Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Ne Ohio
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We have never stayed in such a nice place with such friendly staff! This place is a partner hotel of Busch Gardens & had a great deal so we chose it. Even though it is 9 miles from Busch, it is in a very safe location and well worth the drive.

First we met Sara, a very friendly & bubbly desk clerk who welcomed us like we were family. Then in the evening, we met Judy...very much the same & also like family. We stayed 3 nights, beginning on Christmas Eve and we awoke to a stocking stuffed with goodies outside our door.

At breakfast Christmas morning...nice hot one by the way...we saw a nice man addressing many guests and I thought he was promoting a time-share or something. NOT SO! He was the manager, George, who was wishing everyone a Merry Christmas & asking us how our stay was. He sat down at our table & we talked with him about so many things it was like he was family as well. Home away from home...that's what it was like. Do your family a favor...stay here if you are in the area even if not going to Busch Gardens. The room and amenities are the best and the price was well within our range! Thanks Everyone at New Tampa! Happy New Year to you all!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

374 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Lots of hotels post signs about "customer service", but they're just signs. This place truly takes it seriously. The rooms looked pretty much like any other Holiday Inn, but in a good way. Functional, clean, just as you'd expect. Where the hotel excels is on customer service. Very friendly staff at the front desk -- but it feels genuine, not forced. The free drinks at check in, free ice cream at night -- definately help. Great location if you're going to Busch Gardens -- close, but still in a nice neighborhood with lots of choices for places to eat. Would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

As other reviewers have said, the customer service is what sets this hotel apart. The manager sat down with us to help us plan a great day at Busch Gardens, and the staff gathered small presents when they heard it was our son's birthday. The drinks on arrival is a great touch. Room and bathroom were very clean, lots of restaurants in the immediate area and convenient to Tampa attractions. I would return again any time I went back to Tampa.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Butler, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

My company had a two week, training session in Tampa at this hotel. So for two weeks, this was my home away from home. Having said that, let me start by saying I can't think of anything negative to report. The hotel staff was AWESOME, the rooms were clean and well maintained, the food was outstanding and did I mention the staff was AWESOME!!! If I ever have a chance to go back to Tampa, there is no doubt where my hotel reservations will be made.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

as soon as i walked in i was greeted with excellent service A.J and judy and the manager on duty helped me with food, drink and perfect hospitality. the best i have had in any hotel these people are great the room is cozey i would not have it any other way thanks guys... holiday in express.. 8310 galbraith raod tampa fl, 33647

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

The customer service at this hotel was some of the best I have ever experienced anywhere, right from the moment we walked in the door to check in. We had made reservations at this hotel for a friend's wedding over the phone, which was very easy and pleasant. They let us upgrade our room once we got there and offered us complimentary beer on check-in. I was in heaven! I would highly recommend this hotel for any type of stay, whether you are looking for a block of rooms or just one. All of the staff that we had contact with were wonderful, friendly, and beyond helpful. They even gave me an iPhone charger when I forgot mine. They really brought customer service to a whole new level. They have earned 6 stars in my book, and I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The presidential sweet was worth every penny! Complimentary beer/water provided on check in.