“Small changes would bring big improvement” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #86 of 117 Activities in Tampa
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Ranch & Farm
4 attraction reviews
“Small changes would bring big improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Most importantly, horses were healthy, happy, and staff was knowledgeable and friendly. Extra Instruction for my friend, an inexperienced rider, put us at ease from the start. Thanks for that. Mackenzie was a sweet tour guide. The other guide working today, a male, commented to Mackenzie that she put my friend on the wrong horse. Unnecessary and not true, the comment made my friend feel he was hurting Velvet by riding her, and the comment was said when our tour was half over and we were too far from stable to have potentially changed horses anyway. So to the man who said that, u made my friend feel uncomfortable and you put our guide in an uncomfortable spot. Not cool. Grow up. Changes to make...clear all the clutter of old construction, piles of cement and wood really trash up an otherwise decent property. get ride of the disgusting toilet seat sitting to the side of the trail, don't allow workers to wear flip flops, and ask the guys to shower, shave, and to refrain from passing judgement on other workers within the earshot of ur guests. Horses were loveable and healthy and very well behaved. Trail around lake was decent, save for the rubble mentioned above. Thank u to Mackenzie for giving us a nicely guided ride today and to the lady in flip flops who gave the riding tips to my friend. 45 minute wait to mount and begin ride was MUCH too long, considering our appointment was booked 24 hours prior.

Visited March 2013

Tampa, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Horses were Great; Establishment was run down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We had a great time once we got over the our first impression of the Ranch. The horses were calm and great for inexperience riders. The Guide was very personable. The buildings and barn are in need of repair and update. However, I feel more instruction should have been given to the riders before taking off on the trail. At one point they decided to trot the horses, the young girl in front of me almost feel off because noone had told her how to use the stirrups when trotting. Growing up around horses, I may have a higher standard to how a horse should be taken care of but these horses were in need of a little TLC. They had not been brushed in awhile. Their manes were matted in areas. The Ranch is in a great location and could be a wonderful retreat if it was repaired and updated.

Visited February 2013
Tampa, Florida
“DO NOT!!! FOR THE LOVE OF HORSES!!!! GO HERE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I wanted to take my girlfriend and I out for a horse ride.... She always wanted to try it out so I found this place on Google and I decided it was the time. We arrive to a dirty broken down lot and parked. Walked inside and there were all the workers huddled around a table laughing loud...and loud would be an understatement. At the front cashier table we were met by a girl who looked as if she hadn't showered in days.... and she was walking around barefoot. After paying she pointed to a barn and told us to go over to the barn and wait. There was a fantastic young girl tending the horses... She was very nice and very knowledgeable about the horses... But she too... Looked as if she hadn't showered in days. We petted the horses and brushed them. It was cool. There

We waited for 55 mins. Then some guy, self proclaimed "Spanish Cowboy" came out of nowhere and said "hey im sorry I was eating my lunch... No one called me to tell me you all were waiting." Then proceeds to pull out a cigarette and smoke the entire thing before saying another word to us.

My GF is diabetic so she needed to take insulin so we found the bathroom... It was the most disgusting thing we have ever seen.... Absolutely disgusting. Smelled like human waste and there was no lighting in there.... It looked like a scene from a scary movie. My girlfriend is a good sport so she went in and took her insulin. Came out and was like MAYBE the horse riding and trail will be better. It wasn't.

We get on the horses. The Spanish Cowboy jumped onto his white horse bareback. And we started off. There was no trail. We rode the horses the out the front as if we were leaving.... and that is when both my horse and my girlfriends horse stopped.... Then my horse started bucking.... VIOLENTLY. After 15 mins of not moving.... They brought a new horse. And I went on my girlfriends horse and she went on the new horse. This entire ordeal took about 30 mins.

Then we take a tour of the neighborhood basically. And allow me to tell you... This neighborhood is not scenic. We turn a corner and what do we see? A goat... And my girlfriends horse tried to take off.... FULL GALLOP. She pulls the reigns back for dear life..... And she screamed.. TAKE ME BACK!

It was a terrible experience... It probably couldn't have gotten worse unless we fell off those horses.

This occurred about 8 months ago. But I go on Groupon and I see they are offering a discount to ride horses. I BEG YOU. DO NOT BUY THAT GROUPON. It is an absolute waste. Don't believe me? Google Map their location and look at how crappy it looks from the sky... Imagine what is it is on the ground.

Visited May 2012
Lithia, Florida, United States
“A BIG LET DOWN”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I would not recommend this place to anyone. I went out to preview this location prior to our event and was very disappointed. The place is REALLY run down and need of updates and repairs. There was trash all around the dumpster and blown over the grounds. The bathrooms were awful, smelled so bad and were so dirty that I refused to use the facilities. I made verbal reservations over the phone and when I arrived to make my deposit I was told that date was no longer available. This place is run by a bunch of kids and it seems that no one knows what is going on. We held our event at another location that was very professional and clean not at all like In The Breeze. Before going here - look into other options.

Visited December 2012
Seminole, Florida
“In The Breeze Ranch Trail Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My sister, daughter, and myself had our first ride at In The Breeze Ranch, and it was wonderful! Our guides name was Justin, and he was very personable and made the ride interesting and fun for us. The horses were beautiful, and a pleasure to ride. The ride through the wood was so beautiful and relaxing, I"ve just purchased a Groupon, and am going back in 2 weeks! Only problem we had is that the street to turn on ]Gardener} isn't marked well, and there are no signs advertising the ranch at the turn/corner.

Visited November 2012