“My Stay Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Hinesville, Georgia, United States
“My Stay Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I recently went on a business trip in the Tampa area & stayed at the La Quinta Inn Tampa South for a few weeks. All of the staff was very accommodating, but the amazing Aussie lady Jodee is definitely the one who made my stay memorable! She was so personable & friendly that I felt I'd made a friend instantly and will indeed stay at this hotel again because of her. I had very few issues during my stay, but she made sure I was well taken care of. So I encourage anyone searching online for a nice place to stay with great staff to give this hotel a chance. You won't regret it! And remember to see Jodee, she's a hard working lady who deserves a loud "G-day Mate" on your way in!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We visited my brother who is stationed at the AFB in Tampa Bay. We stayed at the La Quinta Inn on Gandy Blvd, we arrived very late or early morning and were greeted by the most gracious employee, Jodee. My mother has problems with her back and can't sleep in a bed she has to sleep in chairs. Jodee helped us come up with a solution and brought chairs to our room. She was very helpful in setting up everything for our week long stay. She brought in blankets, sheets and pillows to help my mother be the most comfortable that she could. She didn't complain and always had a smile on her face. She made our stay with her hospitality and kindness. We wouldn't have had as great of a stay if she hadn't been there. She was incredible in all the ways described above and she asked us every time she saw us if my mother was okay or if there was anything else she could do to help. I have stayed at La Quinta before but she made our vacation that much better. Thank you so much for the experience and we will definitly be staying with La Quinta again, if all of the employees are as accomadating as she was.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Staff was extremely accommodating. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. On the negative side, there seemed to be a "musty" smell coming from the room air conditioner. Breakfast selection was fine. Great value for the money and would recommend it to a friend.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

My husband and I have been staying at this property for the last ten years. While there are many other hotels/inns in the Tampa area to choose from, we find this LQ meets our needs in every way. The staff is caring, friendly, welcoming and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The location is convenient to hospitals, malls, the airport and of course great restaurants. We have a Tempur-pedic adjustable mattress' at home ... the beds at La Quinta Inn Tampa South are every bit as comfortable so we don't even miss our beds when we are away from :-)..

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stay have stayed and will continue to stay at Laquinta for 50-100 nights per year over the past 15 years. This location is in desperate need of air conditioning maintainence/replacement. I never complain and maybe once or twice through the years I have requested room changes, but Monday night July 2, 2012 I was forced to move to 4 different rooms. By the way the person on duty was as nice as could be and mentioned several guests had requested and been relocated from room 116. The a/c air handeling unit in the corridor ceiling was so loud I thought a wash machine on the floor above me was out of balance causing all of the shaking, vibration, and noise. The desk person told me she had observed the windows in room 116 vibrating.

I was then moved to room 302 at the other end of the building and as I walked down the hallway i coluld here the thru wall unit at the end of the corridor roaring. I then enter the room (we are talkin close to midnight after having driven 240 miles Monday and attended meetings in Ft Myers and St Pete) and the units in room 302 was unacceptably loud, as verified by the very nice LaQuinta emplyee. I was then relocated to a third room which had no operational air conditing and then finally to room 316 again which had no a/c running, but she turned it on and stated the room should be cooled down in about 30 minutes. At his point I was so tired I would have tried to sleep in the lobby.

These thru wall units with control switches on the units are outdated and most every place I have stayed recently have a thermostat. It is my opinion that this facility is the worst maintained LaQuinta I have ever stayed at and I will go out of my way to not stay there again. If Laquinta has any type of inspection program this facitity need to be evaluated and corrected.

Needless to say I virtually had no sleep that evening and was not rested nor sharp for meetings in Tampa, Port Charlotte, and my eventual return home July 3rd for the holiday.

I did want to commend the emloyee who was extremely professional thur this uncomfortable situation.

Dvaid Austin

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Tampa South? Share your experiences!