“Great hotel in the Tampa area.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Veteran's Expressway

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Veteran's Expressway to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Veteran's Expressway
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9402 Corporate Lake Dr, Tampa, FL 33634   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #90 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Nixa, Missouri
“Great hotel in the Tampa area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Large, clean rooms. Friendly staff and great accommodations. Outdoor pool,
breakfast, flat screen tvs, and plenty of space to move around. Close to Tampa airport and plenty of restaurants. Stay here and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Definately above average experiance. The front desk staff was very helpful and sweet. I asked if there was a store nearby that I could buy a phone charger as I had left mine at home and they found a box of them that had been left behind by forgetful travelers like me. They fixed me right up and were genuinely happy to help me. As a priority club member I was offered a snack and a drink from the little store they had in the lobby at no charge. The room was clean and modern. Decent resturants were close by and it all was pleasent and easy during my stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is an older property and the wear and tear shows. The wallpaper in my bathroom had split (water damage ?) and was moldy. There was also hair in the bathtub. Bedding was rather flimsy and the old style air conditioner (not digital) did not work well. You could also hear the noise from the airport. Breakfast was decent, although the breakfast area was small. The fitness room had three machines (bike, treadmill, elliptical) that were very very old. Best thing about this place is the Boston's restaurant around the corner.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Veteran's Expressway, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear EconMom,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our sincerest apology for the over all issues you had during your stay. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For that reason, we have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Greenville SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this property for a 3 week span starting March 3rd-22nd..The nicest staff especially Michelle and Daisy were there to answer all of my questions and take care of my needs.. Room was very nice and clean... Good breakfast every morning....The General Manager was Christy and she was there to take care of everything...Just a great hotel and I highly recommend this property to anyone...great location close to mall and restuarants and high corporate area.....thanks guys for a great stay....

Room Tip: stayed on 1st floor all 3 weeks.. very close to breakfast area and work out room....no noise problem...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Saint Cloud, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here the past five nights and found my room and the hotel to be of above average quality. The room I stayed in was on the first floor directly across from the workout room. At first I was concerned there might be more noise because of this but it turned out not to be an issue. the workout room has 5 pieces of equipment available to use along with tv's for viewing, towels and water. There is a breakfast area in the lobby area which has more than adequate food both hot and cold available each morning starting at 6:30AM. There is coffee, hot water for tea,juices and milk to get you day going. I had a queen size bed which was quite comfortable. The room has a half wall splitting the living and sleeping areas. There was a couch and well lighted desk area (probably my only beef is there was not enough power outlets available for chargers, laptops, etc) There is wired/wireless Internet available which was ok...I ended up using my own wifi hotspot as it was more reliable. There is a small cabinet near the bathroom containing a microwave,mini fridge and sink. Overall my stay was pleasant and trouble free. I can easily recommend this location and would stay here again when in the area.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Henderson, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Overall, the hotel is in good shape. The staff are friendly. The rooms and hallways are clean. The problem I had with it, is the same that I have with all Holiday Inn's, the beds are uncomfortable and the pillows are lumpy. Also, the room had a weird smell. It was something in the cleaning solution they used.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Veteran's Expressway, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Scott G,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cabo San Lucas, MX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have great experiences when I travel and normally rate hotels/restaurants a high score. Not this one. II would definitely choose another hotel next time. I was under the impression when I booked it that it was a fairly new hotel. That being said, if it's new then the hotel should not have a mold problem. I was given a non-smoking room and when I entered the room, immediately the smell greeted me at the door. It was a moldy/mildew smell with a hint of cigarette smoke. I called down to the front desk to ask to be moved and the line was busy for about 5 minutes. I assessed it would be quicker for me to go to the front desk myself. It was a very late check in and I was unnerved to have to walk down to make the changes (then of course go back up to retrieve my things). The only room that I was given as a choice was on the first floor next to the elevator, across from the breakfast/tv area and around the corner from the front desk. Basically a noisy location. I was exhausted and just wanted sleep, so I took the room and was happy that it didn't stink. The location is near to a movie theater, and several restaurants. Only about 2 miles from a main street with more eating options.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Veteran's Expressway? Share your experiences!