“They really went the extra mile to make sure we were happy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Acworth, Georgia
“They really went the extra mile to make sure we were happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

We initially booked this room with the understanding that the Presidential Suite had a kitchenette. It did but the term does not mean it had an oven or stove. It did not. It had a sink, with a microwave and half refrigerator. We called to verify and the person at the hotel said that it had a full refrigerator. Long story short, we had planned on being able to prepare meals in the room to save money. This did not work out short of microwave meals. This was a disappointment.

The Presidential Suite was nice. It was not the Ritz but it was clean, comfortable and roomy. We had 2 adults and 3 children ages 8, 5 and 2. The Suite contained 2 bedrooms with a King Size bed in each and a pull out sofabed in the living room. We did not use the living room sofabed as the 3 kids fit in the one room just fine.

One big disappointment was that the bedroom on the far end of the Suite had an oversized door. Hence - the door would NOT close because of its size and the King Size bed being in the way. Whose bright idea was that? Someone had to realize that at some point and just shrugged - oh well. The big Oh Well is that the persons in this bedroom will get no privacy!

The Suite has a large and roomy bathroom with a Large Whirlpool Garden tub and separate shower. Very comfortable! Downside to this bathroom? The lighting over the toilet area is non-existant! If you like reading in the bathroom...better bring an extra light because the light from the vanity area and the one over the shower are not going to do the trick! Another problem in the bathroom - HARD WATER! If you like a fresh clean feeling stepping out of the shower - you will be clean but you will feel the minerals left behind. I realize this is Florida but come on Holiday Inn - get this right! Add a water softener to the water lines!

The beds were very good. I personally own a Sleep number bed so I am not a great person to ask about the comfort of the bed - nothing compares. But overall the beds were very clean and comfortable. They probably rate up there with Sheraton and Ritz.

The pool area and pool is exceptionally maintained! Very manicured and it gave the feeling of a resort. Too bad no one was serving drinks! They did a very good job at maintaining the chemicals in the pool.

The Fitness Center - VERY SMALL. Only a few machines and the room was very narrow. They really should rethink this!

Ice Machines are only available on Floors 1,2 and 3. Why not the 4th Floor? It was inconvenient to have to constantly go to the 3rd floor for ice.

They serve Ice Cream EVERY night between 8 and 10 pm. This was a very nice treat. Ice cream consisted of ice cream sandwiches, klondike bars, various flavors of icee, and several other varieties. Again - a very nice treat and a plus for the kids!

Upon arrival, they treat the adults to adult beverages of bottles of beer. Another nice treat especially after a long hot day of driving. Different varieties were available.

They do offer a full breakfast daily in their breakfast area. Each day was different. Some days were omelettes, others were scrambled eggs with bacon, biscuits, gravy. They changed it up every day. Cereal was always available as were pancakes. They actually had a machine that made fresh pancakes for you. Really a neat idea.

The only problem we had in the breakfast area was on Monday. The young ladies in the back were not keeping up with the demand for food in the dining area. They also were not keeping up with the garbage cans that were filling to capacity. I spoke with Lois at the front counter in the lobby. She immediately corrected the situation and it never occurred again during our stay. She was extremely apologetic and went the extra mile to make us happy. She provided an in room movie free on any night of our choosing. That was nice for the kids. It meant a lot that she checked up on us consistantly after that incident to make sure everything was going well. You don't find that kind of treatment even in 5-Star hotels very often!

Judy was another person we found extremely friendly and helpful. She remembered us by name. She even remembered our kids names! Who does that anymore? Kudos to both Judy and Lois for going the extra mile to make sure we were happy.

Overall? This was a great hotel to stay at if you are going to be visiting attractions in the Busch Gardens area. They are a Busch Gardens preferred hotel. It is a great hotel for Kids and business elites alike. It is a comfortable hotel at a good price. The hotel is well kept and you will like what you find.

Room Tip: Kingsize beds overlook the pool!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Westland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

This place is just awesome. It is a very nice and clean hotel. Rooms are spacious and very nicely furnished. There is a beautifully landscaped pool area. Their breakfast is the best we've had when it comes to the upgraded continental breakfast variety. We booked this hotel because of their partnership with Busch Gardens and we got a great deal on the room with their free night promotion. My wife and I also each got a cold beer at check in - that's a first and it was a very nice touch. The best part of our stay was the service and the staff. Judy, Sarah and Ritchie went out of their way to make our stay an enjoyable one. It felt like we were with family. Kudos to the management for attracting and retaining such superb staff.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Wellington, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

When I first read the rave reviews for this hotel I thought they were a bit inflated.
It turns out that the reviews are not even close to describing how good this place is.
The staff was simply adorable and genuinely concerned for our needs. The room was extremely clean and odor free (a common occurance with carpeted floors). The bathroom as clean as my own at home. The high speed internet access was included in the price and works perfectly. Breakfast is just perfect and you can eat all you want. And last but not least, location, location, location. Everything you can think of is nearby (parks, restaurants, shops, and even a Muvico 20 at walking distance from the hotel. Since the hotel is located a block away from the main road in a wooded area, the place is extremely quiet and perfect for relaxing. Ice cream is free every evening and you can have as much as you want. A complementary newspaper is deliver to your door every morning. We recommend the Busch Gardens / Adventure Island Package with two-night stay and get one free. I would like to mention three persons in particular, who made our stay comfortable and happy: Louise and Sarah at the front desk and Nicole at the breakfast area. What an adorable trio! This hotel proves that you do not need to stay at a fancy hotel and pay a fortune to have all the luxury comforts, and for a fraction of the price. For our family, the is no other place to stay in Tampa but this hotel from now on.

Room Tip: 2- night stay, get one free with park tickets incl
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

Stayed there with my son for 6 nights. Starting with the check-in, our whole stay was very pleasant. The staff was always very accommodating and super friendly. Judy, Brainy, Sakah and Richie at the desk were very impressive.
The hotel's special package including admission to Busch Gardens is a good deal.
The only place I could see a minor improvement was the breakfast, it could have included more fruits and also real eggs. The breakfast staff was excellent though, always making sure all food is replenished and they kept the breakfast going past the posted time.

Room Tip: Found a coupon in Google maps for an upgrade.
  • Stayed March 2011
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

We got a great deal on this hotel with a Busch Gardens vacation package. This hotel is well maintained and clean. The staff was exceptional and very friendly.

Upon arrival we were fortunate to receive an early check in and upgrade to a roomy suite. Once we arrived at the property, Lourdes gave us a warm welcome and provided us with a lot of helpful information about the park etc.

Although most of our time was spent at Adventure Island and Busch Gardens, we did spend a little time in the pool and it was very nice. I can see why this hotel has received such high ratings on TripAdvisor. And they are all well deserved.

We really enjoyed our stay!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Markham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

Let me start off by saying that some previous reviews of this Holiday Inn location were totally wrong. I booked this hotel for many reasons including reviews from not only this site but many others. When you arrive and get acquainted with the surrounding area you will understand. With two young children you want a safe area for them to walk around and just explore and that’s what we found. There is everything from shopping to theme parks close by and a lot of restaurants where children can eat for free. We spent most of our time at Busch Gardens, The Florida Aquarium and The Lowry Zoo and had a great time at all of these locations. Now on to the Hotel....Check in was great, no problems or hassles and for us guys a nice (free) cold beer was offered at the front desk. My kids even got free ice-cream every evening of our stay. Our room was also excellent, it was clean and tidy and up to date (So I have no idea what people were talking about in previous reviews). Every Morning the hotel had breakfast ready, eggs, bacon, sausage and pancakes (You make these yourself fresh; my kids loved them) there was juice, milk coffee or tea. Also, there is fresh coffee available all day, which is great for the coffee lover. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. If you like Thai Food, a great place you can walk to is across the street. All in all we really enjoyed our stay here and will recommend this Hotel to our friends...Also I should mention the pool is perfect, they keep it nice and warm all the time.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

I stayed in Holiday inn for a month and half and the most compelling thing that I found is friendly staff and their service. Variety breakfast was served every day. The rooms are well equipped with a decent kitchenette. I wanted additional vessels, cutter and microwavable bowls and just mentioned about it with the front desk staff. It was ready when I returned back from office. Beverages and ice creams were provided free every day which I don't find it a common practice. They also provided free passes to Busch gardens to my colleagues which otherwise would have costs $80 per person. This place is a definite yes for me and would like to stay if I happen to visit this place again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Address: 8310 Galbraith Road, I-75 (exit 270) at Bruce B Downs Bl., Tampa, FL 33647
Location: United States > Florida > Tampa
#1 Family Hotel in Tampa
#2 Romantic Hotel in Tampa
#13 Business Hotel in Tampa
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites New Tampa i-75 Bruce b. Downs
Holiday Inn Express Tampa
Holiday Inn Tampa

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Tampa I-75 Bruce B. Downs, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.