“Sham & a waste” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 13 Theater & Concerts in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking to Solve the Case of the Perfect Party?Here's a clue! The Murder Mystery Company is the nation's most popular, interactive, mystery troupe.
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Sham & a waste”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

It says on the tickets gratuity is not included... however it doesn't say that you will be slapped with a $9 per person fee AFTER paying for your ticket!! Poor food quality, poor acting, poor business practice. DON'T DO IT!!

Visited May 2013

Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Waste of time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

They cram you into this room and the seating is tight and hardly any table space. The only things to drink are water, unsweet ice tea, beer and wine. The food was average but there are no condiments like salt, pepper, sugar, steak sauce. One waitress seemed to be doing all the work for like 100 people. The appetizers were a joke, $7 for some slices of bread and chopped tomatoes (Bruschetta). On top of the meal you are served with a bill for gratuity of $9 a person, which equates to a meal price of $100.

Then the show itself...well there are 3 actors and all of the suspects are played by someone in the audience. It didn't seem to be on a volunteer basis, people were just tagged and given a book with their lines. No one was reading the book, there was no clue finding.

Waste of time.

Visited May 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“AVOID THIS SHOW!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This murder mystery is extremely over-priced. The food is a joke, and the acting is too!! One guest at each table is compelled to act as a character, rather than having the opportunity to sit back and enjoy a show. The seating is horrendous. My husband and I were seated across from each other at the end of table with a family of six. On the other hand, there was one table with only two guests. Meanwhile, my I was seated with my back to most of the action, and had to turn to see what was going on.

The bolagnese sauce was watery, and my husband said that the chicken was clearly processed. Gratuity at $9.00 per person is insane!!!

I wish I could get my money back, and have not intentions of returning!!!

Visited March 2013
New Port Richey, Florida
31 attraction reviews
“The show was okay, the dinner was awful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Well, you don't really go to these things for the food, but it was really sub-par. We had a Groupon, but, even at half-price, I don't think we got a good value for our money. There was a lack of coordination from the time we walked through the door. Our party never had a group photo taken. We were seated at a table at the far end of the room that did not include the sheet of instructions of how the evening would progress. We were finally moved closer to the center of the room, but, even with this move, the murder occurred with the victim's back to us, so we couldn't see what really happened. We had other guests questioning us for information before we were even given our bio sheet.

The meal was secibd-rate. The only good point, the appetizers, available at extra charge. The entrées were pasta with Bolognese sauce or pasta with chicken in a white cream sauce. They could have done better with frozen entrées from Costco. Our table was the last to be served every course, and the murder investigation was started before we finished dinner. The comment made was, "Most everyone is done eating, and, if you're not, you're nearly finished." We weren't. And they didn't even serve coffee. All things considered, we were made to feel like an afterthought.

As I said, the best part of the meal was the appetizers, for which we paid extra. And our extra charges, two glasses of wine, two appetizers, and the gratuity, cost as much as the dinner and show...

It was a diverting evening, but It wasn't worth the price of admission.

Visited March 2013
Palm Harbor, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Total rip off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Food served was slop. Many hidden fees. Menu on website said choices were baked chicken or baked fish. When we were there, you had a choice of pasta with red sauce or pasta with white sauce. No baked chicken, no fish. Please, please, please never go there. They are liars and cheats. I want my money and many time back. I'll never get either. Don't be a sucker like me.