“Great Food, Place to Dark” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #360 of 1,997 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Thai
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Food, Place to Dark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Heard so much good things about this place. We were not disappointed ! Food was great, servings were big and rice just keeps coming (for an Asian that is important :-) ). My only comment is it was too dark for us so it was a little hard to enjoy the food since I can't see them clearly. Suggest to adjust it a little. Overall still a good place to visit.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

georgia
“delicious flavors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I ordered chicken dishes, the panang curry was great and the pad thai well prepared as too, the chicken in the dishes was obviously precooked and a bit disappointing however. I would go back because the flavors weere good overall but would not order chicken again.

Visited August 2013
“My new favorite Thai restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I have always frequented a different Thai restaurant in the area, so when my friend suggested Thai Ruby, I was prepared to be let down. I most definitely was not! The food is spectacular, the service is quick and thorough, and you can't beat the value! I particularly visit for the lunch specials ($7.95!) and from the soup and appetizer to the mini donut at the end, it does not disappoint! I can safely say that this has now become "my Thai restaurant."

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tampa Florida
“Great food - beautiful atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Thai Ruby is a wonderful Thai restaurant in New Tampa. It has absolutely delicious food, with a varied menu offering red and green curries, pad thai, panang and a lot of tofu / vegetarian dishes. Dishes can be ordered mild or spicy; for extra spicy - order THAI HOT. The dining atmosphere is beautiful and soothing with Thai table settings, pillows, decorations, etc.
Everyone I've ever taken to Thai Ruby has raved about it, and returned again on their own. Service is spot-on and prompt; the owner and servers are very friendly. Since Thai Ruby is within a couple miles of my home, we eat there often: for family get-togethers, girls' night out, or a nice romantic dinner for two. For lunch, they serve appetizer, soup, entree and dessert for a very reasonable price. Cannot say enough good things about Thai Ruby... we love it!! We have been going to Thai Ruby since it opened; it is by far our favorite Thai restaurant in Tampa. We recommend: Pad Thai, any of the Panang dishes, Amazing Tofu, and the donuts or lychee for dessert.

Visited March 2013
“Delicious Thai food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

As a college student I am always looking for fresh decently priced Thai food and this definitely hits the spot! Placed an order today for pick up one red curry chicken and one chicken pad Thai...both dishes were incredible! Extremely tasty...the curry chicken was definitely the tastiest I've had in a while however the chicken in both dishes was slightly tough. Nothing to complain over because the taste of both dishes completely made up for it! Delicious!