“Good budget friendly hotel - clean rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4312 W Spruce St, Tampa, FL 33607 (Formerly Extended StayAmerica Tampa - West Shore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #76 of 159 hotels in Tampa
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Good budget friendly hotel - clean rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This hotel is often the lowest priced in the airport/International Plaza area. THe rooms were recently re-done and clean and modern. There is no restaurant or any amenities, but the mall is just a short walk or drive away.

Room Tip: They all seem the same to me!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and that you considered us to be a great value. We hope to see you again soon, should your travels bring you back to our area!

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Clarkston, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We chose this motel because of it's convenient location and room size and amenities. The facility is somewhat dated but very clean. The front desk staff was very helpful and courteous. The room was also somewhat dated but clean and fairly large. Room had a kitchen with range and refrigerator, and plenty of storage space if staying for a few days. There were ironing board and iron but no blow dryer. The front desk had blow dryers available on request. Our overall impression was that this was a good room for the price, especially if you need to stay for more than overnight. It's not fancy, but definitely fit our needs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Mr Donald, I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property and sharing your experience with us. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you felt our hotel was a perfect fit for your travel needs. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Our stay was great, this is our second year back and Extended Stay America did not disappoint us. Our room was ready early for check in and the staff gladly gave us towels when we needed more.
We loved Margi at the front desk, she always had a smile on her face.

• Stayed January 2013
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review of our property. It's feedback like yours that inspires us to continue providing excellent service day after day. We loved having you guys back this year, and hope to see you again next year!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is one of , if not the best Extended Stays that I have ever stayed at. It is so clean and new looking. It is close to everything in Tampa that is important, the malls, the stadiums, the airport and the casino(15 minutes away) . I stayed here for several nights and all the staff were wonderful and could not do enough for me. The manager of the hotel Jessica does an amazing job, she is very involved and approachable for anything you need. Every member of her team is always on their "A" game especially Margie, who is a very pleasnt young lady who works at the desk. I will definitly stay here again. The price is very affordable as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
James B, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel. We are so happy that you had a wonderful stay and are thrilled to hear that we met and exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to the Tampa Bay area.
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Loved our stay at this hotel! My husband and I recently stayed here and our experience was so delightful that I just had to share it with others and write a review. The lobby area was clean and we felt very welcomed. The staff was so friendly and very knowledgeable. We asked the front desk staff about where we could have a nice quiet dinner and were not let down by the recommendation. Our room was clean room with no smells and no noise. We had fantastic sleep quality throughout our stay. We will certainly choose this hotel should the need arise again. The only critique I have is that a shuttle service to the airport would be a great addition. One wasn't available, buy the staff called us a taxi. Not a huge deal, just a small extra expense on our trip. Thanks again and keep up the good work!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your comments with our staff, they will be delighted to hear your kind words. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon!
Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I picked this hotel because of the good reviews and the location to where my son works in town. I arrived on Saturday afternoon and had a very easy checkin. Upon entering my first floor room I was taken aback by a foul smell (moldy/chemical smell). I knew I couldn't spend the next 3 nights in that room so I went right back to the front desk where the attendant quickly gave me another room down the hall. This room passed the smell test, though not completely odor free. When the AC was on the odor was not as apparent though.
While the room appeared neat and clean I noticed over the 3 nights of staying there it was not as clean as I would have liked. The shower had hairs in it. The floor in the kitchen area had crumbs and dust on it (behind the door). I also stepped on a staple in the carpet. I was alone in the room so I know I didn't do anything to dirty it with crumbs and staples. Also, I just assume every hotel will have a hair dryer but this one didn't. There were no toiletries either other than soap. I didn't read ahead of time about the maid service - which is only every 7 days. So re-entering the room to an unmade bed caught me by surprise. I made it myself the next day. There should be a better supply of tissue paper in the bathroom and more waste baskets considering the room is not maintained for a 3 night stay.
When I went to check out on the last morning there was no one at the counter. There was a gentlemen in the hallway who said his shift was done and was leaving. He said he didn't have access to the computer - I would have to wait for someone who was running late and expected there within a 1/2 hour. Luckily I did have just a half hour before my flight so I waited and she did show up. Strange to not have front desk coverage at 7:30 in the morning
I did like the free parking and wifi. The "breakfast" was fine for my liking but it was only a few items in baskets beneath the coffee counter. The location is good too.
I will stay somewhere else on my next visit,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. What you have described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am meeting with my staff to ensure that these issues do not happen again in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at tws@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The fornt desk representive , Margi , has made our stay very outstanding.
She always has a smile on her face and accomdates any needs necessary.
This hotel is very clean , comfortable.
I recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Recommend the east side much sunlight (:
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you so much for the lovely compliments. We are very fortunate to have wonderful desk clerks and housekeepers who pride themselves in their work. Thank you again for your review. We really appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again!

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street? Share your experiences!