“A Great Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Albuquerque, NM
“A Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

This may be the nicest hotel we've ever stayed in. The staff were upbeat, friendly and helpful. The room was delightful! It was clean and comfortable, and everywhere we noticed the attention paid to little unexpected details. The bed was wonderful!!! The WiFi signal was the strongest signal we had during our two week tour around Florida. The shower was perfect. The breakfast wasn't complimentary, but it was reasonable, all you can eat, and delicious. I only wish we could have stayed more than one night!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
HGI_Tampa_East, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Thank you for such a great review! We take pride in our outstanding customer service. We hope that you will visit us again when you are in the Tampa/Brandon area. Thank you for staying with us!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I booked this hotel based on the reviews on trip advisor and I wasn't disappointed. I stayed here with my son (11) and my husband from March 10-14 (4 nights) while vacationing in the Tampa area.
Our check in was excellent - not sure of the name of the young man at front desk but he was very pleasant and accomodating (allowed me to add the breakfast option that I had seen on line for $10 more per night).
The breakfast was awesome. Cooks and waiter/ waitresses were very pleasant. They would make your eggs any style, waffles, pancakes, omelets on request. There was a nice selection of breads (white, whole wheat bread, bagels, english muffins, biscuits etc).
Beds and linens were nice - the only negative being our room had doubles which are a bit small for two adults to share (we are used to queen).
The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated.
The front desk staff (Katie, Helen and another girl - didn't get her name sorry) were always very pleasant and quick to provide us with information such as directions to Busch Gardens, Tampa Bay lightning arena, shopping etc. I travel quite a bit for business and in my opinion the staff at the Hilton should be recognized for their exceptional service.
The business computers came in handy for us to print our tickets to Busch Gardens Adventure Island.
Faxes were free - we needed to fax a document and Katie at front desk was quick to take on this task for us.
There is a very big shopping mall located about a 10 minute drive (Brandon Town Centre). All the common stores were in this mall- I think its the 2nd biggest mall in florida
I would definately return if I was in the area again..

Room Tip: Don't worry about the room choice - all appear to be fine. It's located in a quiet business...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
HGI_Tampa_East, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Thank you for your review of our property. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We take pride in our outstanding customer service. You made mention of many of our amenities that you enjoyed. For your next stay be sure to take advantage of our shuttle that travels in a 5 mile radius, including the Brandon Town Center Mall. We hope that you will stay with us again soon.
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I recently stayed two nights for a wedding, along with many other out-of-town guests. The rooms were very nice and spacious, pool was wonderful and the restaurant/bar was an added plus. I only ate breakfast at the restaurant but it was great. There is a small office park for runners. However set your GPS to get there because it is quite hidden. The staff was wonderful. One down side is there is no shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our property. We hope that you will stay with us again. You mentioned that you do not like sleep number beds. We keep the dial on our beds set on medium. However, each guest can change it to his or her preference. We have information in each room about the bed and how to customize it to suit your preference. We hope that you will give our hotel and our beds another try. For personal travel, we are close to the Hard Rock Casino, Busch Gardens, Lego Land, Florida State Fairgrounds and MOSI. We also have a shuttle that travels in a five mile range. We hope to see you next time you are in Brandon.
League City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

This place is brand spankin new and in a perfect location to access the Port for any sort of business. The rooms are great, comfortable and have what you need. The bed sucked, i will say. I guess i'm just not a big Sleep Number bed fan. But it was worth it to have a clean, quiet room.
The best part - there's a restaurant and bar with room service on site. Typically, it's hard to find this in the mid-level suburban hotels. But I love it. I dont always want to go out to dinner with colleagues, and this provides the perfect opportunity to ditch and drink at the bar. It's reasonably priced for what it is, and perfectly yummy. They have a great "happy hour" that is $7.50 martinis, two for the price of one until 7pm.
IF you choose to venture out, you are perfectly close to the familiar and well priced chains including Longhorn Steakhouse, Cheddars, and of course, the business travel staple - Chilis. So overall, it's very comfortable and convenient for business travel purposes. Personal fun travel? I dunno... I'd go somewhere other than Brandon, so i feel like that's not even a relevant discussion.
Oh, and ladies.... they have Bravo on cable. Yay!! It's really a creature comfort.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Stayed for 5 nights and was very pleased with the hotel. The guest laundry machines on the second floor were very convenient and I would have packed less had I knew they were there. The breakfast was nice and the cooks were very accommodating. The hotel was clean and relatively quiet when you considered how busy it was. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

This isn't a 5 star hotel but it is very nice. Everything was clean in my room and it smelt nice. I ended up getting into town 4 hours early the day of check in and they were able to check me in early. The woman at the front desk was VERY helpful and super nice. I ordered room service from the restaurant down stairs, it took 30+ minutes but was well worth the wait. Everything was reasonably priced, the food was hot, and everything tasted delicious. I paid 10 dollars extra for this hotel over the other hotel I stayed at in the area, it was worth every penny.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
South Florida, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

During our recent stay, we kept seeing people with dogs in the hallways. When I asked, I was told that under a special contract with the horse show, those guests were permitted to have dogs in the hotel. I asked if they were limited to a certain floor, and was told that they could be in any room, but, that they give the room a special cleaning after the guest leaves. Due to allergies, I do not stay in pet friendly hotels. I was disappointed to find that this hotel was pet friendly to certain groups, and they did not limit the allergens to a certain floor or area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon? Share your experiences!