hotel, Holiday Inn Express/New Tampa.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Stamford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2008

I have a feeling that this hotel knows about their number one rating on TripAdvisor and aims to keep it.

From the moment we arrived we were treated like welcome guests beginning with a choice of free beer or bottled water at check in.

The room was spacious and clean with a comfortable bed featuring a variety of pillows.

In the evening ice cream bars are downstairs for visitors to enjoy and the breakfast is one of the best free ones I've ever seen. There are little cheese omelets and delicious cinnamon buns.

There's also free internet downstairs.

The area has tons of restaurants and stores and Busch Gardens is about a 15 minute drive away.

I would absolute stay here again and I'm happy to recommend it!

• Liked — The helpful and friendly staff!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2008

From the time I entered the hotel, the staff did all possible to ensure I had a wonderful stay. I was even offered a refreshment (a bottle of ice water or beer!). In addition, a complimentary ice cream treat was offered every night. Check in was very quick. The room was very clean; everything was in good working order. The bed was very luxurious. In the morning, I found the complimentary breakfast quite nice; although for those of us who can't eat eggs, a pancake or waffle option would be nice in addition to the bacon, sausage, yogurt, milk, juices, bagels, etc. A Tampa newspaper was also complimentary and delivered every morning. The service at this hotel was truly exceptional, the type you would hope to find at a Ritz-Carlton, Manderin Oriental, Peninsula, Four Seasons -type property. Everyone was friendly and a true professional. Always with a pleasant word and a smile! I was even offered a refreshment one night when I came back exceptionally tired from work. At check out, the bill was correct and with no surprises.

• Liked — The exceptional Service staff
  • Disliked — The eggs at breakfast
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Vancouver bc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

I wanted to make sure I wrote and told you what a great hotel this is. The customer Service was fabulous! We arrived early and were offered our rooms right away. Everyone at this hotel was helpful and courteous. It must of been hard on the staff as they were full with Lacrosse teams from all over. They handled it graciously and hats off to them all. The rooms were clean and spacious. The area was great for shopping of all kind.

I would stay here again!

• Liked — Clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed January 2007
Hewlett, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2007

As a female business traveler who is alone much of the time, I am very choosy about where I stay. This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. The first time was two years ago and on both occasions I was pleased. The hotel is extremely clean, the rooms comfortable and the staff very friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast has many offerings. There is a large choice of restaurants and stores nearby and I felt very safe traveling alone.

• Liked — Clean and safe
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Address: 8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
#2 Family Hotel in Tampa
#2 Romantic Hotel in Tampa
#3 Luxury Hotel in Tampa
#3 Spa Hotel in Tampa
#18 Business Hotel in Tampa
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites New Tampa i-75 Bruce b. Downs
Holiday Inn Express Tampa
Holiday Inn Tampa

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.