“DO NOT!!! FOR THE LOVE OF HORSES!!!! GO HERE” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #86 of 118 Activities in Tampa
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Ranch & Farm
Tampa, Florida
“DO NOT!!! FOR THE LOVE OF HORSES!!!! GO HERE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I wanted to take my girlfriend and I out for a horse ride.... She always wanted to try it out so I found this place on Google and I decided it was the time. We arrive to a dirty broken down lot and parked. Walked inside and there were all the workers huddled around a table laughing loud...and loud would be an understatement. At the front cashier table we were met by a girl who looked as if she hadn't showered in days.... and she was walking around barefoot. After paying she pointed to a barn and told us to go over to the barn and wait. There was a fantastic young girl tending the horses... She was very nice and very knowledgeable about the horses... But she too... Looked as if she hadn't showered in days. We petted the horses and brushed them. It was cool. There

We waited for 55 mins. Then some guy, self proclaimed "Spanish Cowboy" came out of nowhere and said "hey im sorry I was eating my lunch... No one called me to tell me you all were waiting." Then proceeds to pull out a cigarette and smoke the entire thing before saying another word to us.

My GF is diabetic so she needed to take insulin so we found the bathroom... It was the most disgusting thing we have ever seen.... Absolutely disgusting. Smelled like human waste and there was no lighting in there.... It looked like a scene from a scary movie. My girlfriend is a good sport so she went in and took her insulin. Came out and was like MAYBE the horse riding and trail will be better. It wasn't.

We get on the horses. The Spanish Cowboy jumped onto his white horse bareback. And we started off. There was no trail. We rode the horses the out the front as if we were leaving.... and that is when both my horse and my girlfriends horse stopped.... Then my horse started bucking.... VIOLENTLY. After 15 mins of not moving.... They brought a new horse. And I went on my girlfriends horse and she went on the new horse. This entire ordeal took about 30 mins.

Then we take a tour of the neighborhood basically. And allow me to tell you... This neighborhood is not scenic. We turn a corner and what do we see? A goat... And my girlfriends horse tried to take off.... FULL GALLOP. She pulls the reigns back for dear life..... And she screamed.. TAKE ME BACK!

It was a terrible experience... It probably couldn't have gotten worse unless we fell off those horses.

This occurred about 8 months ago. But I go on Groupon and I see they are offering a discount to ride horses. I BEG YOU. DO NOT BUY THAT GROUPON. It is an absolute waste. Don't believe me? Google Map their location and look at how crappy it looks from the sky... Imagine what is it is on the ground.

Visited May 2012

Lithia, Florida, United States
“A BIG LET DOWN”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I would not recommend this place to anyone. I went out to preview this location prior to our event and was very disappointed. The place is REALLY run down and need of updates and repairs. There was trash all around the dumpster and blown over the grounds. The bathrooms were awful, smelled so bad and were so dirty that I refused to use the facilities. I made verbal reservations over the phone and when I arrived to make my deposit I was told that date was no longer available. This place is run by a bunch of kids and it seems that no one knows what is going on. We held our event at another location that was very professional and clean not at all like In The Breeze. Before going here - look into other options.

Visited December 2012
Seminole, Florida
“In The Breeze Ranch Trail Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My sister, daughter, and myself had our first ride at In The Breeze Ranch, and it was wonderful! Our guides name was Justin, and he was very personable and made the ride interesting and fun for us. The horses were beautiful, and a pleasure to ride. The ride through the wood was so beautiful and relaxing, I"ve just purchased a Groupon, and am going back in 2 weeks! Only problem we had is that the street to turn on ]Gardener} isn't marked well, and there are no signs advertising the ranch at the turn/corner.

Visited November 2012
“Great experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

We bought a groupon for a trail ride. The property is very big. We were guided by Rachel, she was very sweet and super nice. Another girl named Shanon was very nice too and funny :) she took our picture on the horses. I would recommend this experience to everyone, we had a great time and look forwar to come back again :) thanks for everything!

London, United Kingdom
“ab fab place to be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

really welcoming people and lovely horses, you can not only ride but spend some time with the horse you rode afterwards if its not so busy. They also said next time im in tampa, if im in the area for a while i could volunteer and help with the day to day care of the horses, excellent place to be for horse lovers :) will deff go again on my next trip to tampa.

Theres various trails and streams you can ride through with small accent and decents into it, and loved riding western as normally i ride english over here.

Visited February 2012