“Worth The Extra Bucks To Sleep Clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4312 W Spruce St, Tampa, FL 33607 (Formerly Extended StayAmerica Tampa - West Shore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #82 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Worth The Extra Bucks To Sleep Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here for one night unexpectedly. I had frequented the Memorial Hwy location, but since they've become extremely unclean recently, I decided to put up the extra bucks to stay here. SO HAPPY I did. Granted, at night it was a bit louder (not by much though) than Memorial Hwy, but it is SOOO much cleaner! The hallways, the staff (the manager talked to me for over an hour the next morning making sure my stay was pleasant) the breakfast selection area, our room from kitchen to bathroom to beds...all much much cleaner! So I paid roughly $12 more, as I used a 20% off online coupon and it was was worth the extra bucks to sleep clean.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor seems quieter
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Mililani Town, Hawaii, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have like Extended Stay America hotels and I have spent a lot of money staying in them. I mean A LOT.

However whoever is training the cleaning and maintenance staff is overlooking an extremely important issue. Being that this is a hotel we guests come from ALL different times zones and life styles. I come from Hawaii and I am 6 hours behind so I stay up very late being that my body is still on Hawaii time.

They have ZERO consideration for the guests sense of peace and quiet. I mean ZERO.
Their staff is very loud and expect to be a awaken very early even on Sundays.

Another issue Is that if you're a woman traveling alone they always give you a bad room like a first floor in a transient area. I do not know why they do that. I am a very good customer of these hotels. And every time I have to ask and almost try to deal a better room.

Corporations put their employees on these hotels and I think they give them priority. But I spent ridiculous amount of money and they should not discriminate in who gets the better rooms.

These hotels are convenient and they are reasonably priced. But if you want a quiet hotel and rest is important to you. They show ZERO consideration to the guests. You will not get much sleep here.

Room Tip: No telling. If you're a woman traveling alone you are going to have to talk to them for them to...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Quiet, well-kept, good service, comfortable rooms. It is low budget without the low budget feel! Perfect for saving $ yet feeling comfortable. The continental Bfast only has muffins, granola bars, fruit, coffee...get there early or you will not get anything, they do not refill! If you really need Bfast do not stay here! To save $ I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Was very sad upon arrival to see that the super star staff I am use to seeing are almost all gone. Especially the manager Jessica. I think there are doing major changes around there cause the staff couldnt find anything that is usually at hand. I hope when i return things will be some what back to normal. overall i always have a great stay here.

Room Tip: ciorner rooms 117 217 317
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Everything at this hotel was great, It is in a very convenient location. The hotel is modern, clean and quiet .The beds are so comfortable. It has a nice free breakfast Jessica the manager is very helpful and welcoming. She does way more than any other manager I have seen. There are several superstar front desk employees here including Margi, Gino, Adriana and Dunet, They make you feel welcomed and treat you like family. I always request the same housekeeper Marlin to come in as she was extremely thorough and left my room spotless. I will definitely be back to this hotel whenever I am in Tampa, and highly recommend it to those traveling for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: This is awesome because the whole place us smoke free so if your a smoker you will have to go outsid...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Definitely needs major renovations. The walls and ceilings are super thin; could hear other guests even on the top floor (3rd). Kitchen supplies OK; fridge was old/beaten looking. Staff super friendly. Should offer toiletries in rooms instead of at the front desk. Housekeeping not offered for us since we weren't staying 8+ days: this was odd and should be remedied. There's much room to grow for this hotel, but as it stands it is a nice, average hotel for a good price.
I suggest adding hair dryers/toiletries in the rooms instead of at the front desk, adding housekeeping service for stays 4 or more days long, remodeling the kitchenettes with more updated and clean looking appliances (our oven fan only worked on high, and the light only came on sometimes; our fridge had a dent in the freezer door and one of our ice trays looked stained and old), adding a sheer curtain between the blackout curtain and the window, adding "real" closets to the rooms instead of a pull back curtain in the corner, and installing a continental breakfast bar in a separate kitchen/dining facility. Minor renovations, but could serve the hotel well in the future!
We were pleasantly satisfied with our stay here, and definitely think this hotel has some room to grow.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very cheap construction (paper thin walls/floors), you hear every single thing that people do or say in the other rooms, if you stay on the ground floor you will hear very loud noises (steps and cabinet/doors closing) from the people staying above you, and this happens all the time, really annoying, you won't be able to sleep until they decide to go to sleep.
The only thing the staff says is "I'm sorry" but they don't do anything.
If they don't have any other rooms available then you're stuck.
Also, the beds and the carpets are full with bed bugs, I had to make sure to spray the bed and the bed sheets with disinfectant before going to sleep in order no to get stung.
It's the worst hotel that I've stayed in; I guess you get what you pay for anyways.

Room Tip: - Request a room on the top floor. - Spray the bed and bed sheets with disinfectant before going to...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
MG - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the loud noises in your room is truly regrettable; we apologize that you were disturbed by our other guests above and around you. I am so disappointed to read that the level of cleanliness did not meet our company standards and that you were overall unsatisfied with your stay. Please accept my apologies for having to deal with these issues, we are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel's Manager, I will be looking into the comments you made, looking for ways to enhance our cleaning procedures and we will advise guests to choose our higher floors as you suggested.

Please contact me at tws@extendedstay.com if you would like to speak to me directly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street? Share your experiences!