“Great Hotel -- will stay here again” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Breakfast Special
Ranked #4 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Orlando, FL
“Great Hotel -- will stay here again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

My husband and I stayed here when we came to Tampa for an event at Busch Gardens. We decided on this hotel because we had heard that there were a lot of bad areas near Busch Gardens and we were willing to stay further away to feel safe. The hotel was great for the price. It wasn't fancy but it was very comfortable and I felt like I was at home (maybe better than home as they had cookies when we checked in).

Everyone we met that worked there was smiling and friendly. They were also very helpful and provided us with maps of the area and recommendations for places to eat. They also gave us more information about the Busch Gardens area with suggestions on places to avoid. The room was clean and comfortable, and we enjoyed the extra perk of having a small refrigerator in our room.

As a side note for travelers, the hotel is off of I-75. It’s probably only a mile or so from I-4 (taking I-75) and it was about 6-7 miles from Busch Gardens. The hotel is near the fairgrounds and is located in a business park. Since it was a little further away from everything, it was really quiet.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

282 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

I am in a club who uses this hotel alot for events. We love the staff and enjoy staying in the nice big comfy rooms. The restaurant has great food and I would stay again as a special night out without an event. This is a nice area that is not too far from I75 and Brandon and close to the I4 connection. Great facilities and new contemporary rooms.

Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

I need a place to crash before a very early flight out of TPA. I got a great deal on Priceline for the Hilton Garden Inn and was amazed at this hotel. Staff was amazing, Room was huge, Flat Screen tv with HD channels, free internet that was very speedy, the desk was huge and set up great, with plenty of outlets in reach. Bathroom was very big and bed was super comfy. I couldn't have asked for more, and if i didn't need to stay downtown and had a car for my next trip to Tampa, I would stay here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Long Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

We were in Tampa for a funeral that we were not expecting. We called to hold rooms and were not sure of each person's arrival and departure. The rooms were ready and the staff was phenomenal. We arrived late and were greeted with smiles and jokes. Rod Brooks was so friendly and accommodating when we came in that we were able to settle in prepare for a difficult week. The restaurant is not free, but I preferred it that way. It was prepared hot to order and was accompanied by fruit, oatmeal, cereal, various breads and hot coffee. All I can say is thank you all so much for helping us make the best of a difficult situation.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

I can't say enough about this hotel. My room was clean. The bed was so comfortable and cozy.

The staff was very accommodating as well as being friendly and polite. (It appears that they are treated well by their employers, because their faces show it.) The best was Laura Mason, who was our rep, she helped us put on a great job fair. It wouldn't have been as successful without her.

Because of the quality of service from the staff and the comfort of the room, I will always stay at a Hilton from now on.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
hotelgirl123, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon, responded to this review, October 13, 2010
Dear Mans6363,
Thank you for your review of the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East. I am glad that we exceeded your expectations and that your event went smoothly. Laura is a terrific asset to our team. We look forward to hosting more events and hope to see you again soon.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

Stayed here as a last minute booking- was impressed with the extra friendly service. There's a free shuttle to the Hard Rock casino which was convenient.

• Stayed October 2010
Dear Jackofalltravel,
Thank you for your review of the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our great service and restaurant. If your travels should bring you back to Tampa we would love to be your hotel of choice. I hope that you came out ahead at the Hard Rock!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

Check In was a breeze, the room was comfortable, clean, and cold. There is a restaurant on site that I did not take advantage of, but there were people enjoying themselves in it. The staff were courteous as what I have come to expect with Hilton. It was kind of difficult to find using directions provided by Google as you can easily miss the street that leads to Highland Manor!

Room Service, Adult Movies, Free WiFi, Printing service. Our room had a mini "cooler" fridge, coffee pot, and microwave and comfortable beds.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Nirvanaqween,
Thank you for posting your review on the Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you will return if your travel takes you to Tampa in the future. We look forward to seeing you!
Director of Sales

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon? Share your experiences!