Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #2 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Havana, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Traveling back to the States from overseas can be a pain, especially with 2 young kids. I emailed the hotel and received a helpful and immediate response. Upon arrival we were greeted by a friendly staff and a clean, nice establishment with fantastic perks (free beer or water at check in, great breakfast, free ice cream bars were awesome!). We did the "presidential suite" 2 bedrooms, one bathroom. It was spacious and quiet. The staff went out of their way to be friendly and accomidating. We spent 3 days at Busch Gardens and the drive was really no hassle, minus the traffic due to construction. The hotel is located in an area with lots of shops and restaurants, perfect for what we were looking for. We will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Davie, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed with our travel lacrosse teams for two nights and they were perfect hosts. Judy gave everyone a marvelous welcome. Check in was easy. The rooms were clean and well equipped. The breakfast was very good. The kids enjoyed the heated pool. WIFI worked great. Location near tons of restaurants. All around great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Grimsby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights. It was #1 for Tampa, so we knew it'd be a safe choice - and it was. It's hard to be disappointed but at the same time, don't expect to be bowled over by anything other than great service (and the service was good!)

Judy on the front desk was awesome - very friendly, and the beer on arrival was a nice touch.

The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and the location was pretty good - restaurants across the street, and a movie theatre the next building over.

My problem was just that this is a little expensive. The rate was $115 + tax for a pre-paid. What did I get for the rate? An average room for Florida - clean and functional, but nothing fancy. The breakfast was lacklustre - bacon was greasy and chewy, items were renewed slowly, and there was either bacon or sausage available on different days -- never both together. I expected a full hot breakfast but what I got was something that fell short of Denny's.

Things like the welcome drink on arrival and the free ice cream sandwich served in the lobby at the evening are nice touches, but that's all they are. What did they cost the hotel, maybe $1-2 a piece? This was a $79 hotel at best. A beer and an ice cream doesn't warrant a $40/night overage!

I suppose I may have given this 4/5, but I transferred to a local apartment for $65/night with 2 beds + 2 baths on VRBO, and the place was exceptional... so that made realize just how much we were overpaying here.

Nice stay, but nothing special.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Springsteen Fan,

Thanks so much for your compliments and feedback. Our goal is to provide exceptional quality and service and we invest more in every area of our operation to make that happen.

I also want to let you know that our extended stay rates are very much in line with short-term apartment rentals, and if you have a similar need in the future, we would love to be of service. For future overnight stays, we have several discount programs available, like "Book Early and Save" and honor traditional membership discounts like AAA Auto Club.

Finally, thank you for your compliments about our team. They work tirelessly to make you travels happy and stress-free. If there is anything, I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best Wishes for a Happy Relocation!
George Sandona, General Manager
Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night, having flown in to Tampa International. The hotel was within easy access of the airport - it took us about 40 minutes following the excellent Mapquest directions. Check in was slick, and the complimentary beers slipped down a treat. Our room was large and meticulously clean. Wifi worked perfectly. The kingsized bed was very comfortable, provided with a choice of firm and soft pillows. There was no noise at all in the corridor or from neighbouring rooms.

In the morning, we went down to the breakfast room. A buffet stand offered a selection of different foods, with cooked options including scrambled eggs and bacon. I managed to produce a pancake from the pancake machine (every home should have one) with the assistance of the kind attendant. However, the only fruit available was over-ripe bananas and the fruit juice was very watery - more akin to squash. The clientele seemed to be of the 'grab-and-go' persuasion, making the experience similar to eating in a works canteen. Not the hotel's fault, clearly. Merely an observation.

Check out was as painless as checking in - convivial and efficient.

Room Tip: We were at the end of a corridor on the third floor. This was a very quiet room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
georgeathisuites, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thanks so much for choosing our hotel and the compliments about our service. Your feedback on the breakfast is well-received and we will be improving in those areas today.

If I can assist you on any future stays, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Wishing you Happy Travels,
George Sandona, General Manager
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

After a long day on the road, this place has a fabulous welcome. Not only is Judy a welcoming, effusive and entertaining host she also hands you a cold drink of your choice. So in my case I was already relaxing by the time I got to my clean, spacious and well equipped room. Amenities are very good and with a short walk you have shops and several good food outlets, so you don't have to drive out to find a meal. Very hospitable and well equipped hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We had a great stay at this hotel. The location is quiet en still interesting, driving distance to Busch Gardens and Ybor City (which we wanted to visit) was reasonable and some nice restaurants in the area. The receptionist was very helpful in giving us information and the manager had a pleasant chat with us at breakfast and inquired if there was anything they could do to make our stay even more comfortable. Next time in Tampa, this will be our first choice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hockessin, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Everything about this hotel was outstanding! My room was very clean and very well maintained. The staff was extremely courteous, professional, and overly friendly. The breakfast was delicious. The pool was clean and the perfect temperature. I would absolutely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Address: 8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#2 On the Beach Hotel in Tampa
#2 Family Hotel in Tampa
#2 Spa Hotel in Tampa
#3 Romantic Hotel in Tampa
#14 Business Hotel in Tampa
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites New Tampa i-75 Bruce b. Downs
Holiday Inn Express Tampa
Holiday Inn Tampa

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.