“Not bad, could be better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Veteran's Expressway

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Veteran's Expressway to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Veteran's Expressway
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9402 Corporate Lake Dr, Tampa, FL 33634   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #91 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Henderson, Nevada
“Not bad, could be better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Overall, the hotel is in good shape. The staff are friendly. The rooms and hallways are clean. The problem I had with it, is the same that I have with all Holiday Inn's, the beds are uncomfortable and the pillows are lumpy. Also, the room had a weird smell. It was something in the cleaning solution they used.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Veteran's Expressway, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Scott G,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cabo San Lucas, MX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have great experiences when I travel and normally rate hotels/restaurants a high score. Not this one. II would definitely choose another hotel next time. I was under the impression when I booked it that it was a fairly new hotel. That being said, if it's new then the hotel should not have a mold problem. I was given a non-smoking room and when I entered the room, immediately the smell greeted me at the door. It was a moldy/mildew smell with a hint of cigarette smoke. I called down to the front desk to ask to be moved and the line was busy for about 5 minutes. I assessed it would be quicker for me to go to the front desk myself. It was a very late check in and I was unnerved to have to walk down to make the changes (then of course go back up to retrieve my things). The only room that I was given as a choice was on the first floor next to the elevator, across from the breakfast/tv area and around the corner from the front desk. Basically a noisy location. I was exhausted and just wanted sleep, so I took the room and was happy that it didn't stink. The location is near to a movie theater, and several restaurants. Only about 2 miles from a main street with more eating options.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Forest City, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I recently spent 13 nights in this hotel while working in the Tampa FL area. Overall, this is a great hotel. The first thing I want to brag about there is the housekeeping services. I travel all the time and it is rare to spend a lot of time in any hotel and not have housekeeping complaints somewhere along the way. I was completely satisfied with the services I was provided and never had the first complaint. All staff in this hotel were friendly and provided great service. There were only two complaints that I had while there. I had a fridge in my room which put out the most horrible smell. I had to hold my breath when I walked by it, upon entering the room. I reported it and the next day they had someone pull it out and clean behind and under it, which reduced the smell for a day, but then it returned. I bought baking soda to try to get rid of the smell, but the smell was not inside the fridge. I bought candles and burnt them daily just to be able to live with the smell. Also, the fridge froze all the drinks. The other thing that I did not like was they did not have CNN Headline News on the TV there...the channel listing in the room included it and I asked about it and was told it should be available, but it never was available the entire time I spent there. Great location for that side of Tampa, as was not very crowded but close by to numerous resturants, a huge cinema and a nice mall! Would return again if I was assured a room without that horrible fridge odor!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Tamarac, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The accomodations were large, the bed comfortable, the large flat screen TV with HBO and cable were great, the free breakfast was very good, and the staff were friendly. The rooms are in need of refurbishment and the entire inside of the hotel needs a paint job. The bathroom in my room was not very well cleaned, but the rest of the room was neat and tidy. The free breakfast bar was better than I expected, there were the typical yogurt, milk, juice, pastries, bread, fruit, cerealand milk as well as several hot items, including scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, and their famous cinnamon rolls. Overall a good value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Normally I don't have a lot of "bad things" to say about hotel stays. Our room was soggy at best. Overnight, our clothes were damp, any paper was wrinkling up as it soaked the moisture in the room. Felt like we were camping outside in the rain. That much standing moisture caused a wicked "moldy-like" odor.
Desk Staff try to be pleasant, but we arrived to an empty desk only to be greated minutes later after appearing to have disrupted a meal. For IHG's standards, this place is not to par. We felt like just a number of which our room number was provided aloud in the presence of several "shady guests" - definitely a security risk!
Might be time for an updated inspection of IHG Standards as well as for guests' safety. Something needs to be done to control the amount of moisture in the rooms... long term damage to structure quality is "growing".
Location wise was ideal for our purpose of traveling. Easy to locate, can't miss the famous blue columned lights and warm green glow. Very close to local dining and entertainment for the area.

Room Tip: Request a room at least 3 floors or higher - enjoyed overlooking the pool/highway
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights, the staff was very nice and friendly. I did call down for a wake up call around 11pm and got no answer so I left a message asking for a wake up call.. but in the am the call never came good thing I set my phone! The room was clean.. nothing fancy, I did notice someone had mentioned dirt in the corners of the elevator.. and it was still in there when I went. Needs some work on cleaning the non room areas and staff working nights.

• Stayed May 2012
Charlottetown, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

After searching many hotels in the Tampa area closest to friends we were visiting we chose this hotel. The hotel was clean, friendly and courteous service. The lady on afternoon to early evening was wonderful. The breakfast offered was more than one would want or expect. There was something for everyone. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We didn't use the room service or spa so we cannot elaborate on it. Everything else is highly re...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Veteran's Expressway? Share your experiences!