“Fast & fresh!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #174 of 1,997 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American
Description: PDQ is a fast casual restaurant specializing in chicken tenders, salads, sandwiches, fresh cut fries and hand spun milkshakes.
Land O Lakes
“Fast & fresh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Love their chicken tenders! Great milkshakes with big straws! Building is beautiful! Makes you want to stop and eat there!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Tampa, Florida
“Excellent Choice for quality Chicken and Salads”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

PDQ was recently added to the Northdale/Carrollwood area of Tampa off of Dale Mabry(street). The restaurant offers a variety of chicken both grilled and fried along with scrumptious salads. They have a new innovative soft drink machine that has a variety of Zero's like Orande Zero, Fruit Punch Zero, Cheery Zero that are Coke products and the same goes for other soft drinks. Their desserts are also incredible. I would say this establishment may be a notch above Panera Bread and popular Chicken Restaurants. I have been there a number of times and have yet to be dissapointed

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lutz, Florida
“Meh...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband and I were excited to try PDQ. The restaurant is chaotic with lots of noise and confusion, especially around the drink machines. Kids love to mix all the flavors together and it creates a bottle neck at the machines.
The food was nothing special. We had the grilled turkey sandwich, a grilled chicken sandwich, fries and a vanilla shake. perhaps the fried chicken sandwiches are better, but I couldn't justify a fried sandwich, fries and a shake. The shake, advertised as hand-dipped, seems to be just soft serve ice cream in a cup. Steak and Shake makes much better milkshakes that really are hand-dipped. Disappointing and we won't be back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Florida
“Like a Monty Python restaurant -- with chicken instead of spam”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stopped by here on a whim, unsure of what they served overall. It's apparently chicken. Only chicken. And only in strips. Your only choices are whether you want it fried and whether you want it on a bun or over lettuce. It felt like the Monty Python spam/restaurant skit.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of one-trick restaurants out there, such as Chick-Fil-A and Five Guys. Chick-Fil-A is another chicken restaurant but has far more variety on their menu, whilst Five Guys has only burgers and fries. However, both of these restaurants are top in what they do. PDQ's chicken was just alright. I've had better elsewhere.

Otherwise, the restaurant itself was attractive and clean. Music, while not as loud as trendy world-city restaurants, was louder than it should be for a restaurant of this type.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa, Florida, United States
“For your Sunday Chick-Fil-A fix...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

PDQ is a fair substitute. I am not a fan of chicken tenders nor chicken sandwiches. Truthfully, I never order chicken when I'm at a restaurant. Chicken is something I can throw on the grill or serve over rice, or add to soup. I do, however, eat at Chick-Fil-A from time to time, but stick to the standard sandwich. PDQ, being new in the 'wood, warranted a test run. I stopped in around 12:30 on Sunday - the place was absolutely packed with a line out the door and parking overflowing to the adjacent ex-book store parking lot. Having perused the menu online prior to arriving, I knew that sample would be the grilled chicken sandwich, crispy chicken sandwich, grilled turkey breast sandwich and an order of tenders. The total for four items was just over $17, and I used the loop around drive-through to shorten the trip. I was more interested in the food than the decor or atmosphere. I have no complaint about the food, other than the turkey breast sandwich. The slice of breast meat was considerably thinner than the breast cut of chicken, but the cranberry was a nice added touch. I don't think, personally, I would call PDQ a destination, but I might go back one day. While the food was all fresh and well prepared, and the staff seemed friendly and the drive through was well managed, it's difficult for me to get excited over fried or grilled chicken breasts, and I don't know that I would ever - honestly - stand in a line streaming outside the door for a chicken sandwich.

• Visited August 2012