“Claudia Williams” 2 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2307 East Busch Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612   |
Ranked #126 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Claudia Williams”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Well the room was okay and it was located in a pretty good area. It was nice at night to watch the fireworks from Busch Gardens every night. The only thing that bothered us was the other guests. Running around all hours of the night and day. At one point a young guy came out of his room after taking a shower and was walking around in just a towel. Very uncomfortable. And not sure but think maybe they were prostitution and drugs

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your kind words regarding the property itself. I apologize that the other patrons were not what you had anticipated. Once again Thank You,
General Mgr.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Pool: trash everywhere around pool deck and floating in the pool
Parking lot: litter and trash on the pavement and in all the landscaping beds
100% smoke free rooms: cigarette burns on nearly all surfaces. Cigarette burns in the bed spreads, yeah IN the bed spreads! Gross....
Functionality: bathroom lights did not work. Called the front desk to have a build replaced and they had us switch rooms instead. The shower in the new room had no gripping surface on its floor and was incredibly slick. My son fell and got hurt. I nearly fell, myself. (If you're elderly, this is a hip breaker) outlet covers detached from the watt and soctek hanging out (fire code violation) swing-lock on the door was busted off, as if someone had kicked in the door previously. Pretty sure hotels are required to have those locks on doors. Light switches on the lights between beds were broken.
Cleanliness and house keeping: where to begin.. Again, 100% smoke free rooms is false advertisement. Burns on surfaces and burns on bed spreads/ sheets. Both rooms we were put in smelled like mold and musty. One bed was missing its blanket entirely. Surfaces in the rooms were littered with stains and sticky spots. Even the walls had stains on them in places around the head boards. There was trash behind the night stand and behind the TV stand/dresser. After we all took I shower, we noticed that the bottoms of our feet had been turned black again, from the dirty carpet.

The location is borderline scary. If you can afford to stay elsewhere, I strongly suggest you do so.

• Stayed July 2014
Bob M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank You very much for taking the time to review our property.
I am very sorry that your stay was not as you had anticipated.
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Lets just say you pay for what you get! If the front lobby is falling apart then the room is definitely not up to standards. We had several rooms and they were all nasty, dirty bathrooms, one room smelled of mold, the walls had stains on them, the mirror was not cleaned and the bed cover had holes from a previous guest smoking and in another room there was a gum stain on the bed cover. For my 4 year old to walk around the room cleaning the walls w/ the Clorox wipes we purchased down the street from the Walmart-Market that is pretty bad. My kids would not even walk around the room and refused to use the bathroom of how dirty the toilet was w/ urine stain at the base of the toilet. We ended up checking out early as we were not happy w/ the rooms. The pictures on the website are very deceiving.

Room Tip: None tip at this time to assist travelers to choose a good room.....
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bob M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that your experience was not the one you had anticipated. Once again we are truly sorry.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 1 night only, the front desk lady took 30 min to check me in stating my reservation was not in the system even though I had a confirmation number. When I got to the room there was a pair of old jeans on the floor, apparently from the previous guests. Around midnight a terrible vibration and loud noise started, I called the front desk and they told me it must of been someone taking a shower at that time , that the pipes were rusty and made that noise, total unacceptable, it was past midnight and could't sleep, the noise was really Loud. Will not stay here ever again even if it was free.

• Stayed July 2014
Bob M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so very sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations. I apologize for the issues that you experienced. We certainly try to exceed guest expectations but fell short with your stay. Once again please accept my sincerest apologies.
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I viewed this hotel online before coming to Tampa and the pictures on the website are not what it looks like in person. Absolutely terrible. Prostitutes and drug dealers all over the place. The rooms were nasty and smelly and the walls were dirty. Its a crack hotel. DO NOT STAY THERE. THIS IS A WARNING. Went down the street to LaQuinta Inn and was very pleased.

• Stayed July 2014
Bob M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.I'm so sorry your stay was not what you expected. We certainly do not want the type of clientele your describing and do our best to work with local authorities to keep this traffic off property. Also we provide security 7 days a week from 9pm to 5am. We encourage all guests to report this type of activity so we may have them removed from the property. Once again I apologize that your stay was not as expected.
Bob M, General Mgr..
Wildwood, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I've been staying at this Red Roof for 3 different Saturdays and can hardly find anything totally wrong. Reasons I chose this particular inn were a Sonny's within walking distance and a decent price for just one night at a time. Yet, the one real flaw of the two different rooms I stayed in happens to be the safe. In one room, the bolts are extended, making it unable to close and the second one has a safe without function. Apart from that, it's still a nice enough inn for the budget conscious.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Bob M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stays at the property. I will be sure to share your comments with staff.
Bob Mucklin
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Do you know that you can stay FREE at red roof bush in tampa? well I was there this weekend and male with long hair told me if Ai see any bugs he. Would give me my money back and a free night. So I stayed in the room for the night and in the morning a black women was in the off I told her I seen bugs in my room. She gave me my money and her boss name I think is Bob gave me a free night this is the best ho/tel.

• Stayed June 2014
Unfortunately this is not the case. A staff member would be required to verify a problem before a refund could be issued.
Bob Mucklin
General Mgr.

Been to Red Roof Inn Tampa Busch? Share your experiences!