the hotel was once a hospital which closed about 40 years ago and was completely redone when the new owner purchased it. It's beautiful and quaint. I found the staff very friendly and accommodating. I went for a wedding and the couple had rented out the hotel and the guests rented out their own individual rooms. It was beautiful for the wedding which had about 30 guests and was perfect. We had the hotel to ourselves, so there was no one outside of the wedding guests staying. It's Ybor City, so yes, there will be noise, but i didn't notice it was excessively loud when I went to bed, outside of the guest staying up all night on the patio hooting and hollering, but I expected as much from them ;) There was only one night clerk on and she was quite friendly and nice, and I had a nice conversation with her about the hotel and its history. People seemed to respect the no smoking in the hotel rooms, but yes, they were smoking on the patio, and, yes the clerk smoked on the front porch as well. This didn't bother me, but if you have a strong aversion to cigarette smoking then you should probably look elsewhere, I did not however, smell it in my room. I would definitely stay again and it is probably one of the nicer places to rent out for an event. It's quite unique, not the typical corporate hotel and is privately owned. The owner supports the local community and artists (one whom he commissioned to paint the paintings in the hotel) which i thought was cool. If you like elegant, independent and unique, this is a great place for you. My only complaint was that they don't serve breakfast on Sunday, and I was really hungry at 7am, but the clerk did have coffee ready and it was fresh ground and quite good. As far as kids are concerned, I don't think I would bring my young kid to Ybor City for night time events at all, anywhere, it's a club town at night, but great restaurants and beautiful to tour during the day.
- Also Known As:
- Don Vicente De Ybor Historic Hotel Tampa
- Don Vicente De Ybor Historic Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Don Vicente Historic Inn is a beautiful boutique hotel located in Tampa, Florida. Featuring two spacious suites and sixteen guest rooms with hardwood floors, Persian rugs, cast-iron balconies, antique furniture and chandeliers gathered from around the world, the Don Vicente is the epitome of luxury and historic character. At The Don Vicente, guests can enjoy complimentary breakfast, broadband internet, voicemail and writing desks, shower and tub bathrooms, TV and plush bathrobes throughout the duration of their stay. The dramatic four-poster canopy beds welcome tired visitors, while our other amenities provide the comfort and splendor fit for a King or Queen. All of the furnishings are high-end antique treasures, making the ambience of the hotel unmatched. Enjoy exploring our grand salon, where you’ll find countless conversation-starting artifacts from across the globe. It’s the perfect setting for mingling or enjoying a moment alone. Our quaint café features a wood-carved bar that was rescued from Tampa’s old Sea Wolf Bar, and can seat up to 40 guests. One of the most unique areas of the hotel is the underground lounge. Considered Ybor’s hidden speakeasy, the lounge features built-in booths, a large wooden bar and exposed brick walls. It is the ideal space to truly experience the historic Ybor City atmosphere. For your next event, consider using The Don Vicente as a beautiful backdrop and entertaining space. We host everything from weddings, showers, rehearsal dinners, anniversaries and parties to corporate functions and charity events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your Don Vicente de Ybor Historic Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.