You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4312 W Spruce St, Tampa, FL 33607 (Formerly Extended StayAmerica Tampa - West Shore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #81 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I travel a lot and we are cheap and like expect for our money. This hotel is very nice. Great little kitchen. The bathroom is clean and tidy without any cracks or wear. The room was great.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated our amenities. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here at the end of our honeymoon in Florida because we liked that it was affordable and close to the airport. The rooms appeared clean and well kept, although we noticed a musty/stale odour when we walked in. Unfortunately, our experience was not a pleasant one at this hotel. While taking a nap it felt like something was biting me. I brushed it off and didn't think much of it, my husband said he had the same thing. Upon getting up and using the washroom, I noticed bites all over my backside. There was obviously something in the bed biting me! I'm not sure what it was, and I won't speculate. Thankfully, the staff was helpful and immediately returned our money when we told them the problem and how unhappy we were.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The situation you described regarding your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will work hard to make sure it is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at tws@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

My expectations were not really high, but this was not too bad. The rooms were clean, but had a slight smoky odor to it. There was not much too it and everything was low end, but the price was good. The reason we stayed here was that it was just down the street (within walking distance) to Cigar City Brewing and was in a perfect location if you plan on drinking your fair share of Jai Alai and don't want to drive or pay for a cab. For the location and price I could see myself staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies that your room had a slight smoke odor. Still, we are happy to know that we provided you with a great room at a great rate.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Located in perfect area around TONS of shopping GREAT Restaurants,clean, friendly hotel. Got a early check in and the room was nice, cool, and smoke-free. If you're into adult entertainment, there's alot around. Stayed 5days, Everything was convieniently located within 1 1/2 of hotel. Really cool brewery within walking distance, Whole Foods, Total Wine, Target. Just great for a simple trip. Will be back

Room Tip: 2nd floor east side room. Plenty of sun in room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Charlotte - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such amazing things about our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our location was a great benefit to you. As well, that you enjoyed being able to check-in early to your clean, comfortable room.

Tallahassee, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Hotel was really nice and quiet. The lobby and interior hallways were nice and up-kept with decent modern furniture and such. The room with the kitchenette was nice, roomy and actually had a nice feel and smell. As far as location (which in my opinion is prime) you are near the airport, a nice mall and not too far away from either downtown Tampa or St. Petersburg. One thing that we did worry about was that the hotel's main entrance wasn't secured (with card-key) after-hours. The Grab-and-Go breakfast was okay and would suffice as long as a cup of coffee, maybe a granola bar, cup of cereal or piece of fruit works for you. But overall I'd recommend this hotel and would possibly stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our prime location and our updated room amenities. We strive to provide great rooms at great rates to all of our guests, so it is very rewarding to know that we were able to do this for you!

Thank you again for your kind words and for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The hotel is very close to Tampa International Airport and is a budget hotel in this area. Situated on West Spruce Steet and opposite to the International Plaza. Though there is no attached restaurant, however there is a kitchenette in each room with necessary utensils and appliances like oven, microwave and refrigerator. The staff are very helpful with the typical American show of warmth. The in house laundry is basic and can be used at nominal charges. May I had too great a time in Tampa and Clearwaters with friends hence I am nostalgic about this hotel. Holistically, this hotel just does the job done in budget.

Room Tip: Don't choose a ground floor room if you want more light and sunshine.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a beautiful review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our location being so close to the Airport and the in-room kitchen. As well, thank you for acknowledging our team; we strive to provide great rooms at great rates to all of our guests. It is so rewarding to know that we were able to do this for you!

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Henderson, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I came to Tampa on business for a few weeks, I looked at TA reviews and based on those I read I thought it was a good choice, Wow was I wrong. I guess you can't believe everything you see or read. This is a really bad hotel. Its not in a great area and I did not feel safe at night, Lots of weird people roaming around and suspicious activity in the parking lot after dark.

The room was not even close to what they showed online. Very beat up and lots of smells in and around the property, Nothing appeared as it was presented. I would not recommend this hotel for any single woman. I just didn't feel safe after dark.

If your looking for a safe long term stay and a clean room, this is not it. I wish I knew where the so called pictures were of as there sure didn't match the ones on ES website. MISLEADING!

Room Tip: No good rooms!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Jenny - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. It upsets me to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please know, that it is never our intention to mislead anyone when it comes to our guest rooms. I am very sorry that your room did not look like the online photos. In response, I have spoken with my staff about the importance of meeting guests expectations when it comes to cleanliness, ensuring our rooms are in-line with our website offerings.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at tws@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street? Share your experiences!