“Nice bar, good food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
“Nice bar, good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The bar and beer selection was very nice. This place was and is packed during the weekend, so be forewarned! The food was awesome! I had the bangers and boxty, there was too much food to eat and the boxty was very good. We enjoyed our visit and the staff was very nice!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Florida
“Nice atmosphere and typical bar food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stopped for a few beers and dinner before heading to the theater. The restaurant was crowded and we ended up sort of jammed around a high top in the indoor bar area. The walls are literally covered with TVs and the energy in the place was high. The beer selection was excellent and the food quality was what I would expect at a bar. I had the pot pie which was quite good. The crowd is mostly 25-40 I'd say but, even though we are well above that demographic - we had an enjoyable experience.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ybor City
“Average at Best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Maybe slightly above average only for ambiance and location. Took FOREVER to get a drink. Three females behind the bar, one washing glasses and the other two chatting (often times with each other, some of the time with guests) while other guests wait for drinks. Here's a tip: Talk later, serve guests FIRST. We went with a group for a friend's birthday, so we were not about to complain to mgt., but it took THAT long to get served. We weren't angry, but someone simply needed to be aware that there was more talking than serving. Another great tip: Look UP from washing glasses and acknowledge the guest who's been standing in front of you for a few minutes...not looking at the TVs, not conversing with the guest, but looking at the STAFF in order to be acknowledged. As a former bartender myself, it was always "guest first" and always, always, always make sure everyone's drinks were full before you start other duties. Maybe they do things differently today, but it would seem that taking the customers money should trump washing glasses.

• Visited October 2012
Boynton Beach, Florida
“So much fun!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This Irish Pub and Eatery has it all right. Great service, great food, great drinks, great atmosphere. While at the eatery, met a lot of people who go there often and they said the same things. Gotta mean something!! I am very particular about my drinks and the bartender made them perfectly, then came out later to inquire about my satisfaction. We ordered the Irish Boxty, a fried mashed potato that came with 3 dipping sauces, absolutely delicious . Had brunch there as well on Sunday morning, we all had omelets, I had the veggie with swiss cheese and it was really tasty. One of us had the ham and cheese, wasn't too fond of it. Potatoes were really good and the bread is a hearty type, excellent toasted. The owners of the establishment sponsered a Summer Festival which is why we were in Tampa that weekend. Top notch event and the price was unbeatable. They are planning their second St. Patrick's day event and I intend to be there, it must be outstanding after all that I've witnessed so far. Gotta go and meet Jay and his wife Bianca, then meet the entire wait staff. You will not be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Needs a little more luck from the Irish”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Irish 31 is in a great part if town- occupying the corner lot of a trendy street with some fun shopping options in the area. I went on a Saturday to watch some football. I had the chicken bites which were good 2lbs - $8 is a great deal and their Irish Cobb salad. Both meals were decent and the staff was attentive and fun. The place is not big but has a cool vibe. Their was also live music being set up but I didn't stay around for it. Menu isn't too huge but seems to cover the basics of bar food with an Irish twist. They make a great snakebite cocktail!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere