“Fun way to spend a few hours in Ybor” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 56 Tours & Activities in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: As the sun sets, the restless souls of Ybor City's past begin to stir. Join us on a two hour tour to learn their stories as you walk the streets of this historic town with your guide.Tours begin at 6:30 p.m.Monday through Wednesday and 8 p.m. on every other night. Reservations are required. $25. per adult.
Florida
24 attraction reviews
“Fun way to spend a few hours in Ybor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We went on the ghost tour with our guide, Joe - he had a ton of information on the history of Ybor City and some of it's more colorful and infamous residents. He fits the part very well, and you can tell he is very passionate about Ybor City. We visited two sites, the Don Vincente Inn and the Cuban Club. I have been to both of those places during the day for differnet events, but at night with only a flashlight (in the Cuban Club) it's a totally different place (inside the theatre with just flashlights was pretty spooky). The Don Vincente inn is beautiful, but I don't think I would want to spend the night there (before this tour, I heard things about the basement being haunted) because it was just a tad too spooky for me, but again, a beautiful hotel. We had a good time using the Ghost Meters (provided by Joe, as well as flashlights) and at the Cuban Club they wouldn't stop going off. Our tour ran very long (about 2.5-3 hours), so be sure to wear appropriate clothing (comfortable shoes, comfortable clothes, and take an umbrella in case it rains). All in all a fun night - it wasn't a ghost tour filled with theatrics, so don't expect doors slamming unexpectdly - it's more of a historic story filled with murder, mystery and scandals. I won't forget this for sure - and next time I drive past the sites we talked about and went into, I will look at them with a different viewpoint...

Dade City, Florida, United States
“A lot of fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Very extensive and interesting history and ghost tour of Ybor city. I learned a lot of things I never knew about a city that I've lived very close to for 11 years. An amazing tour guide provided a fun but chilling experience! We did not see any ghosts but the meters were off the charts in the Cuban Club and it definately felt like we were not alone. We would definately recommend the tour to anyone interested in ghosts, the history of Ybor City or just a fun night!

Beatrice, Nebraska
“The best tour I've been on!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Joe took us on a two hour walking tour of Ybor City that was very informational!!! Don't think that you can't take this tour because of the walking!!! He takes his time, gives you personal and historical accounts of the city and you SIT (if you wish) and listen! You only walk a few blocks and the end result is over the moon fascinating!!! While joe was telling his last story of the night I began to hear female voices having a conversation. No one in our group was talking and no one else registered that they heard it. I left pleased with my experience and ready to share my stories with anyone who wants to hear them! I would recommend this tour to anyone who wants a history of the town or a paranormal experience :)

Austin, TX
4 attraction reviews
“A fun history lesson!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Whether you are a believer in ghosts or not, this tour is great. Our guide, Joe, packed so much great info about Ybor City and its people into our 2+ hour tour. He is a fabuous guide and gifter story teller. Did we see any ghost? Well, I'll let you be the judge of that. But we do have some strange things on some of our photos.

Tampa, Florida
“Ghost Hunting Party in Ybor City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

What a great time! I had a big family and we had to take 3 tours back to back.
It was a busy night in Ybor city and at first I was wondering how our a petite guide Chrissy was going to handle our unruliest group, Chrissy was awesome, and very knowledgeable!
If you have a big group or kids, ask for her. But , miss Emily, and Heidi were nice too!
Scary and fun! !! The price was well worth it!

Visited July 2012