“Worth a visit, not worth a comeback” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Tapas
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Tampa, Florida
“Worth a visit, not worth a comeback”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

The key to Trip Advisor reviews is to express a opinion - an opinion based on personal tastes and preferences. Critical reviews are often interpreted by the readers as a statement of fact when it is actually an expression of one's honest feelings and impressions. So with that said - while there was nothing explicitly wrong with Dolce I just didn't like it. Trendy it is not: it's a bar with few lounge type seats. The drinks did not impress. The food was plain and nothing special (we decided against ordering more dishes and went to another restaurant afterwards). Hopefully, Dolce will get better in the future, it's in a good spot in a upcoming neighborhood.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I dined here on a date night and had a lovely time. This is an up and coming neighborhood bistro that has a classy, sophisticated vibe! This is a lounge/bistro that serves drinks and unique small plate entrees- it is more about the experience and less about stuffing your face. During our visit, a musician was singing and playing the keyboard which made for a nice ambiance. I ordered the soup of the day- vegetable soup- and it was mighty tasty! It was so good that my BF also ordered a cup after tasting mines. Afterwards, I had the shrimp ajillo which is 4 jumbo shrimp served on top of polenta (a cornmeal cake). It was covered in a spicy red sauce that was very yummy (but SPICY)! My BF ordered the chicken roulade- I had a bit and it was also very good! It was cooked and seasoned perfectly. This bistro offers a unique food and drink menu and also has some specialty coffees- my favorite! One of the owners remembered my BF from a previous visit and even recalled that he was from Memphis. I was impressed that she actually took the time to talk with her patrons and could recall pieces of the conversation. I should also mention that the decor is fabulous- even the bathrooms are all marble from floor to ceiling. My BF and I will definitely return!!

• Visited April 2012
Tampa
“Trendy South Tampa Bar/Rest. with Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

My wife and I have visited The Manhattan Dolce Bar & Bistro three times now and love it. The Manhattan Dolce Bar & Bistro has a trendy interior and large full length bar with bartenders that are on top of their game. Although we have not had dinner here, we have sampled several of the appetizers/tapas and they are phenomenal. The short rib nachos and meatball marinara are mouth watering! They have had live music each time, a good selection of beer on tap and bottle and and outdoor patio area. The crowd has been mostly professionals and it seems to be the new hot spot in S. Tampa. This is exactly what this area of Tampa needed, considering the Green Iguana and The Wooden Door are really the only other choices in the immediate area and they are no where comparable to this place. I have met the owners, Lovie and Johnnie (I believe there are two other partners too) and they are extremely friendly and outgoing people that are genuinely concerned about the customers having a good experience. Parking has not been an issue as there are at least 30 spaces available as well as street parking to the east. Do not park at the German deli to the north or they will tow your car I am told.

• Visited March 2012
Tampa, Florida
“The New Nightlife in South Tampa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

I've passed by this place a few times since opening and have wanted to check it out. I'm glad I did. The light setting was the 1st mood I liked about it. It had a lounge feel to it that I really loved about it. The crowd was professionals, that I liked as well. They also had a pretty good live band playing which set a very good intimate, but social crowd. Everybody that worked there had a friendly smile that were embracing and immediately made me feel at home and comfortable. I had a chance of meeting the owners..and wow....what a cool set of people! I had a good experience! The food and the drinks were on point as well! I would recommend people check this spot out! It is definitely up and coming and I will not be surprised if this place stay busy from here on out! This place is what south South Tampa needed.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Tampa
“Bistro Off to a Great Start with a Creative Menu and Skillful Food Preparation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

The Manhattan Dolce Bar & Bistro is a brand new addition to the South Tampa dining scene having just opened. The establishment sets a new level of expectation with its wonderfully diverse menu of tapa selections, with the ones that I have tasted being perfectly prepared. So far, I have had their shrimp over polenta, short rib tacos, crab cakes, whipped potatoes, asparagus, edamame, scallops, bread pudding (to die for), and bananas foster. And the drinks are superb!! The atmosphere has a fresh urban feel and the seating outdoors is most commodious for a more quiet dining setting. The Manhattan is located at the intersection of W El Prado Blvd and Manhattan St in South Tampa. I have been there twice and plan to return as a neighborhood destination.

• Visited December 2011