“Nice atmosphere, techy feel, overpriced food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Continental
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Tampa, Fl
“Nice atmosphere, techy feel, overpriced food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I visited Carmel Cafe because they sent me a $20 food credit promotional mailer. The atmosphere is very nice, it has an upscale feel for a casual restaurant. The hostess presented us with their ipad menu - which is great, but a bit difficult to use. (I ended up getting out of the menu program and playing with the ipad, but couldn't get it back to the menu.) I really love being able to see an image of every menu item. Within 1 minute of playing with the menu, someone brought an appetizer that was ordered from our ipad - I guess the hostess ordered it by accident. They didn't let us keep it. After perusing the menu for a while, I selected the short rib and my wife selected a couple of appetizers - being gluten free limited her choices greatly. I loved my meal. She not so much. The brussel sprouts app, came with about 4 sprouts cut in half. Not quite what the image on the ipad showed. We might visit again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Miami Beach, Florida
“Interesting idea, just average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

You order food on an ipad, which is nice as you can customize all your orders. Service was slow, but friendly. I had the steak which was tough but tasty, chickpea fries were terrific, chard and spinach with garlic was excellent. Short ribs with polenta also very good. Very eclectic menu.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Millersville, Maryland
“Wonderful atmosphere and fresh well crafted food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The iPads are a handy way to get orders in quickly; I love them b/c you can take your time browsing their menu, looking at pictures, and then submitting order when ready. We have gone when it is packed (Friday night) and less so (Saturday afternoons). We have always had great service. It's a wonderful place to enjoy conversation. No one rushes you. The menu items are not the same ol' items you see in every restaurant around you. All the items are fresh, flavorful, and mostly healthy. I have yet to be disappointed and I have tried a wide variety of dishes--LOVE the brussel sprouts, edamame hummus, marinated warm olives, BLTA, burgers, beet salad...LOVE THIS PLACE! Oh yeah, and espresso/cappuchinos after dinner really hit the spot.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tampa
“great use of technology, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I absolutely love the use of the ipad to see menu items, place an order and pay. It's just so convenient. Our meal came quickly and everything was tasty. Portions are a bit small and I will skip their cocktails next time...but I will be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Poor service and bland food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I couldn't get a refill to save my life. My server was nowhere to be found and my food came out 30 min after I ordered it! We won't be going back here anytime soon.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere